Rear window leak

Demon

I don’t think liquid contact indicator paper would work very well in this application. Even in our electronics they trigger a lot false positives due to nothing more than humidity. Don’t see it working on or near something like a window subject to fog and condensation (mostly on the outside, but still)...

My truck 2020 denali 1300 miles had for 5 weeks is at dealer for soaked carpet front, driver and passenger and behind driver behind passenger is damp but not soaked, plus I could hear flowing water when stopping and starting off. dealer called said rear window was leaking and was resealed will test tomorrow to see if fixed, also leaking from front and they will try and find it next. has anyone who had a reseal had it be successful ??? Its looking like a lemon law case might be in my future

Update. 

Just got my truck back.  

• They steamed my headliner. If I want to be a total jerk I think I can still see a line up there but its questionable.
  • They replaced the back window. The replacement window is a Fuyao. BUT the 3rd party glass company scratched the spoiler and now they have that on order from the factory. Service Director actually proactively told me about it so kudos to him. There is excess urethane on the spoiler but that will be gone when I get the new spoiler.
  • They replaced the video processing module in the back due to water damage - Part # 84691752.
  • They ordered me a new strut for the tailgate as it was squealing. 
  • They installed new cabin pressure valves as the originals were not seated correctly.

Service Director is putting each issue as separate RO so I am up to 6 now. 2 more to lemon. If recalls counted I 'd be at 9-10.  I could leave the truck with dealer until the parts come in but I need the truck so I can't play the 30 day out of service game.  

Met with the dealership GM and Service Director yesterday.  They want me to open a case with GM (they know its painful) so they can go to bat with GM to see what they can get me and to have it all documented. the dealership promised me at least an extended warranty through his dealership. I told him I had bought one already so he wants me to hold off cancelling that one until he gets with GM. I have 27 days left to get my $ back on it. Told him I don't want an extended warranty for a truck I will now never own past 36k miles if the OEM won't step up and back their product. The extended warranty I bought doesn't cover window frames either.

My best bet is now to get to 2 more warranty claims in the next 11 months. I think that won't be too difficult.

Edited by OhioSpartan

My window got installed on my 20 today. It's supposed to rain all weekend so they are going to leave it in the shop over the weekend to make sure everything cures. When I get it back on Monday it will 61 days out of service between my 19 leaker and 20 leaker. But hey that's about 2,000 miles not on my odometer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

My window got installed on my 20 today. It's supposed to rain all weekend so they are going to leave it in the shop over the weekend to make sure everything cures. When I get it back on Monday it will 61 days out of service between my 19 leaker and 20 leaker. But hey that's about 2,000 miles not on my odometer.

I’m told my new window will now be replaced Monday....won’t get truck until Tuesday or Wednesday so that it has time to cure.  Also about 60-65 days out of service at this time.  But I am getting an extended warranty and I’ve been told by the GM quality brand manager this is a “100%” fix with the window....when I asked if any replacement windows have leaked there was some evasive action, but I’ve been assured that this is the definitive fix and it won’t leak again.  

so...we will see.  I’ll continue driving my loaner until things are made right. 

I’m told my new window will now be replaced Monday....won’t get truck until Tuesday or Wednesday so that it has time to cure.  Also about 60-65 days out of service at this time.  But I am getting an extended warranty and I’ve been told by the GM quality brand manager this is a “100%” fix with the window....when I asked if any replacement windows have leaked there was some evasive action, but I’ve been assured that this is the definitive fix and it won’t leak again.  

so...we will see.  I’ll continue driving my loaner until things are made right. 
And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle too...as they say

• Haha 1

Talked to an Executive Customer Service Rep today. She wanted to check with the dealership to verify my story.  I gave her the options of buyback or lemon law.  This is ridiculous. Some of Y’all have waited 60+ days. I’ve waited 41 today. 44 come Monday. This has cost me about 10% of the cost of the truck so far personally and no telling how much it’s cost my business that I can’t pinpoint.  I’ve asked them not to blow some up my tail with bogus compensation claims or promises to find out about the backordered window or headliner and report back with no information when GM is making trucks every day and I’m sure their not rolling them out of the plant without rear windows or headliner. I also asked her not to blame any of these delays on a strike that happened and ended before I purchased the vehicle. I also let her know that I paid for the vehicle in full with a check. As far as I’m concerned I’ve held up my end of the deal. I gave her the dealership General manager cell phone number and offered to three way call so we can all talk about this together and she said that probably wasn’t the best thing to do Incase one of us got blindsided. We’ll see how this one turns out Tuesday. Everyone at GM takes 48 hrs to do everything. 

