Rear window leak

Demon

thanks for all the feedback and help here, [mention=160416]ShamrockShooter[/mention]. You’ve been so helpful to many of us. 

All the best to you and your family. 
Thanks. Don't worry I'll be back. I took April 1st 2020 in the office bet for my next leak as that is the 1 year anniversary of my first leak.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Mine developed the window leak now. It's a 2019 Crew Cab with a December 12, 2018 build date. It's going in on Monday for the leak and several other things. I had some speakers installed today and the shop told me that the back of the speakers were wet when they took them out. I'm beyond irritated with this.

So i found this forum because i recently purchased my 2019 Silverado and i also have this leak. I purchased a 2019 Silverado RST Z71 Crew Cab and 2 days later noticed that the rear window was leaking. I brought the vehicle back to the dealership on the 3rd day, less than 72 hours from day of purchase. The dealer has a 72 hour return policy. Unfortunately i also had a trade in which was a 2000 dodge dakota which they gave me 3k for in trade value. The dealer has done the initial repair of adding sealant to the top of the window channel. The service department called me and stated they completed the repair according to the service bulletin but it was still leaking and they were waiting to hear from the chevy rep to figure the next repair. They said it would be about a week before the chevy rep was back in their store...i told them that was unacceptable. I called the sales individual and told them i would be coming to the store the next day to discuss the matter. Obviously the sales person has no reach to accomplish anything and decided to speak with his sales manager. He stated he was going to look through their inventory and see if they could find a like vehicle to possible trade me into, which i think they just said that to get more time for the window repair. I opened a case with chevy and the next day i get a call stating my vehicle was repaired and ready for pickup. I went to the dealer and went over it with a fine tooth comb. There was rust buildup on one of the seat bolts, and whoever put the sealant on took no care whatsoever. Its a seamless window for a reason. I talked with the sales manager and told him i will not accept the truck in its current condition. Supposedly the store manager is still looking for a replacement but im not holding my breath. I guess my truck is a little harder to find as it has a sunroof which usually came on the higher models. Im just at a loss and have no idea what to do. This is all new to me as I have never purchased a brand new vehicle, let alone one that cost 45k. What should i do?!?!

12 minutes ago, J_Cool87 said:

So i found this forum because i recently purchased my 2019 Silverado and i also have this leak. I purchased a 2019 Silverado RST Z71 Crew Cab and 2 days later noticed that the rear window was leaking. I brought the vehicle back to the dealership on the 3rd day, less than 72 hours from day of purchase. The dealer has a 72 hour return policy. Unfortunately i also had a trade in which was a 2000 dodge dakota which they gave me 3k for in trade value. The dealer has done the initial repair of adding sealant to the top of the window channel. The service department called me and stated they completed the repair according to the service bulletin but it was still leaking and they were waiting to hear from the chevy rep to figure the next repair. They said it would be about a week before the chevy rep was back in their store...i told them that was unacceptable. I called the sales individual and told them i would be coming to the store the next day to discuss the matter. Obviously the sales person has no reach to accomplish anything and decided to speak with his sales manager. He stated he was going to look through their inventory and see if they could find a like vehicle to possible trade me into, which i think they just said that to get more time for the window repair. I opened a case with chevy and the next day i get a call stating my vehicle was repaired and ready for pickup. I went to the dealer and went over it with a fine tooth comb. There was rust buildup on one of the seat bolts, and whoever put the sealant on took no care whatsoever. Its a seamless window for a reason. I talked with the sales manager and told him i will not accept the truck in its current condition. Supposedly the store manager is still looking for a replacement but im not holding my breath. I guess my truck is a little harder to find as it has a sunroof which usually came on the higher models. Im just at a loss and have no idea what to do. This is all new to me as I have never purchased a brand new vehicle, let alone one that cost 45k. What should i do?!?!

I would continue to hold your ground and not accept the vehicle until it is in acceptable condition for you.  See if they can’t undo the deal and get your Dakota and money back. 

Just now, Centrebaseball said:

I would continue to hold your ground and not accept the vehicle until it is in acceptable condition for you.  See if they can’t undo the deal and get your Dakota and money back. 

Unfortunately my Dakota is long gone. My biggest thing, this being a new truck and my first ever purchased new vehicle, i dont want to own a vehicle that has had previous water damage. The only extent i know for water damage is rust built up on my jack, and now the one on the middle seat brackets. Which shows me they didnt look for any water damage because i only told them about the rust on the jack. Also my truck has the cloth seats.

Unfortunately my Dakota is long gone. My biggest thing, this being a new truck and my first ever purchased new vehicle, i dont want to own a vehicle that has had previous water damage. The only extent i know for water damage is rust built up on my jack, and now the one on the middle seat brackets. Which shows me they didnt look for any water damage because i only told them about the rust on the jack. Also my truck has the cloth seats.

I wouldn’t expect the dealer to take the truck back at their expense. They’re a dealer, not GM. Your battle is with GM. Good luck. With any car company you’ll need it. It’s not just GM. They are all awful to deal with. Be nice to your dealer. It’s your best bet.

