Got rearended :(

1 hour ago, Jose_Haha said:

image2.jpeg

Whether or not the frame is damaged, file a Diminished Value claim too.  You can get some extra cash due to the value of the truck declining because of the accident.

• Like 1

Sorry to see this. If you ask me, I’d take the rear end damage over hitting the skunk. At least rear end damage can be fixed and is covered under insurance. Crush a skunk and get that shit squirted all over your truck and sucked into crevices... your truck would never be the same. Just when you think you’ve cleaned it all, a nice hot, humid day will come around and before you know it you smell like Ron Burgundy covered in Sex Panther. Just Brutal.

What does your warning sticker say?
Did you stamp a smiley face on his hood?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Glad everyone is OK, have to love driving a truck, I always tell my wife at least if we get in an accident the truck should "win", it definitely did here.

As far as working with State Farm you can have your car fixed anywhere you want, they send an adjuster, give you the estimate and they can send you a check at that point. Take the estimate to your chosen shop and they "should" honor the SF estimate(although they would usually charge you more if you didn't have the estimate, but this is common practice and they are very used to working off of insurance company estimates). State Farm gives you the estimate on fair value of parts and labor in your area so shops will fix it for what they pay you. State Farm also has preferred shops they use and there are usually quite a few available given your location. If you chose one of those shops they will pay them directly, also there is the benefit that the preferred shop has to guarantee the work(body/paint/frame/ect) for as long as you own the vehicle(it's in their contract with SF), so if there ever is a problem with the repair you can take it back to the shop to be fixed free of charge. So I guess there's some piece of mind in that, for what its worth. GL with the repairs. At least the smiley face seems to still be going strong!