Disclaimer message on startup

Today when I started my truck a disclaimer message appeared on the MyLink display and I had to tap OK before I could use it. This is the first time I've seen this message. Is there anything particular that causes this to appear? I can't seem to duplicate it.

IMG_20180518_164449.jpg

I’ve had my 015 since new pops up randomly every now and then. For awhile I was convinced it was set to the first of the month but it was just dumb luck in my case that’s when it was coming on. Then I was convinced it was after the truck sat so many days without being driven (I don’t use drive it in the winter) cause it would pop up every time I would start it. Now I’m convinced it’s every so many cycles of the starter. By this time next year I’m sure I’ll be convinced it’s something eles...

I do know if you don’t push ok it won’t go away. One time I drove 30 miles to work with it on, shut the truck off came back 8 hours later to drive home and it was still on. So I went ahead and pushed OK cause l wanted to listen to the radio again...

The next one you’ll really like when you get in start it up and out of no where you here the nice On Stupid lady say “ this vehicle is connected to OnStar limited services” ... If you try and talk to her though she won’t say anything eles. I’ve sweet talked her, I’ve talked dirty to her, and I’ve called her names yet nothing. It’s like she’s my Bizarro wife cause if I do any of these to my real wife in the truck I get yelled at...

Isn’t  technology  great ...

• Like 2

There must be some evidence to support such random warnings have some effect on our behavior.  This irregular warning doesn't bother me and it keeps me reminded of the technology behind these trucks.  You never need to re-string the tuner on your radio!

That little plastic bulb near the windshield in the center of the dash?

It tracks driver eye movement over miles traveled.  The variability algorithm is pre-set from the factory.   If it determines your eyes have spent too much time - while transmission is in clunk, I mean drive - looking at things besides the roadway (like our bizarro wives), this will pop up.

Mine does it quite often.. Drives me crazy. I find it ironic that to read it you must take your eyes off the road. Stupid stupid stupid. Bean counters and lawyers and irritate me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I get that message sometimes as well. I just want to know if there's a way I can disable it. It's not telling me anything I don't already know.

23 hours ago, Boardmember said:

That little plastic bulb near the windshield in the center of the dash?

It tracks driver eye movement over miles traveled.  The variability algorithm is pre-set from the factory.   If it determines your eyes have spent too much time - while transmission is in clunk, I mean drive - looking at things besides the roadway (like our bizarro wives), this will pop up.

Perhaps you're being sarcastic? Isn't that a light sensor for the headlights, when they're on auto? 

Edited by Nanotech Environmental

45 minutes ago, Nanotech Environmental said:

I get that message sometimes as well. I just want to know if there's a way I can disable it. It's not telling me anything I don't already know.

Perhaps you're being sarcastic? Isn't that a light sensor for the headlights, when they're on auto? 

Of course he's being funny!   The purpose of the message is for a reminder.  It is not unlike the warnings to do up your seatbelts.  It is stuff we know but we need a little reminder once in awhile.  No need to disable a safety feature in your truck.

• Like 1

My fault.  I thought I was being funny but apparently it was, only to me.   My wife has this look she gives me in these situations.  No emoji I have can capture it exactly...

ill try try to behave.   

• Like 1