Rear window leak

Demon

Brought my truck back tonight to have them hook up power to the rear slider that was overlooked by the glass company. Two other Silverados parked inside the drive bay with leaking rear windows. Dealer is literally running out of space inside to park leaking trucks.

I will say they gave me a loaded Chevy Blazer. That thing feels fast for an SUV.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just picked up my truck from the Dealer today after they "fixed" the leaking window (not replaced, just put sealant under the spoiler).  They also fixed the 4 recalls now listed for the 2019 Silverado.  I am going to wait a couple of days before I take it through a car wash to ensure the sealant has plenty of time to cure.  I am not very confident the "fix" will work, but I'm hopeful.  I will give periodic updates.  Thanks to everyone on this board for providing insight on this issue as it proved valuable in my discussions with my dealer.  

It’s sad that a company with hundreds of engineers makes a vehicle that leaks water inside. How many decades has mankind been able to make cars that don’t leak water inside? 8? 9? Cars have kept the elements out since World War I. Since humans didn’t have a basic understanding of bacteria.

I’m dumber for having contemplated this.

• Haha 2

My friends 2015 Silverado is leaking too. I showed him the white water stains on his window corners, the crack in his plastic window frame,and the stain in his headliner. His headliner stain is about twice the size of my fist on the drivers side. Passenger side shows no stain.  He’s not as upset as I am seeing how he has owned his truck for five years not 76 days.

I did text my dealership manager last night told him I haven’t been getting the callbacks from GM when the say they are. Seeing these windows have been used for the past 6 years it’s not like they have no experience with them. I’d really like to speak with someone in engineering about this issue.  Someone that can speak intelligently about the problem not just restate my frustration, say they understand and will look into it and never call me back. I’m tired of chasing down these people for them to tell me they have taken the last 48-72hrs and not found anything out.  It’s also very disappointing when they say “we tried to contact your dealership but they wouldn’t answer the phone”. How can a dealership stay in business if it doesn’t answer the phone. They answer every time I call. I feel like they are just stalling. 

1 hour ago, JohnCasey said:

I did text my dealership manager last night told him I haven’t been getting the callbacks from GM when the say they are. Seeing these windows have been used for the past 6 years it’s not like they have no experience with them. I’d really like to speak with someone in engineering about this issue.  Someone that can speak intelligently about the problem not just restate my frustration, say they understand and will look into it and never call me back. I’m tired of chasing down these people for them to tell me they have taken the last 48-72hrs and not found anything out.  It’s also very disappointing when they say “we tried to contact your dealership but they wouldn’t answer the phone”. How can a dealership stay in business if it doesn’t answer the phone. They answer every time I call. I feel like they are just stalling. 

Blast them on social media like Twitter our Facebook if you have them. That seems to get responses from speciality groups within the companies. Both companies I worked for that were huge national companies did. 

1 hour ago, spizike9 said:

Blast them on social media like Twitter our Facebook if you have them. That seems to get responses from speciality groups within the companies. Both companies I worked for that were huge national companies did. 

I did that. Did it on their big Yukon announcement. They could care less.

2 hours ago, It's Tim said:

With all the nasty molds and newly discovered multi drug resistant super fungus out there I wouldn't relish the thought of sitting in one of these with the windows up, yuk. 

My dealer told me I was "freaking out over nothing" and that "GM uses  super duper high-tech materials that are impossible to grow mold."

I drove through the Ford lot last night. I think a Lead foot Gray Lariat might be I my very near future. Might also consider a lease. If my current trail boss was a lease I wouldn't really care if the thing leaked or had scratches or shotty caulk jobs because it's basically a long term rental.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Just heard from my after sales support manager from GM. Still have t heard from the executive customer service Dept. He tells me they are having a supply issue with parts. He did tell me he has seen many of these but most are repaired the first time around with the technical service bulletin. He has put my parts on a priority thing where I’m supposed to be at the top of the list(along with everyone else who’s contacted their after sales guy). At this point his concern is getting my truck repaired and me back in it.  I brought up the rust on the seat hardware under the rear seat. I told him it had t really occurre to me that it was a problem until I saw pictures online of the same thing from leaking windows. He’s going to check I got that. I also mentioned the wind noise I’m experiencing(or would be if I was driving my truck) after the first recall was done for the seatbelt tensioner motors. He said to let the dealership handle that.  He also told me he would call or email me by Friday to let me know where everything stands.  I told him I’ll be in the Malirado until my truck got fixed ronreplaced(he thought that was kinda funny).  I did call My Executive customer service rep and she was out for lunch. I asked Rocky if she was alright, not experiencing any sickness, or sickness of a close family member or death of family or friends since I hadn’t heard from her and neither had my dealership when she said she would call. Rocky was a bit taken back by my questioning but laughed about it and told me she was fine and maybe something came up yesterday but he was going to have her call me today. I’m not holding my breath on that one. 

Okay guys another update today.  Lameka from GM Executive customer support called today from the same number I had saved for Jarelyn my last customer service person. She said my parts were coming in this week and we’re probably already there. She said she ha stalked to Danny-service manager. I had talked to the general manager today and Juan the afternoon sales manager and knew I wasn’t being told the truth. I called the general manager again and found out the headliner is supposed to be be in this week. They have no idea when the rear window is coming in and have not talked to anyone named lameka or anyone from GM about it this week. They think she just looked up the records and read them out to me. Supposed to hear from everyone again on Friday January 17th. Well see what they all have to say then.