Rear window leak

Demon

21 minutes ago, C Gerber said:

A friend of ours works at the Fort Wayne plant, and I heard him mention that they had engineers there at the plant for several months trying to figure out the issue and how to fix it. I didn't ask him whether they ever think they found a fix, but based on this thread, I have to assume they never did. I will have to keep an eye on our 2020 Denali and I wish I had known about this before our purchase. :(

It would be great to know, but yea the latest builds are still having these issues, I think there was a 2021 in here with a leaking rear.  Had to be 9/20 build or later.  Let us know if you chat with him again and can get any other information.  Several months is a long time lol...

Is the Trim Lok cord that others have used too large in diameter to push in around the rear window.  Was thinking of trying that instead of caulk or sealant due to the temps in PA right now.  There seems to be enough of a gar around the window to do it.

2 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Is the Trim Lok cord that others have used too large in diameter to push in around the rear window.  Was thinking of trying that instead of caulk or sealant due to the temps in PA right now.  There seems to be enough of a gar around the window to do it.

I purchased the one someone linked to on here and it didn't work for me. I was able to get it in (between edge of glass and body) but once in, the gap between the back of the glass and frame was wider than .25 inch.

6 minutes ago, hydrofoam said:

I purchased the one someone linked to on here and it didn't work for me. I was able to get it in (between edge of glass and body) but once in, the gap between the back of the glass and frame was wider than .25 inch.

I would go to their website and find one that will fit that gap. The one that the other guy linked on here was for the upper gap of the spoiler. I'm sure they have one that will fit the bigger gap of the window. Then you can go to a place like Home Depot or Levine's Auto or something and find that bigger size. Might work... Here is the link to the website of the people that make all this stuff...

https://www.trimlok.com/

Hope this helps...

1 hour ago, Dali555 said:

I would go to their website and find one that will fit that gap. The one that the other guy linked on here was for the upper gap of the spoiler. I'm sure they have one that will fit the bigger gap of the window. Then you can go to a place like Home Depot or Levine's Auto or something and find that bigger size. Might work... Here is the link to the website of the people that make all this stuff...

https://www.trimlok.com/

Hope this helps...

Thanks Dali555.  I am going to check that out, and see if I can Amazon a slightly larger diameter size.  With a black truck I don't think it is going to stick out like a sore thumb, at least as a temporary solution.

Got my truck back after a week and a half. I’ll have to take a better look tomorrow as it was dark when I picked it up. I’ve attached a pic of the new glass numbers as well as the top of the frame and a pic of the old frame... slight difference

5478EF1E-4609-474F-9E44-9564BB8CEE8E.jpeg

E1749AFF-5FBA-4E92-8E50-936AB0BED478.jpeg

78967E36-7BE9-4230-87B8-2099C1306D30.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dali555 said:

Got my truck back after a week and a half. I’ll have to take a better look tomorrow as it was dark when I picked it up. I’ve attached a pic of the new glass numbers as well as the top of the frame and a pic of the old frame... slight difference

5478EF1E-4609-474F-9E44-9564BB8CEE8E.jpeg

E1749AFF-5FBA-4E92-8E50-936AB0BED478.jpeg

78967E36-7BE9-4230-87B8-2099C1306D30.jpeg

Nice to see some physical changes being done to address the issue. Hope it’s the fix everyone’s been waiting for. 

9 hours ago, Z71RAD88 said:

Nice to see some physical changes being done to address the issue. Hope it’s the fix everyone’s been waiting for. 

Looks like the same series as my 06/20 build:

?

IMG_2187.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

Edited by Spyderwebb

This is the first time I've seen the FUYAO E4's without the "wing". Historically, the FUYAO E2's did not have the wing, but the FUYAO E4's and the VIRTO E9's did. 

If that is the case, then they are mixing glass versions with frame types.  ??? 

image.png.1827db914f18430f59a6cbf36705e815.png

55 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

This is the first time I've seen the FUYAO E4's without the "wing". Historically, the FUYAO E2's did not have the wing, but the FUYAO E4's and the VIRTO E9's did. 

If that is the case, then they are mixing glass versions with frame types.  ??? 

image.png.1827db914f18430f59a6cbf36705e815.png

Is the wing the "redesigned" part?