What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

How have you guys been swapping the blinkers? I am having hell and really don’t want to disassemble the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not located where you think it is. There's a knob without a pigtail attached. That's the actual bulb socket. It's a little higher up. Look at the light from the front to approximate where the bulb is, and locate the knob on the back in that general area. There's some sort of electrical wizardry going on there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You got balls to try that with zero experience. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My options were:

1) Take it to a shop and pay a lot of money, or
2) Try doing it myself and save a bunch of money.

If option #2 failed there was always option #1 as a fallback plan. I can afford option #1, but wanted to save as much money as possible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ice_nyne said:

Swapped out the halogen turn signals and reverse bulbs for LED.

Wish all work was that easy!

This has to be like thing 1 for every Silverado owner!!!  Glad to see it.  Wish GM would just do it for us.   

Edited by fsuboy75

This has to be like thing 1 for every Silverado owner!!!  Glad to see it.  Wish GM would just do it for us.   

It’s either that or tinting the front windows to match the others as mod 1.

But yeah, ridiculous that GM isn’t consistent with its LED lighting.

• Like 1

I left my truck sit in garage all weekend and today because we got another 5 inches yesterday and after spending an hour cleaning it on Friday night. It was gonna stay clean.  Drove wife’s Acadia to work. That thing is a lot easier to clean than my “tank”. Can’t believe how much bigger these trucks are compared to her Acadia. 

5 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I left my truck sit in garage all weekend and today because we got another 5 inches yesterday and after spending an hour cleaning it on Friday night. It was gonna stay clean.  Drove wife’s Acadia to work. That thing is a lot easier to clean than my “tank”. Can’t believe how much bigger these trucks are compared to her Acadia. 

LOL, i just swapped a 2500 for another 1500 and it feels like a honda civic.....amazing how small my new elevation feels

15 minutes ago, Dunn said:

LOL, i just swapped a 2500 for another 1500 and it feels like a honda civic.....amazing how small my new elevation feels

That’s too funny. Ya this T1 standard box is a h@ll of a lot bigger than my K2 short box. And twice as big as my wife’s Acadia. I can clean and dry that in about a half an hour in a heated bay. My truck takes about an hour and ten minutes. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

On 2/21/2021 at 9:26 PM, SHKBAKE said:

Replaced the TB decals with all black ones.

Replaced the chrome/red Z71 badges with black/red ones.

Installed 1.5" leveling spacers.

Cut out muffler and flapper valve and installed Flowmaster FlowFX muffler.

20210220_215709.jpg

20210219_223919.jpg

20210220_215722.jpg

I just did the same to my exhaust. I'm loving the flowmaster fx muffler. How are you liking it?

4 hours ago, Therickyp said:

I just did the same to my exhaust. I'm loving the flowmaster fx muffler. How are you liking it?

I love it so far. Just gotta get rid of the leak and all will be good. Just bought a flux welder at harbor freight and gonna teach myself. Hold my beer....watch this!

Edited by SHKBAKE
Added words
  • Like 1