What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Finally!!!... after almost 3 weeks of waiting for the baja design ditch lights that I ordered from GM using my points from my truck and my wife's trailblazer, they finally got delivered! They were delayed after delayed after delayed. Anyways got the brackets and lights installed and just need to do the wiring harness on Wednesday.. not going to have time tomorrow. I think they look great but can't wait to see them lit!

Added bonus to the delays were that they gave me a nice camo Chevy wind breaker and Chevy all weather floor liners for the front and rear for free!

20210315_211152.jpg

20210315_211213.jpg

20210315_211257.jpg

20210315_211308.jpg

I made a trip to the other side of the state to get a lightbar from a friend for a refurb project.  While going through a tiny town I was pulled over by a city cop for going 11 over.  😂

When he came up to the truck he obviously wanted to know why I had this in my truck.  I told him "to please not tell the (next town over police department) I took it off their car".  

He wasn't amused until I identified myself.  We then talked for about 20 minutes about lights he'd been restoring.   

Ya had to be there.  

20210315_223038.jpg

• Like 1

Finally!!!... after almost 3 weeks of waiting for the baja design ditch lights that I ordered from GM using my points from my truck and my wife's trailblazer, they finally got delivered! They were delayed after delayed after delayed. Anyways got the brackets and lights installed and just need to do the wiring harness on Wednesday.. not going to have time tomorrow. I think they look great but can't wait to see them lit!

Added bonus to the delays were that they gave me a nice camo Chevy wind breaker and Chevy all weather floor liners for the front and rear for free!
20210315_211152.thumb.jpg.66353322f77b36a85472642bf46475da.jpg
20210315_211213.thumb.jpg.d87e1f105d857e9c23f0173299789bcb.jpg
20210315_211257.thumb.jpg.416d973d4a9c48cf34d559d406815e5e.jpg
20210315_211308.thumb.jpg.082e5b1359e7994792120f9aeb0bc4fb.jpg
The wire harness is the easy part. After the learning curve via emails with Baja Designs I have come to know more than most people should regarding GM and Baja Designs products. If you decide to install the GM Upfitter switches, and choose to connect the lights to them, I'll help you figure out how much of the wire harness you need to throw in the trash. I can't believe GM decided to use a key fob remote as the only switch for the lights. Baja Designs didn't do that. It was all GM.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, SilverMak said:

Yeah, it looks great. What’s your set up. Tires, lift or level, etc. Sorry if you’ve already posted this information. 

Happy to share!

4" BDS Lift

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 285/65/R20

OEM AT4 Wheels

Chassis Unlimited Octane Front Winch Bumper

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Transient said:

The wire harness is the easy part. After the learning curve via emails with Baja Designs I have come to know more than most people should regarding GM and Baja Designs products. If you decide to install the GM Upfitter switches, and choose to connect the lights to them, I'll help you figure out how much of the wire harness you need to throw in the trash. I can't believe GM decided to use a key fob remote as the only switch for the lights. Baja Designs didn't do that. It was all GM.

Yes! I am interested haha please let me know whatever you know. It would be greatly appreciated.. also I didn't see the key fob for it in the box.. what did your wiring harness come with in the box? Mine had no instructions and just the one bag with wiring harness

6 minutes ago, Atelliott89 said:

Yes! I am interested haha please let me know whatever you know. It would be greatly appreciated.. also I didn't see the key fob for it in the box.. what did your wiring harness come with in the box? Mine had no instructions and just the one bag with wiring harness

Also, I haven't seen the GM upfitter switches

There are a couple threads on this forum about the Upfitter switches, including a really good install write up. I'm not going into detail about them in this thread so we can stay on topic. They will allow you to simplify wiring up accessory lights and other things by not having to run wires to the battery because the switches are already connected to the battery.

As for the Baja Designs lights, GM says there's another required wiring harness you need to purchase in order to get the lights to function. That's applicable to both the lightbar for the top of the sport bar, and the a-pillar lights. This additional wire harness is where you'll find a relay, eyelet connectors for the battery, the key fob remote, and the receiver for the signal from the key fob remote. This wire harness is not needed for the a-pillar lights when using the upfitter switches, and only part of it is needed if you get the lightbar but you can get that part from Baja Designs directly, thereby avoiding wasted money and having unused parts.

I've attached a pic of the upfitter switches that I installed in my truck. To avoid derailing this thread, feel free to send me a PM if you want more info. Switch 1 is my lightbar. Switch 2 will be my a-pillar lights once they finally arrive. I've been told they're special order out of Michigan and will take about 7-10 days to arrive.

de528fb0947f8dd59014112c16457d6c.jpg

19 hours ago, fsuboy75 said:

I made a trip to the other side of the state to get a lightbar from a friend for a refurb project.  While going through a tiny town I was pulled over by a city cop for going 11 over.  😂

When he came up to the truck he obviously wanted to know why I had this in my truck.  I told him "to please not tell the (next town over police department) I took it off their car".  

He wasn't amused until I identified myself.  We then talked for about 20 minutes about lights he'd been restoring.   

Ya had to be there.  

20210315_223038.jpg

Ah yes the Streethawk I believe. I remember having to get out of the car to smack those with my hand to get them moving again when the rotators would freeze up in cold weather. The kids are spoiled with the leds.

11 hours ago, Unwrntd said:

Happy to share!

4" BDS Lift

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 285/65/R20

OEM AT4 Wheels

Chassis Unlimited Octane Front Winch Bumper

I love that stance. Chevy guy here but that’s easily the best looking GMC I’ve seen by my tastes. How’s your ride with the KO2s and lift?

• Like 1

I love that stance. Chevy guy here but that’s easily the best looking GMC I’ve seen by my tastes. How’s your ride with the KO2s and lift?

Guarantee it’s flawless! I have the 6” BDS on KO2’s and it rides better than stock 40K in. Even in the snow! [emoji38]

8bc44528b5981da455735caeaf53db4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, slumpychuck said:

Guarantee it’s flawless! I have the 6” BDS on KO2’s and it rides better than stock 40K in. Even in the snow! emoji38.png

8bc44528b5981da455735caeaf53db4a.jpg

I love this look. Are you running spacers for that stance? I have a Silverado but I’m running 35x12.5s on stock 20s and I don’t get that wide of a stance. Considering spacers 

Added a swing case for some additional storage. Install was super easy. Easy to remove if I need take it out and also has two locks (one preventing it being removed and one for the actual compartment)

cd5ed203d869ec87953bc6bcbcd059dd.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like you had to drill some holes in the bedside for the bracket?

Yeah 7 holes. Four for the mount and three for brace that holds the other end
e97bb4c2b471d34a898cf7763c53c76e.jpg
725d3c255a4f65ad560479826246e94c.jpg

• Like 1