So.....Im looking to buy a new optic for some double duty action. I need an scope that can function on both my BCM ar15 AND my Remington 700 chambered in 7mm rem mag for some distance shooting out to 500 yards or so. I'm interested in either the Vortex Viper or the Vortex Diamondback (killer warranty).  I realize there may be a need for 2 sets of scope mounts in order to fit the two rifles but that's not an issue for me. Which model and configuration do you think is best for my application? Thanks!

Honestly I run Vortex on multiple platforms of mine and have nothing but positive things to say. I use their scopes and red dots. I have been impressed by every product of theirs I have purchased and the warranty/customer service is second to none. I have the Diamondback and love it. I would say its up to personal preference and budet which product to go with but no matter what you chose Vortex will not disappoint. Happy shootin'!

1 hour ago, pronstar said:

What the intended use for the AR?

What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Its going to be a combo of coyote hunting and general plinking. 

1 hour ago, Moore84 said:

Honestly I run Vortex on multiple platforms of mine and have nothing but positive things to say. I use their scopes and red dots. I have been impressed by every product of theirs I have purchased and the warranty/customer service is second to none. I have the Diamondback and love it. I would say its up to personal preference and budet which product to go with but no matter what you chose Vortex will not disappoint. Happy shootin'!

I've got a friend who originally recommended them to me! Everyone I have talked too seems to rave about Vortex as a whole.

I think an LPVO would fit the bill perfectly.

Steiner P4xi 1-4 has great glass, can be had for around $400. It’s my favorite all-around optic.

For a bit more magnification, the Trijicon Accupower 1-8 can be found for around $900, really good glass as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 6 months later...

out to 500 yards? you want a 4.5 x 25 the Viper PST would be a great choice for the money.  I have one on my 308 and it bright and clear.  Get a 1911 rail for both and you will not need different mounts.  Also can get a quick detach throw lever for the mount or rings