BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

5 minutes ago, truck_newbie said:

The Flowmaster is definitely much louder than the Magnaflow. Even without the flappers, the Magnaflow sound was pretty tame. I think the Flowmaster with flappers will still be a bit louder than the GM performance exhaust. The GM performance exhaust is really tame. 

That’s what I figured. So, is the Magnaflow 12909 the one for the 5.3? Also, did you go with a single exit or a dual split?

7 minutes ago, BlackBeard1790 said:

That’s what I figured. So, is the Magnaflow 12909 the one for the 5.3? Also, did you go with a single exit or a dual split?

Both the 12909 and 11229(that i have) are single exits. I'm not sure about the 5.3 but on the 6.2, factory piping is single-in, single-out, you can see in the pictures in my post. It seems the 12909 is a much bigger muffler than the 11229. What I have been told is that generally, the bigger the muffler, the quieter the sound. The 12909 with both flappers might end up too quiet for you. If you go with the 12909, you could probably just try with one flapper first. 

I ordered the Gibson Part #: GPE-65692. I got it heavily discounted for $450 so i figured why not. I like my current setup but sometimes it seems a bit too quiet. If i end up not liking the Gibson, i'll go to my old setup. 

On 9/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, ian@borla said:

So since you wouldn't answer my email, how come there is no exhaust showing on you website for a Crew cab standard box (6.5ft). I mostly see these trucks with a longer box than the short one.  Thanks

On 9/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, bearded_warrior said:

@ian@borla

Is there a notable sound or performance difference for the True Dual System compared to the 1 to 2 design? 

Thanks!!

On a stock vehicle, the performance difference is negligible. The sound is a little bit different. The dB levels are identical, but the true dual system has a warmer tone. Overall, it will still sound like our typical S-Type system for the Silverado/Sierra. 

39 minutes ago, Dougie86 said:

So since you wouldn't answer my email, how come there is no exhaust showing on you website for a Crew cab standard box (6.5ft). I mostly see these trucks with a longer box than the short one.  Thanks

I'm sorry, I don't believe I have received an email from you. My email address is [email protected]. Unfortunately, I don't have an update regarding the Crew Cab with the Standard Box. We have not brought one in to our R&D facility, but I'm quite sure that we will offer systems for that wheelbase as we did with the previous generation. 

Edited by ian@borla

wish i had known a true dual setup was coming.... fml.

@Borla can we get some 6.2 s-type true dual sound clips?  

you describe it as "warmer"  can you get into any more detail?  i would imagine this setup has a fairly large impact on the tone.

my current 140773 / split s-type honestly doesnt sound that great. the exhaust note is too sharp and is horribly mono-tone as the engine runs through the rpms.  just a constant rumble... rushed into market?

FYI, received this from Borla after Ian responded regarding questions about the True Duals. 

There is not much in the way of performance gains on a stock vehicle over our regular system, the true dual is geared towards increased potential for vehicles that have further modifications than stock. The sound quality on a single vs true dual is not different. An S-type sounds like an S-type etc.

• Like 1