What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

4 hours ago, romclean1 said:

Installed some LASFIT T15 reverse lights.  Crazy bright, doesn't appear to wash out any of the camera.

The output of those bulbs look great.  I've been meaning to upgrade the backup bulbs in my 2020 Custom Trail Boss.  I put generic LED backup bulbs in my previous truck and it made a huge difference.

Did you have to get the special CAN-bus version or do the normal T15 bulbs work?

6 hours ago, Railroad_Jim said:

The output of those bulbs look great.  I've been meaning to upgrade the backup bulbs in my 2020 Custom Trail Boss.  I put generic LED backup bulbs in my previous truck and it made a huge difference.

Did you have to get the special CAN-bus version or do the normal T15 bulbs work?

I just put in Sylvania Zevo 921 LED bulbs yesterday.  $25 at AutoZone.  The difference is dramatic.

• Like 2

I used these, found in another post around here somewhere. they say they are canbus friendly. At only $15, I figured why not give them a try.

374c188bfe2c49bef93d425cbcccf5de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I painted my calipers. Also found out that my 3 ton jack doesn't have the lift to raise the front. Got a bit sketch with some screwed together wood to get it off the floor.

IMG_5634 1.JPG

• Like 1

With the left over caliper paint i removed the shroud to the factory off road assist steps and painted a square out on the tube. Once shroud is installed it is a nice pop to the Silverado cut out. Time will tell on how well it holds up but very cheap visual mods overall.

IMG_5648.JPG

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, Waymon said:

I painted my calipers. Also found out that my 3 ton jack doesn't have the lift to raise the front. Got a bit sketch with some screwed together wood to get it off the floor.

IMG_5634 1.JPG

Go farther back.  If you lift from towards the center/rear of the front doors it lifts fine and gives you a lot more height up front.

Edited by AJMBLAZER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Waymon said:

With the left over caliper paint i removed the shroud to the factory off road assist steps and painted a square out on the tube. Once shroud is installed it is a nice pop to the Silverado cut out. Time will tell on how well it holds up but very cheap visual mods overall.

IMG_5648.JPG

Nice!  I thought about doing this when I had those steps, looks great 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Firehawk T/A said:

Added some amer led's to the lower side vents.

20210306_185800.jpg

20210306_182246.jpg

Looks good! Be honest did you get that idea from my earlier post? :P I haven't seen anyone else with the idea yet but I think it's a great add.. I have 4 amber spot lights but I do want to find some that are more "amber"

20210309_193728.jpg

Edited by Atelliott89
Added photo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NotoriousGT350 said:

Details on product and how

If you're talking about the vent leds, I'm not sure exactly how @Firehawk T/A did his, but for mine I posted it on page 278 with a video. I also linked to the lights I used. They are white with amber flowing turn signals.

I realized that my initial idea of it would not work just to slap the lights against the vent inside edge because the inside edge has a fairly large lip in scale with the lights.. so I used some silicone to create a raise to push out the lights to the front more. This helped to give a direct line of sight to the light to create a similar look to the c shape for the oem light. I realized if I didn't do this it would only create a glow on the body. Of course I used 3m adhesive as well rather than the cheap adhesive it comes with.

Unfortunately I do not have pics of the install but the corner fender pieces have a nice cubby right behind the tab that is wrapped by the oem lights and that's where I hid the wiring. I'll take pics with the lights off when I can.

I still feel like you don't have line of site enough.. I am considering purchasing another and putting it right on top of the ones I already installed.. not sure yet though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atelliott89 said:

Looks good! Be honest did you get that idea from my earlier post? :P I haven't seen anyone else with the idea yet but I think it's a great add.. I have 4 amber spot lights but I do want to find some that are more "amber"

20210309_193728.jpg

No. I had always thought it is a great spot to add some light. I did see your post and it inspired me to get going on mine. Yours turned out great by the way. 

I didn't wire mine up to the turn signals yet! Not sure if I will. The lights I bought have a 3 wire connection. So you can run them as parking lights or add a brighter turn signal flash or just a brighter light. I wired up the dimmer parking light for now.

The lights have 2 mounting holes, top and bottom. I used a couple zip ties and drilled a small hole in the plastic of the bottom vent and looped the top around one of the horizontal slats in the vent. ( I'll take some close up pics.. of how I mounted them tomorrow) They aren't going anywhere. I then just tapped in to the wiring I had previously ran for the Raptor lights. These are the lights I used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0814M7DJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_A0VBZ3JNT8R9QZ5HTR0N

Edited by Firehawk T/A

5 minutes ago, Firehawk T/A said:

No. I had always thought it is a great spot to add some light. I did see your post and it inspired me to get going on mine. Yours turned out great by the way. 

I didn't wire mine up to the turn signals yet! Not sure if I will. The lights I bought have a 3 wire connection. So you can run them as parking lights or add a brighter turn signal flash or just a brighter light. I wired up the dimmer parking light for now.

The lights have 2 mounting holes, top and bottom. I used a couple zip ties and drilled a small hole in the plastic of the bottom vent and looped the top around one of the horizontal slats in the vent. ( I'll take some close up pics.. of how I mounted them tomorrow) They aren't going anywhere. I then just tapped in to the wiring I had previously ran for the Raptor lights. These are the lights I used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0814M7DJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_YEC6X24Y7AG9FC0YP25J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Well hey, great minds think alike haha

Thank you. Also, I'm curious I like my amber spot lights, but yours do look more amber. What lights did you use for those?

I took more pics of the details btw for anyone.

Forgot to mention the cool effect from the wheel well too.

20210309_203838.jpg

20210309_203940.jpg

20210309_204000.jpg

20210309_204022.jpg