Talked to an Executive Customer Service Rep today. She wanted to check with the dealership to verify my story.  I gave her the options of buyback or lemon law.  This is ridiculous. Some of Y’all have waited 60+ days. I’ve waited 41 today. 44 come Monday. This has cost me about 10% of the cost of the truck so far personally and no telling how much it’s cost my business that I can’t pinpoint.  I’ve asked them not to blow some up my tail with bogus compensation claims or promises to find out about the backordered window or headliner and report back with no information when GM is making trucks every day and I’m sure their not rolling them out of the plant without rear windows or headliner. I also asked her not to blame any of these delays on a strike that happened and ended before I purchased the vehicle. I also let her know that I paid for the vehicle in full with a check. As far as I’m concerned I’ve held up my end of the deal. I gave her the dealership General manager cell phone number and offered to three way call so we can all talk about this together and she said that probably wasn’t the best thing to do Incase one of us got blindsided. We’ll see how this one turns out Tuesday. Everyone at GM takes 48 hrs to do everything. 
Sounds like you qualify for lemon law so all the leverage is on your side. Just know if you do a buyback and get another Silverado it might leak too.

Just opened my case with GM Customer Care. Senior Advisor is being assigned. The dealer wanted me to go this route so the dealer can raise hell on my behalf with GM. At what point should I contact Barry Engle? Now or wait until I get the first Customer Care offer which I am expecting will not be enough to satisfy my concerns? If they refuse to buy back my truck now, which they are in their right to refuse at this point, then I at least want the factory warranty doubled and special provisions on corrosion of any internal component and the rear window frame for the same period. 5 year 60k miles is enough to give me some piece of mind but I'd prefer 6 yrs 75k miles. And if/when I reach the point of lemon then its a different conversation. I'm at 6 individual RO issues and 9 days out of service as of now - should be 16 but I needed the truck to go skiing over New Years and it wasn't leaking then just waiting for the vents. I can see them claiming the headliner, video processor, window and spoiler are all one issue though even though they are listed as separate ROs. 

Has anyone received anything worthwhile from GM before lemon kicks in?

Edited by OhioSpartan

Just opened my case with GM Customer Care. Senior Advisor is being assigned. The dealer wanted me to go this route so the dealer can raise hell on my behalf with GM. At what point should I contact Barry Engle? Now or wait until I get the first Customer Care offer which I am expecting will not be enough to satisfy my concerns? If they refuse to buy back my truck now, which they are in their right to refuse at this point, then I at least want the factory warranty doubled and special provisions on corrosion of any internal component and the rear window frame for the same period. 5 year 60k miles is enough to give me some piece of mind but I'd prefer 6 yrs 75k miles. And if/when I reach the point of lemon then its a different conversation. I'm at 6 individual RO issues and 9 days out of service as of now - should be 16 but I needed the truck to go skiing over New Years and it wasn't leaking then just waiting for the vents. I can see them claiming the headliner, video processor, window and spoiler are all one issue though even though they are listed as separate ROs. 

Has anyone received anything worthwhile from GM before lemon kicks in?
5 years 100k miles is the longest warranty GM offers. You are wasting your time with the 1800 folks. All they do is send an email to the dealer and try to diffuse your anger. I probably had 30 phone calls with them on my 19 and they were sympathetic but don't really have power to do anything. You also don't have much leverage in the situation until your truck qualifies for lemon law. Their duty is to repair. You are not entitled to anything in their eyes.

Good luck. My dealer got me 5yr-60k Miles. The 1800 crowd just restated my gripes and said they have no new information (even though when all of this started they said they could rush parts and such) and understand my frustration and offer compensation after the vehicle is repaired but can’t tell you what said compensation is. They did ask if I financed through the dealer and I asked them why. She told me they can make a payment for me when my truck is in the shop for x amount of days. I told her I’ve only made 1 payment to date she could pay it for me(I payed the truck in full but she didn’t know that yet). After all was said there was nothing she could do and for some reason could t contact the dealership? Claimed no answer? They answer every time I call them.

Anyhow time to get off of my soapbox. Good luck to you and your endeavors with GM.