BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

49 minutes ago, GT87 said:

Does Borla not make an ATAK catback for the 5.3? Everything I see is for the 6.2 only.

There is no atak for the 5.3. I was concerned but I ordered the s type anyway for my 5.3. Sounds perfect and I wouldn’t want it any louder 

16 minutes ago, fieldsend said:

There is no atak for the 5.3. I was concerned but I ordered the s type anyway for my 5.3. Sounds perfect and I wouldn’t want it any louder 

I wonder if there's an ATAK in the works? My concern would be the s type is not loud enough for my taste. Do you have a sound clip of yours?

3 hours ago, GT87 said:

I wonder if there's an ATAK in the works? My concern would be the s type is not loud enough for my taste. Do you have a sound clip of yours?

They told me that they will not be coming out with an ATAK VERSION for the 5.3. The only video I have right now is a warm idle. It’s plenty loud. If you want some videos message me and I can send them 

1 hour ago, KozzyJr said:

Anyone jump on the touring yet?

I was interested in the Touring but Borla doesn't have any sound clips for it. I emailed them and they said they don't currently have sound clips of the Touring. I'm very hesitant on dropping $1200 on something without at least hearing it first. Currently leaning towards the Gibson cat back. It's less than $600. More willing to take a chance on that since it's half the price. I prefer tamer exhausts. The consensus i'm getting so far seem to indicate the Type-S will be too loud for me. 

21 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

I was interested in the Touring but Borla doesn't have any sound clips for it. I emailed them and they said they don't currently have sound clips of the Touring. I'm very hesitant on dropping $1200 on something without at least hearing it first. Currently leaning towards the Gibson cat back. It's less than $600. More willing to take a chance on that since it's half the price. I prefer tamer exhausts. The consensus i'm getting so far seem to indicate the Type-S will be too loud for me. 

I had the s type before on my 2014 6.2. Way to loud, and the drone at 2000 rpm was rediculas. my kids always had head aches after a road trip to camp.

Edited by KozzyJr

1 hour ago, KozzyJr said:

I had the s type before on my 2014 6.2. Way to loud, and the drone at 2000 rpm was rediculas. my kids always had head aches after a road trip to camp.

The new Type-S and Touring are reported to have no drone. I think i might go with the Gibson. We shall see. 

The Touring is very close to the GM/Borla system. Mild sound.

8 hours ago, lt1z said:

The Touring is very close to the GM/Borla system. Mild sound.

Do any of you guys have the single exit exhaust? I have the 2019 sierra SLE with the single passenger side exhaust. Does gibson make an exhaust that would work with the single exit side? 

1 hour ago, jordanl010 said:

Do any of you guys have the single exit exhaust? I have the 2019 sierra SLE with the single passenger side exhaust. Does gibson make an exhaust that would work with the single exit side? 

You tube my friend. Pretty much every exhaust company has a single side exhaust. Longer the muffler the quieter it get. If you want a mild setup look up magnaflow in a 18-21 inch. 

On 3/13/2019 at 6:45 PM, ARTLFT said:

I just bought a 2019 trail boss and added a Borla XS muffler. These are some videos of what it sounds like. Excellent growl when you put your foot on the pedal and complete quiet when cruising. Neighbor and baby friendly!

FA8ACC28-3F7E-4D99-B627-8D875347924C.MOV

I couldn’t get the links to work either. Do you have the sound clips on YouTube? I was thinking about doing a straight muffler swap too. I’m just looking for sound but don’t want the drone. My 2017 Silverado has a terrible drone with a Gibson exhaust.

1 hour ago, BlackBeard1790 said:

I couldn’t get the links to work either. Do you have the sound clips on YouTube? I was thinking about doing a straight muffler swap too. I’m just looking for sound but don’t want the drone. My 2017 Silverado has a terrible drone with a Gibson exhaust.

Make sure you keep your flappers just in-case there is drone. I went with the Magnaflow muffler. You can can read about it here. 

27 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

Make sure you keep your flappers just in-case there is drone. I went with the Magnaflow muffler. You can can read about it here. 

Thanks! My local shop recommended the Magnaflow. I’m wondering if I go with a Flowmaster and keep the flappers, if that would sound more closely to the GM performance exhaust...

1 hour ago, BlackBeard1790 said:

Thanks! My local shop recommended the Magnaflow. I’m wondering if I go with a Flowmaster and keep the flappers, if that would sound more closely to the GM performance exhaust...

The Flowmaster is definitely much louder than the Magnaflow. Even without the flappers, the Magnaflow sound was pretty tame. I think the Flowmaster with flappers will still be a bit louder than the GM performance exhaust. The GM performance exhaust is really tame.