25 minutes ago, J_Cool87 said:

Im curious how a buy back would work if i traded another vehicle for this truck? Also in the same instance how would a dealer trade work?

The dealer /GM would give you a equivalent vehicle. From the Robison Lemon Law Group

What is a Lemon Law Buyback?

A lemon law buyback refers to the process in which a vehicle manufacturer is either forced to or voluntarily reacquires a vehicle because of a warranty defect which substantially impairs the use, safety, and value of the vehicle. A buyback generally takes place at the conclusion of a lemon law dispute, following arbitration and trials (if necessary).

Typically, these buybacks result in a full refund of funds spent towards the purchase or lease of the vehicle (including down payments, monthly payments, registration), alongside reimbursement for incidental expenses such as a rental car or towing costs.

Any outstanding balances on automobile loans related to the vehicle will also be paid off in full by the manufacturer.

The main exception to the blanket refunds associated with lemon law buybacks is known as a “usage fee,” which a manufacturer is entitled to deduct based upon the period of time the vehicle was operated absent issue and the value of the miles placed on the vehicle prior to the first time it was taken in for repairs. You may also be responsible for additional taxes, if applicable.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:14 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

Got mine back tonight. Window was replaced with the same make and model my 2020 came with from the factory. I was very upfront with my dealer about the bad experience I had before with the glass company and my truck getting scratched and greasy fingerprints. It was obvious they were stressed this had to be done perfect. My truck was detailed inside and it looked like it came off the showroom floor. They washed the outside more on that in a minute.

There was a good sized chip in my paint on the rear rocker from them getting in and out with boots on. Not a big deal should touch up with a drop of paint. That was about it I thought. Then I noticed the middle seatbelt was twisted. Not a big deal. Just need to undo the bolt and untwist it.

Then I ran to the store and it was warm out (42 deg, yeah that's warm here). So I cracked the sunroof and opened the rear slider. Something seemed off. I hit the button for the rear window again and nothing. They must have forgotten to hook up the rear window. So we went through all that and nobody thought hey should I check if this window works before I put it back together? I mean really? So now I have to drop it back off. Hopefully it just isn't connected and will be quick fix. God if they have to install another window...

My truck only has 2000 miles so with early snow, and hunting season I didn't really give the truck a good wash yet or pay much attention because bit was covered in mud. But since my dealer washed it I looked at it in the dark with a flashlight. Granted it is black but what the heck, my truck looks like it was sand blasted. I hand washed it with some soap and it doesn't really come off.. some of it did it I picked at it but not really. The front quarter panels, and bumper have it all over but just a few speckles on the rest of the truck. Any idea? I don't think it's water spots. Almost looks like white paint overspray?35c19ff94fa83ccf105629298ee22345.jpg

Interesting looking at your FUYAO new back window.   I thought I was one of the luck ones with no problem and I found that my 2019 LTZ is leaking on both sides in the back as well.

My leaking window is a FUYAO but the PN next to it is slightly different.  Mine is a PN 43R-0115130 vs your 43R-000072.   Is this the number w should be looking for as far as a fix?

On 1/17/2020 at 8:05 PM, cltsig said:

Seems odd to me I never heard of (or had) a leak until the weather got cold. Now everyone has them left and right. Maybe some bad plastic window framing and cold weather, plus add some frame twist = crack and leak. Anyone in south FL had a leak?

I'm in AZ and mine just started leaking over the weekend - add me to the list 2019 LTZ

I'd be curious as to everyone's build date.... My AT4 has just under 3,000 miles on it and I'm soooo hoping it never develops the leak. My build date is 9/23/2019... PLEASE, knock on wood, that it doesn't start.

Following to stay up to date on everyone....

6 hours ago, Dali555 said:

I'd be curious as to everyone's build date.... My AT4 has just under 3,000 miles on it and I'm soooo hoping it never develops the leak. My build date is 9/23/2019... PLEASE, knock on wood, that it doesn't start.

Following to stay up to date on everyone....

I am in the exact same boat. 2020 AT4, build date 9/19, build in Mexico. I check the back window for leaks and bolts under the seats during and after each rain. I LOVE the truck, but between the window leak and brake issues I feel like I’m walking on egg shells. 

1 hour ago, mistaare said:

I am in the exact same boat. 2020 AT4, build date 9/19, build in Mexico. I check the back window for leaks and bolts under the seats during and after each rain. I LOVE the truck, but between the window leak and brake issues I feel like I’m walking on egg shells. 

Mine was built in Mexico too, I believe all the crew cabs are. Yeah, I just hope these things won’t happen with mine, time will tell...

Well, three weeks later after TSB caulk job and mine is leaking again. Not as bad, but a little water staining appearing after each rain. This time only on passenger side. I have towels behind the headrest and they don't appear to really get wet, but I clean the window and the water stain comes back after it rains. Not sure if I should have a new window put in if the defect is in the window assembly itself. What's to stop the replacement from doing this too. ????