Mobile mirroring

i think you have to break the bank.. i believe .. and i could be wrong, but you'll have to replace the whole stereo unit to mirror.... maybe someone will chime in.. maybe there's a cheaper option.

good luck man...

As mentioned I think the best solution would be to upgrade the head unit to one that accepts apple car play or Android Auto.

There may be some companies who can put the newer software on your older head unit.

1 hour ago, Kubs said:

As mentioned I think the best solution would be to upgrade the head unit to one that accepts apple car play or Android Auto.

There may be some companies who can put the newer software on your older head unit.

MVI the link posted above does this and/or add video in motion with smartphone mirroring without the car play/auto

Is there some secret to getting Android auto to work.  My truck has the 7" touchscreen and has the screen projection icon on the home screen.  I have the Android auto turned on in the audio options.  I've tried with a galaxy s4 s5 and s8 with the original Samsung cables plugged into the usb ports in the jump seat lid.  All the phones work with Android auto in my gf Hyundai.  Usb ports defiantly work as the phones Will charge and I can play music from a thumb drive.  I've tried with them hooked up to blue tooth but still no go.

I watched a YouTube vid and when they plug their phone in the projection screen changes to an Android auto one.  When i plug a phone in it stays on screen projection and clicking it simply gives me a message saying to connect a compatible device

Thats weird ,unless its some canada privacy  thing That the USA put on it   ! IT should work Is it turned on in managed devices menu ?

Does anything work if you remove android auto from the phone and plug it in, the truck should automatically download it to the phone after you plug it in the usb

Edited by Artie61

Is there some secret to getting Android auto to work.  My truck has the 7" touchscreen and has the screen projection icon on the home screen.  I have the Android auto turned on in the audio options.  I've tried with a galaxy s4 s5 and s8 with the original Samsung cables plugged into the usb ports in the jump seat lid.  All the phones work with Android auto in my gf Hyundai.  Usb ports defiantly work as the phones Will charge and I can play music from a thumb drive.  I've tried with them hooked up to blue tooth but still no go.

I watched a YouTube vid and when they plug their phone in the projection screen changes to an Android auto one.  When i plug a phone in it stays on screen projection and clicking it simply gives me a message saying to connect a compatible device

Have you tried a different cable?
I’ve had bad cable issues in the past where a not so good cable will prevent CP from starting.
Attach an iPhone and see if CarPlay starts up. And yes, the projection icon should flip automatically to AA or CP when a phone is plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk