BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

33 minutes ago, Thunderflight said:

I found two different part numbers for the S type 140773 and 140778 whats the difference in sound? I have a 2019 HC crew cab short bed with 6.2

140778 is the true dual exhaust (single muffler) for the 6.2L.  2 pipes in / 2pipes out.

I'd definitely go with that one.  Much better setup than a single in/dual out... Wish they made it for the 5.3L.

Edited by Swiftks

On 11/26/2019 at 7:18 PM, Swiftks said:

140778 is the true dual exhaust (single muffler) for the 6.2L.  2 pipes in / 2pipes out.

I'd definitely go with that one.  Much better setup than a single in/dual out... Wish they made it for the 5.3L.

Is there any actual performance difference though?

28 minutes ago, Mstorm18 said:

Is there any actual performance difference though?

Is there any real performance difference with the regular Borla single in/dual out over stock exhaust; i.e. GM's "performance exhaust"?

If there are gains to be had with a bolt on exhaust (no long tube headers), besides a nice growl and your butt dyno, then it's even more true for a true dual exhaust.

13 minutes ago, Swiftks said:

Is there any real performance difference with the regular Borla single in/dual out over stock exhaust; i.e. GM's "performance exhaust"?

If there are gains to be had with a bolt on exhaust (no long tube headers), besides a nice growl and your butt dyno, then it's even more true for a true dual exhaust.

There is and it's been posted in a multitude of places. Is it huge? no, but it's noticeable.

I shouldn't been more clear and the reason for my ask. The dual in / dual out has no tips and uses the factory valances...boring. It doesn't appear Borla makes a quad tip setup like the single in / dual out packages to add on to this dual in / dual out package. So I'm weighing the difference between HP/TQ adds between the two packages vs the appearances.

3 minutes ago, Mstorm18 said:

There is and it's been posted in a multitude of places. Is it huge? no, but it's noticeable.

I shouldn't been more clear and the reason for my ask. The dual in / dual out has no tips and uses the factory valances...boring. It doesn't appear Borla makes a quad tip setup like the single in / dual out packages to add on to this dual in / dual out package. So I'm weighing the difference between HP/TQ adds between the two packages vs the appearances.

Aaahhh that makes more sense... Well that's stupid they don't offer their dual exhaust with different tips, since it's their best one.  I do love the carbon fiber tips, that's the one I got.

I'd call them tomorrow and ask to speak to someone in their technical department, and see if adding the tips you like would be possible to the dual exhaust.

• Thanks 1

I installed the gm performance exhaust and the factory air induction in my 2019 Denali with the6.2. It was a little louder than what I wanted on a denali so I had a cherry bomb put on each pipe just before the tips. It toned it down but sounds better than the stock exhaust.At 70mph Ivan get almost 26 mph. Get up above 75 and it drops back to around 19-20. also installed a Peddle Commander and absolutely love it. It makes throttle response unbelievable. I want to get the truck dynoed but my guys say they haven’t come out with a way to hack the computer. They have guys lined up waiting on super chargers but have no way to tune them

19 minutes ago, Rduatctt said:

I installed the gm performance exhaust and the factory air induction in my 2019 Denali with the6.2. It was a little louder than what I wanted on a denali so I had a cherry bomb put on each pipe just before the tips. It toned it down but sounds better than the stock exhaust.At 70mph Ivan get almost 26 mph. Get up above 75 and it drops back to around 19-20. also installed a Peddle Commander and absolutely love it. It makes throttle response unbelievable. I want to get the truck dynoed but my guys say they haven’t come out with a way to hack the computer. They have guys lined up waiting on super chargers but have no way to tune them

Not trying to sound like a ass, but your "guy" needs to keep up to date for his customers.

HP Tuners released their tune a couple weeks ago.  First ones to crack the ECM.  Only thing is, you have to do a ECM swap, and then buy the credits and software, and have a custom tune done... Say around $3K.

Also, warranty is definitely going buh bye with this...

Edited by Swiftks

i've talked to Borla and posted about the duals before. I'm not sure what "mods" would be suggested where true duals gain more than the 1-2. I assume more than just a CAI. 

There is not much in the way of performance gains on a stock vehicle over our regular system, the true dual is geared towards increased potential for vehicles that have further modifications than stock. The sound quality on a single vs true dual is not different. An S-type sounds like an S-type etc.

13 minutes ago, Rduatctt said:

Don’t want to do a swap. Haven’t talked to them in a few weeks. They are a high performance racing shop and trust what they tell me. This will be the 3rd truck that they will tune for me. 

Sounds good.  What part of the country are you in?  I'm in Houston and supposedly Houston House of Power did the first full custom tune on one this past week.

Anyway, unfortunately a ECM swap is typically the only way a tune can be performed on these vehicles now days.  I wouldn't do it myself, definitely take it into a shop to have them do it, and then tune it.

More info. can be found in this thread about tuning as well:

• 2 months later...

Has anyone messed with the flappers at all? I’m just doing a muffler swap this week but I’m absolutely lost when it comes to the flappers. I want as much noise as I can get without droning at highway speed or too much noise at cruise. I got a Magnaflow 11229 muffler. Question is, do I cut both flappers off or only one? If one, which one? I’m thinking the upstream flapper will kill more drone than the downstream. I read on another post that both flappers removes makes too much drone

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/1/2019 at 7:56 PM, Mstorm18 said:

Check out the following part numbers.  Borla offers all their tip options with the dual system.  

PNs 140778, 140779BC, 140779CF, 140785

I’m looking at the true dual systems too but can’t find any sound clips so or comments regarding sound with DFM so am a bit hestitant.