Rear window leak

Demon

Root cause on this thing would be really interesting. Judging from the fact that most of the fixes don’t seem to be working my guess is that they are fixing a symptom not a cause.

With probably close to a million of these things on the street this thread would likely be a 10 times larger if it was around a 1% failure rate (around 10,000 defective trucks). 

I bet we never get a definitive answer on the true cause. 

Btw I have a 08/19 born on date with a sticker that says ft. Wayne build.  Fuyao window with no leak so far....

Well I am going to see if I can get my advisor to verify what make model is on my 8/19 build 2020 before they yank the window out this morning to replace it. It is possible we are dealing with two window models that are both made by two different manufacturers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Well I am going to see if I can get my advisor to verify what make model is on my 8/19 build 2020 before they yank the window out this morning to replace it. It is possible we are dealing with two window models that are both made by two different manufacturers.

Curious to know that as well...

keep us posted

So my 2019 Ft. Wayne 8/2018 build leaker was FUYAO with 43R-0115130 under the name.

My 2020 Ft. Wayne 8/2019 build leaker was FUYAO 43R-000072 under the name.

I searched those numbers and it came up with results for BMW so I think those numbers under the FUYAO might be something else like the manufacturer facility rather than a model number for the window.

Just for reference, my 2018 (K2 build of 11/18) has the VITRO stamp.  Maybe the switch over to FUYAO for the new T1's is part of the issue along with body flexing as has been mentioned.  

I got mine back from the dealer (for the first, and hopefully last time). They removed the spoiler and seam sealed the top of the window. After 24 hours at the dealer (well 24 hours after it was sealed up) the dealer tested and no leaks. Only thing noticeable was 1 small strand of what looked like hot glue inside the truck. I removed that no problem. I'm not planning a test myself, as mother nature is supposed to dump 4-6 inches of rain over the next few days... I'm hoping to be in the minority here, and to have round 1 fix the issue!

38 minutes ago, jgisonfire said:

I got mine back from the dealer (for the first, and hopefully last time). They removed the spoiler and seam sealed the top of the window. After 24 hours at the dealer (well 24 hours after it was sealed up) the dealer tested and no leaks. Only thing noticeable was 1 small strand of what looked like hot glue inside the truck. I removed that no problem. I'm not planning a test myself, as mother nature is supposed to dump 4-6 inches of rain over the next few days... I'm hoping to be in the minority here, and to have round 1 fix the issue!

You might be okay. My first caulk job is still holding up just fine 5 months later. I’ll stop short of saying it can be caulked correctly, because nobody thinks caulk is the correct solution in the first place. But at least I think there is a method to do the wrong thing the right way and not have a leak return.