Rear window leak

Demon

Supposed to hear back from GM Customer Care Friday. They are just starting the process of gathering info and seeing what they can do about my unacceptable repair. They seem to be taking their time. Tuesday is 30 days, and I'll be calling my lawyer first thing in the AM.

Interesting bit of info - so my dealer acts like "We want to help you, but we can only do what GM says they will pay us for. We agree - this is a shit repair job, but it's not us. It's GM. If they won't pay, we can't do it." So the GM Customer Care girl said one of the things she was doing was "Gathering the info, and talking to the dealer to try and get them to fix it how I want it fixed." So of course I told her they said they are waiting for you to say they can fix it how I want it fixed! LMFAO. Have to laugh so I don't cry.

2 minutes ago, SamDSJR said:

Supposed to hear back from GM Customer Care Friday. They are just starting the process of gathering info and seeing what they can do about my unacceptable repair. They seem to be taking their time. Tuesday is 30 days, and I'll be calling my lawyer first thing in the AM.

Interesting bit of info - so my dealer acts like "We want to help you, but we can only do what GM says they will pay us for. We agree - this is a shit repair job, but it's not us. It's GM. If they won't pay, we can't do it." So the GM Customer Care girl said one of the things she was doing was "Gathering the info, and talking to the dealer to try and get them to fix it how I want it fixed." So of course I told her they said they are waiting for you to say they can fix it how I want it fixed! LMFAO. Have to laugh so I don't cry.

yeah I've been getting the same BS from both of them.  Good Luck!

On 1/16/2020 at 12:58 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

We need to increase our recruitment efforts folks. No new members in the leaker club lately. What's going on?

Hope to pick mine up today from the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

DONT JINX THE REST OF US!!!!!

??

I am taking my 2019 into the dealership on monday. Yesterday i noticed a stream of water on the rear window just to the drivers side of the back seat headrest. 
IMG_7267.thumb.jpg.65b9fafc9124029dd138a153924fa02a.jpg
Welcome you came to the right place. Lots of info here in this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Brad Burdette said:

I am taking my 2019 into the dealership on monday. Yesterday i noticed a stream of water on the rear window just to the drivers side of the back seat headrest. 

IMG_7267.jpg

Don’t forget to check bolts behind your seats to see if they started to rust. That MAY help indicate how long it’s been leaking 

9 minutes ago, Bobv07662 said:

Is this leak still confined to trucks with the sliding back window?

Yes. Have not heard of any solid windows leaking. Does not mean it has not happen, I just have not heard of that problem.

Well I got mine back this week and 

1) the window replacement looks like garbage.  Caulk still along the top and multiple scratches in the paint below the window (see photos). 
2) lane assist doesn’t work

3) forward collision warnings disabled

4) radio is screwed up with message about password popping up every 5 minutes. Can anyone help with this? 

5) window makes a loud pop every time I open it. 

fuyao 43-000072 winDow.  Fairly certain that’s what was on my last one.  

told the service manager al these things and he said he could fix it at my upcoming oil change.  Freaking new truck can’t make it to its first oil change without being a disaster.  

the service manager seemed convinced he thinks the water is coming from the spoiler plastic grommets that crack.  Maybe that’s the loud noises people hear when they hear it on the roof popping? 

4E7015F2-BCFD-4347-B897-BC00E20C9ECB.jpeg

E783989E-442C-4316-B7E2-7D6DD7EC41D6.jpeg

EDB7FE48-5327-4B07-8474-17CEB423711B.jpeg

284B4A5B-B69F-41B0-BBCA-288F0060CD2E.jpeg