Prices paid

My local GMC dealer has a 2018 Sierra 1500 sle double cab for $14,670. I definitely think its a mistake, or there is something wrong with the truck but I figure it can’t hurt to take a look at it. 

Are there any signs I should be looking out for? 

I know here in the PA Ohio area many of the Chevy and GMC dealers are offering some serious discounts on some of the 2018's since the 2019's are coming out.  That's how I got mine, but that seems a bit much of a discount.

I'll bet it's either a demo truck with a few thousand miles on it, or someone bought it and traded it back in within a month, or it's some obnoxious color and interior combo no one wants and they just want to get rid of it.  Or, it's most likely a typo of some kind.

Either way, if you're in the market and that's what you want, it can't hurt to go check it out.  I'd be curious to know what the deal is.  Just be sure it's not a demo or a new buy/trade back in and that it is indeed 100% new and has zero former issues.  If it had an issue, like a blown motor or tranny and got replaced, or something serious like that, the dealer has to disclose that by law.

• Like 1

If that were local to me, I'd be standing at the door when they open tomorrow.  The dealers aren't open on Sundays here. Even if it is a demo, that's a smokin deal.

Edited by Mike GMC

If that's what you're looking for, I'd be on the phone pronto and get over there.

I found my truck over in Ohio after looking around in PA because of a similar posting at the dealership where I got it.  I did get a bit pricier truck though.  Sticker on mine was $58,295 and their website showed it for $43,631.  I called right away and scheduled an appointment the next day.  Drove 2 hours, checked it out, tested it and decided I liked it.  There were no hassles or haggles on that price.  I didn't have to qualify for any of the discounts and they didn't require I finance it through GM or anything, that was the price.  I asked if this was because the 2019's are coming out and I was told no, not really, they just take certain vehicles every month and put them on this super sale.  In fact, the next day after getting my truck, the dealer had the exact same one back online, but with only a $1,000 discount.  I don't know the details of which vehicles they discount or why, but it's not an across the board thing.

So, get over there and check it out, they may not have another one for that price.

• Like 1

I just picked mine up 2 weeks ago. 2018 Crew cab standard bed LT. All star package, “bucket seat”, Bose system and couple other little things. It was a bit shy of 41k OTD. The window sticker was $46200 I think.

Just saw a GMC commercial this morning that the Sierra SLE were on sale. 14k off of the sticker. I wish I would’ve waited for the Sierra.

Located in Ontario California btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a quick look around at the GMC dealers in PA and I don't see anything close to that price on any of their trucks, even the standard cab bottom end trucks.  Maybe it's legit, but man, that's a crazy cheap price for a new truck of any trim level.

Heck, if any other dealers around that area have any at that price that's a business opportunity just waiting to happen.  Buy up three of four of them and then sit on them until the 2018's are all gone, then offer them up for $25K each...BOOM, nice profit.

• Like 1

That’s got to be a typo. I agree that maybe 14 k off. I remember reading an add for a Honda Odyssey when my wife wanted one. It said 19k, and in the fine print a stated something like after 12k equivalent trade in and 3k down payment. Lol