Swapping Struts to Z71 Ranchos on a Z85

Hey everyone,

I just got my 2014 Silverado with the z85 option not too long ago and while browsing the local CL I came across a set of brand new take off front struts from a 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71. 

Would these be an upgrade to the stock z85 struts? Would it level out the truck at all?

Would there be any modification or swapping of other front end parts required?

Thanks for the help, I tried searching but couldn't find a thread that touched upon this.

Hey everyone,

I just got my 2014 Silverado with the z85 option not too long ago and while browsing the local CL I came across a set of brand new take off front struts from a 2017 Silverado 1500 Z71. 
Would these be an upgrade to the stock z85 struts? Would it level out the truck at all?
Would there be any modification or swapping of other front end parts required?

Thanks for the help, I tried searching but couldn't find a thread that touched upon this.

Don’t buy the ranchos struts.. I did the same thing to my 15 Silverado and the struts bounce a lot, and for some reason when cold temps they squick a lot. Personal opinion stay with oem or bilsteins shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people who change shocks ditch the ranchos and get bilsteins. 

Upgrade is subjective. There is a popular opinion that the Z71 shocks "suck" but I don't understand what is wrong with them. I love my ride. Anyway, if you are going for more off-road handling, you could try the Z71 and decide if you like them. But they won't lift you up, you'll need the adjustable bilsteins 5100 for that.

The only Ranchos I would recommend are the 9000XL's.

I got those in a combo with the Rancho quick lift. I have to say I’m not likely the quick lift it squeaks when I’m driving on a smooth road

3 minutes ago, Deadpoollane said:

I got those in a combo with the Rancho quick lift. I have to say I’m not likely the quick lift it squeaks when I’m driving on a smooth road

Sounds like something is wrong with them. I've had Quicklifts and 9000xl's on mine for 3+ years now and haven't had a squeak from them yet.