Rear window leak

Demon

Just checked back with this thread. I’ve talked to my GM senior customer service rep for hopefully the last time. This lady has promised me that she can rush parts and help with the process but she doesn’t even understand which window is leaking. I spoke to her supervisor for the second time today. They told me my truck is too new for a buyback and that is not an option. They didn’t know when parts would ship. They keep blaming the strike on my truck not getting a window repaired. I asked them how many trucks were coming off the line without headliners and rear windows. They did not know because they are a call center and can’t see anything being made so they say. They’ve also promised me compensation for all of my lost time with the truck and the cost associated with it. So I have missed most of the eastern NC deer hunting season with my 10yr old son this year because of this and the loaners I’ve been given. By now I’ve would normally have 6 deer in the freezer. I have about half of one left that I shot before I bought the truck at the average price of beef around here I’m looking to spend $1,344 on food that I should have shot and put up myself but couldn’t. Can’t tow with the loaner, can’t take parts or do any type of diagnostic work without tools or a way to handle parts at work so I’ve basically spent a lot of time in the office, no telling what that’s cost me. We went skiing this past week at Snowshoe WV and it was awesome but the roads on the mountain were sketchy on the way down after the 4-5” of snow that fell ontop of the freezing rain and sleet that started on Saturday. Think of roads looking like a glazed doughnut. Well yesterday my wife’s Chevy traverse we took to the mountains started shifting real hard and clunky from 2-3 and back 3-2 when downshifting tearing upon That’s Transmision will cost me $3k.  Can’t tow the boat and take advantage of speckled trout bite that’s been hot all fall. I asked her how was GM planning on compensating next for all of these losses. Of course she gave the Pelosi answer of “we'll have to Wait for the repair to be completed before we see compensation they can offer”. They have finally come to the Conclusion they can’t help me and that someone higher up will call me within 48hrs. I also called my dealership manager and told him that enough was enough. I was tired of the waiting and stalling. He said they are being held up by GM. He’s going to o personally request a buyback for me. Let’s see how this turns out.  He thought he would have some news by this evening.  

I dropped off my 2019 SILVERADO LT at the dealer today to repair the rear window leak.  When my service tech entered my truck information into his computer he laughed and said "Looks like I'm going to have your truck for a long time."  He said that there are 4 recalls on my truck and he needs to fix them all.  One is for the seat belt pretensioner, one is for brakes, I forget the third one, but the fourth one, which is new (Dec 19), is rust on the rear bumper.  WTF??  Brand new trucks already experiencing rust on the rear bumper?  I'm speechless.  And I just thought I had to worry about a water leak...silly me!  I will provide an update once I'm told my water leak is repaired.  Fingers crossed their repair works.

3 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Oh well so much for thinking the Vitro windows didn't leak.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Your the first leaking Vitro. That makes me think it IS a flex issue. 
???

welp, back to worrying about a leak everytime it rains. 

Edited by mistaare
Added content

Was told today they can't find where the leak is coming from and headliners are on backorder. How long before they want my loaner Silverado back while I wait. Btw this loaner without the sliding window isnt leaking @ 5k miles. What are the chances of getting my truck back before 30 days are up

26 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Oh well so much for thinking the Vitro windows didn't leak.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

At first I thought that would be the case. But unfortunately I didn’t have to dig too far to find a leaking VITRO. Photos of one at the top of page 59 here, and at least one I saw on FB. Was going to post it but the forum was down for quite awhile.

As far as I see it...GM made a scapegoat of FUYAO to deflect from their own flawed design.

The fact that they are still using the supplier they initially blamed for the problems (FUYAO), coupled with the fact that the windows from VITRO also leak...yeah, that tells me everything I need to know. Problem goes a little deeper. 

• Sad 2

Just bought my 2019 LT trail boss a month ago and just passed over 1k miles. Rained this morning and saw it leaking before I went to work. Had to throw a towel back there to prevent any damage through out the day as it’s pouring all day. Scheduled service next week now.. not looking forward to it.

000f699fc527def2320ac05671688d1b.jpg
2bb4d93a4084e2038431265feed6cb88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it in yesterday for the rear window leak, and for the brake recall and battery cable recall. I discussed the options with my service manager and they automatically said they don’t put any caulk or resin to attempt to patch the leak. That they replace the seal and if that doesn’t work then the window is replaced. So they had to keep it over night to ensure everything dried per the phone call yesterday evening. He did not say if the headliner had to be cleaned, but he sounded like they were going to be thorough in checking and cleaning it if needed. And they were going to check it for leaks before i could pick it up. I do have a 2020 loaner from the dealer luckily so I can’t complain at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about getting some water testing strips to tape up under the upper track lips so I don't have to inspect immediately after each rain storm, car wash, or morning condensation just to see if there are new drips. These would change color and be easy to inspect especially if the couple drips dry up before they are noticed. Anyone else think about this?

42 minutes ago, UGADawgs said:

I was thinking about getting some water testing strips to tape up under the upper track lips so I don't have to inspect immediately after each rain storm, car wash, or morning condensation just to see if there are new drips. 

Where can u get these?

Just thought of something and did a quick search online for Vitro window for my truck to see if any are available online.  This is the exact same window by the number that is in my truck but the window on amazon shows its for a 2014-2018 truck.  If this is the same window they put in for the last 6 years then its definitely not the windows or the window manufacturer its got to be an excessive body flex issue.  

https://www.amazon.com/CMX-Vitro-2014-2018-2015-2018-Sliding-Replacement/dp/B07BHV8TN4