We finally took delivery tonight

Zane

18 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Awesome! While it sucked having to wait just look at the bright side. The discounts on these 2019 trucks are getting really big as the lots fill up. You pocket is full of cash that would have went to the dealer just 30 days ago.

Unless there are incentives, which there are none on the 2019, you pay the price you negotiated when you ordered it!  I am still looking for a Dealer that lets you leave with a "pocket full of Cash"! LOL

19 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Awesome! While it sucked having to wait just look at the bright side. The discounts on these 2019 trucks are getting really big as the lots fill up. You pocket is full of cash that would have went to the dealer just 30 days ago.

No incentives yet, unfortunately. We did however score GM employee level pricing on the deal. More details on that later. Many many articles to come. 

• Like 1

2018-09-28 15.04.08.jpg

100 miles later and we are extremely happy.

Pros

• This thing is an absolute rocket. So glad we went with the 6.2L
  • The Bose audio system is top notch and can produce a good thump without distortion
  • The platform is much more rigid than past generations. In turn, feels much smaller behind the wheel. 
  • The power tailgate is going to make me soooo lazy

Cons

• Whatever stamping oils were used for the exhaust (I think), are still burning off each time we take a drive. When we get out it's a pretty strong "burnt" smell that is slowly getting better. Similar to other new vehicles we've driven but much stronger than I've ever experienced before. Who knows why. 
  • The interior button lights don't dim uniformly. At minimum dim the heated seat indicators are "off" while the cooled seat indicators are visible. It almost caused me to think the heated seats didn't work. 
  • I can't figure out how to adjust the contrast of the infotainment screen. It seems a little washed out as of present. 
  • Setting up user profiles is pretty confusing. Linking them to your OnStar account is even more confusing. 
  • Like 2