BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

FYI, received this from Borla after Ian responded regarding questions about the True Duals. 

There is not much in the way of performance gains on a stock vehicle over our regular system, the true dual is geared towards increased potential for vehicles that have further modifications than stock. The sound quality on a single vs true dual is not different. An S-type sounds like an S-type etc.

Good info... thank you...

I called borla and the rep was kind of a dick... no help

Cancelled my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, PabloK said:

Cancelled my order.

Your welcome, glad it was helpful. Sorry about your experience. The guys i've talked with via email have been helpful in my interactions.  Hopefully you're S-Type smooths out as it "breaks in". Good luck!

• Like 1

Your welcome, glad it was helpful. Sorry about your experience. The guys i've talked with via email have been helpful in my interactions.  Hopefully you're S-Type smooths out as it "breaks in". Good luck!

Yup I hope she does.. not a big deal at the end of the day.

You saved me serious money. :)

5 hours ago, PabloK said:

Cancelled my order.

Never mind..  I had not read all the way to the bottom of the topic...

• Like 1

Never mind..  I had not read all the way to the bottom of the topic...

Sucks

I firmly believe the dual setup will create a deeper more refined tone.

Borla guy said “there’s a slight change in tone” but I’m general treated me like I was asking the dumbest question on earth.

I asked him if he has specifically heard both setups, in person, he hesitated and said a limp yes. Don’t believe him.

I asked him for a sound clip and he said no.

It baffles me, beyond belief, that a company that specializes in exhausts, can’t supply their customer base with a sound clip. Who the hell is running things over there?

I can take my iPhone, make a video, post it on YouTube in about 10 minutes straight from my iPhone.

Earth to Borla - Help out your potential customer who are dropping 1200-1400 on your systems with a fuxkin sound clip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PabloK said:

Sucks

I firmly believe the dual setup will create a deeper more refined tone.

Borla guy said “there’s a slight change in tone” but I’m general treated me like I was asking the dumbest question on earth.

I asked him if he has specifically heard both setups, in person, he hesitated and said a limp yes. Don’t believe him.

I asked him for a sound clip and he said no.

It baffles me, beyond belief, that a company that specializes in exhausts, can’t supply their customer base with a sound clip. Who the hell is running things over there?

I can take my iPhone, make a video, post it on YouTube in about 10 minutes straight from my iPhone.

Earth to Borla - Help out your potential customer who are dropping 1200-1400 on your systems with a fuxkin sound clip.

Also had the same confusion when trying to purchase the Touring, they didn't have any sound clips for it. In my case though, the rep was nice through email. I couldn't quite understand why a company that manufactures exhausts don't have sound clips for each exhaust they sell. You would think it would be in their best interest. Anyways, i purchased the Gibson exhaust instead. I could end up being disappointed with the Gibson but that's besides the point. 

• Like 1

Also had the same confusion when trying to purchase the Touring, they didn't have any sound clips for it. In my case though, the rep was nice through email. I couldn't quite understand why a company that manufactures exhausts don't have sound clips for each exhaust they sell. You would think it would be in their best interest. Anyways, i purchased the Gibson exhaust instead. I could end up being disappointed with the Gibson but that's besides the point. 

Lol that makes two of us not happy with our systems Great luck

5 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

Let us know how you like the Gibson. I've heard it on one of the Black Widow SCA's. I thought it sounded good but didn't drive it. 

Hi everyone, we do have videos coming for the 2019 Silverado! We have shot and recorded the 5.3L, but have not started on the 6.2L trucks. We understand how important videos are for our products, however, we aren't always able to have a video right away because we sometimes do not have the time or resources to do one. We have limited access to vehicles. We typically try to find customers who are willing to volunteer their vehicles for R&D in exchange for product. More often than not, we end up having to bring in multiple vehicles as we usually only have 2-3 weeks with each car/truck and R&D can sometimes take much longer depending on how many products we will be offering and sound tuning. There are cases where we finish R&D, but don't have time to do a video so we end up having to look for another vehicle. In addition, we also do not have an in-house video team. 

With that being said, we are in need of a Silverado/Sierra 6.2L! You would be getting a Cat-Back system in exchange for letting us borrow your vehicle for a video showcasing all of our sound levels. Our R&D facility is located in Oxnard, CA, and the truck must be stock. If you are interested, please send us a PM. Thank you! 

• Like 1