2019 High Country Multiple issues!

Just picked up my new '19 High country with deluxe and technology package and am having many issues!!

1. Got the "SD card has been removed" message on the driver information center on the way home with truck.   (Dealer did say it happened twice when they had the truck but they had fixed it) guess not.....

2. Heated seat button indicator lights  (front and rear seats) stopped working on the way home from dealer but seats continued to heat as normal you just couldn't tell what setting you had them on.   Tried restarting the truck didn't fix it. Next morning still did not work, then after running errands for a couple hours lights started to work again?

3. Driver alert seat does not work.  (Infotainment system settings says it's turned on).

4. Park assist does not work and will not turn on.  (Infotainment system says it's on)  Light on Park assist button will not come on and pressing the button displays the message "Park assist off" on the driver information center.  Pressing the button again just dismisses the message.  Pressing it a 3rd time tells you again that park assist is off, press it again and it just dismisses the message.  Continuing to do this just repeats this cycle but the light on the button never comes on.  (driving right up against the front garage wall the truck does nothing to warn me.   Left the garage door shut and tried backing up and it did nothing to warn me I was about to hit the door)

5. Blind spot Warning only seems to work when driving on the interstate when passing other vehicles or other vehicles passing you.  When parked along a street waiting to pull out it does not warn you of approaching cars from the rear or at all when they drive by.

Gonna have to give the dealer a call in the morning and let them know i am not happy.   My '14 Silverado LTZ Z71 never had a single issue with any of this.

Your topic is good for grabbing readers' attention.  You will surely hear from all the "first model year" people and those that look for opportunities to share in a GM bashing party! I wouldn't be surprised to hear that your "multiple" issues are one.  A few weeks ago my computer stopped working after weeks of doing a myriad of odd behaviors.  The symptoms didn't make sense to me but they were all remedied by replacing the hard drive.  Your "technology package" option sounds like it could be a source of your troubles. I'm sure these are annoying but this is the sort of thing why new vehicles have warranties.  I hope in the big picture you are delighted with your new truck.  My dealer had a new HC on the lot and it looked outstanding!  

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, jamiehag said:

Just picked up my new '19 High country with deluxe and technology package and am having many issues!!

1. Got the "SD card has been removed" message on the driver information center on the way home with truck.   (Dealer did say it happened twice when they had the truck but they had fixed it) guess not.....

2. Heated seat button indicator lights  (front and rear seats) stopped working on the way home from dealer but seats continued to heat as normal you just couldn't tell what setting you had them on.   Tried restarting the truck didn't fix it. Next morning still did not work, then after running errands for a couple hours lights started to work again?

3. Driver alert seat does not work.  (Infotainment system settings says it's turned on).

4. Park assist does not work and will not turn on.  (Infotainment system says it's on)  Light on Park assist button will not come on and pressing the button displays the message "Park assist off" on the driver information center.  Pressing the button again just dismisses the message.  Pressing it a 3rd time tells you again that park assist is off, press it again and it just dismisses the message.  Continuing to do this just repeats this cycle but the light on the button never comes on.  (driving right up against the front garage wall the truck does nothing to warn me.   Left the garage door shut and tried backing up and it did nothing to warn me I was about to hit the door)

5. Blind spot Warning only seems to work when driving on the interstate when passing other vehicles or other vehicles passing you.  When parked along a street waiting to pull out it does not warn you of approaching cars from the rear or at all when they drive by.

Gonna have to give the dealer a call in the morning and let them know i am not happy.   My '14 Silverado LTZ Z71 never had a single issue with any of this.

Hi, jamiehag. I’m sorry to hear about these multiple concerns, especially so early into your vehicle ownership. Feel free to send us a private message, if you’d like an additional layer of support, working with your dealership.

Anthony J.

On 11/4/2018 at 7:47 PM, jamiehag said:

Go to into the menu on the radio and dig all the way down to the "about" page. You should find the update version there. If it is less than version V507, there may be an over-the-air update you can do. You may have to go to Settings and check for available updates. If your version is less than V507, and it says no updates available, it will have to be updated by the dealer. You will have to have cell and data service to perform the download and update. The truck will be inoperable while it updates as well. This may or may not solve your issues, but there is a long list of problems this may take care of. I am still checking GM for any other possibilities. When you get the SD card message there is an error code...if you give me that code I can help more

Edited by 2017Darkness

On 11/6/2018 at 8:53 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, jamiehag. I’m sorry to hear about these multiple concerns, especially so early into your vehicle ownership. Feel free to send us a private message, if you’d like an additional layer of support, working with your dealership.

Anthony J.

Guess you “customer service” guys only care about the new models. 

Just an update.  Dealer had to reset the front/rear park assist system.  Was told that the truck was reading that the protective film that is shipped on these trucks covering the sensors was still being read by the system. 

Seat heat lights have only acted up once and we have not been able to duplicate the issue.....

Still getting the occasional "SD card has been removed" message on the DIC     Did not see any error code with this.

Edited by jamiehag

How's your lane departure warning working ? - Here's what's going on with mine -

On my old truck (2014 - Z71) lane departure warning would vibrate seat every time the truck got close to the painted lane lines - 

New truck (2019 Sierra) the system will steer the truck back into the lane MOST of the time - the green symbol in the speedo 

turns yellow EVERY time l get close to the painted lines - yet the seat vibrate will only work about every tenth time -

it seems the seat should vibrate every time the yellow light comes on 

(the seat vibrate works fine for park alert)

On 11/6/2018 at 7:54 AM, clay00024 said:

I had the same problem with the sd card. My Ipod cuts out also when it is plugged into the usb in the console but not when plugged into the dash usb.

Replace the cord first. I’ve had numerous apple cords act that way. 

10 minutes ago, desert said:

How's your lane departure warning working ? - Here's what's going on with mine -

On my old truck (2014 - Z71) lane departure warning would vibrate seat every time the truck got close to the painted lane lines - 

New truck (2019 Sierra) the system will steer the truck back into the lane MOST of the time - the green symbol in the speedo 

turns yellow EVERY time l get close to the painted lines - yet the seat vibrate will only work about every tenth time -

it seems the seat should vibrate every time the yellow light comes on 

(the seat vibrate works fine for park alert)

I've noticed the exact same thing my previous '14 was the same way.  I think the less vibrations is by design with the new lane assist?  It now seams to only vibrate the seat in more "extreme" situations or line crossings.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 7:26 PM, jamiehag said:

Just an update.  Dealer had to reset the front/rear park assist system.  Was told that the truck was reading that the protective film that is shipped on these trucks covering the sensors was still being read by the system. 

Seat heat lights have only acted up once and we have not been able to duplicate the issue.....

Still getting the occasional "SD card has been removed" message on the DIC     Did not see any error code with this.

I have this issue... are you saying that I need to head to the dealer?  or look for some leftover protective film?