Rear window leak

Demon

14 hours ago, JohnCasey said:

Class action suits just enrich lawyers. I don’t want enrichment I want a non leaking truck. Shouldn’t be that hard to produce for the $50,330.85 I spent. 

I agree. I just want to confidence that my truck is going to be able to stop, that my window won’t leak, that if these issues arise THEY CAN BE FIXED. I never had to think about any of these issues with my Taco. NOT to bash my AT4, I absolutely love it. I only have the 5.3 and love the power, love how it tows, the mpg etc...

Edited by mistaare
Grammer

On 1/10/2020 at 11:09 AM, OhioSpartan said:

They installed new cabin pressure valves as the originals were not seated correctly.

Did yours pop out completely like mine did?  (Video here: )

How long did you have to wait for yours to come in?  While my glass came in remarkably quick, I am still waiting for the vents to come in!

26 minutes ago, SeTex said:

Update: Just got my truck back from the dealer. Looks like they performed the repair per the TSB.  No shotty sealant job on mine.

15AD3129-6554-42E1-8829-38C04103467C.jpeg

They may have done it neatly which is good. But caulking over a cracked window frame with seam sealer is shoddy in my book, no matter what...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, n8huntsman said:

Did yours pop out completely like mine did?  (Video here: )

How long did you have to wait for yours to come in?  While my glass came in remarkably quick, I am still waiting for the vents to come in!

Dealer ordered mine on Dec 20th and they arrived Dec 30th. They told me the delay was because they had go back to the parys supplier in Lansing.  I don’t think mine popped out, just rattled so bad the window rattled

Got mine back tonight. Window was replaced with the same make and model my 2020 came with from the factory. I was very upfront with my dealer about the bad experience I had before with the glass company and my truck getting scratched and greasy fingerprints. It was obvious they were stressed this had to be done perfect. My truck was detailed inside and it looked like it came off the showroom floor. They washed the outside more on that in a minute.

There was a good sized chip in my paint on the rear rocker from them getting in and out with boots on. Not a big deal should touch up with a drop of paint. That was about it I thought. Then I noticed the middle seatbelt was twisted. Not a big deal. Just need to undo the bolt and untwist it.

Then I ran to the store and it was warm out (42 deg, yeah that's warm here). So I cracked the sunroof and opened the rear slider. Something seemed off. I hit the button for the rear window again and nothing. They must have forgotten to hook up the rear window. So we went through all that and nobody thought hey should I check if this window works before I put it back together? I mean really? So now I have to drop it back off. Hopefully it just isn't connected and will be quick fix. God if they have to install another window...

My truck only has 2000 miles so with early snow, and hunting season I didn't really give the truck a good wash yet or pay much attention because bit was covered in mud. But since my dealer washed it I looked at it in the dark with a flashlight. Granted it is black but what the heck, my truck looks like it was sand blasted. I hand washed it with some soap and it doesn't really come off.. some of it did it I picked at it but not really. The front quarter panels, and bumper have it all over but just a few speckles on the rest of the truck. Any idea? I don't think it's water spots. Almost looks like white paint overspray?35c19ff94fa83ccf105629298ee22345.jpg30141b39a6af25b459e14e8da064b638.jpga875bcb617090e0af70ca146591e6ea4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I can’t believe this issue is still going on. I was one of the first. I was absolutely livid that my $70K 2019 Sierra Denali began leaking at the rear window. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by this defect and the myriad other issues. There’s nothing worse than having a brand new vehicle with problems. I’ll list mine in order:

1. Rear window leak

2. Infotainment glitches

a. Infotainment Climate control intermittent malfunction

b. Can’t find Navigation SD card

c. Blue screen for reverse cam

3. Anti collision braking not working        
4. Brake life indicator counting down too quickly

5. Passenger side mirror not folding in completely

6. Intermittent loss of side view camera image

7.  Slight shaking at highway speeds

8. Driver side front window auto up stops half way and goes back down (really annoying)

9. Passive door locks sometimes don’t work

10. Horn chirp is muted (Sounds soft and weak) when remote arming security system

i think that’s all ?

Oh!...and now none of the driver assist features work after the latest front camera software recall (N192275630) performed by the dealership today. No lane assist, no pedestrian braking, no forward emergency braking.

I love the way this truck looks and how it rides (except for the occasional shaking at highway speed - which is intermittent), but overall disappointed in GM’s quality control. Most of these systems are not new technology so this isn’t first model year issues, with the exception of the rear window leak. 

10 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Got mine back tonight. Window was replaced with the same make and model my 2020 came with from the factory. I was very upfront with my dealer about the bad experience I had before with the glass company and my truck getting scratched and greasy fingerprints. It was obvious they were stressed this had to be done perfect. My truck was detailed inside and it looked like it came off the showroom floor. They washed the outside more on that in a minute.

There was a good sized chip in my paint on the rear rocker from them getting in and out with boots on. Not a big deal should touch up with a drop of paint. That was about it I thought. Then I noticed the middle seatbelt was twisted. Not a big deal. Just need to undo the bolt and untwist it.

Then I ran to the store and it was warm out (42 deg, yeah that's warm here). So I cracked the sunroof and opened the rear slider. Something seemed off. I hit the button for the rear window again and nothing. They must have forgotten to hook up the rear window. So we went through all that and nobody thought hey should I check if this window works before I put it back together? I mean really? So now I have to drop it back off. Hopefully it just isn't connected and will be quick fix. God if they have to install another window...

My truck only has 2000 miles so with early snow, and hunting season I didn't really give the truck a good wash yet or pay much attention because bit was covered in mud. But since my dealer washed it I looked at it in the dark with a flashlight. Granted it is black but what the heck, my truck looks like it was sand blasted. I hand washed it with some soap and it doesn't really come off.. some of it did it I picked at it but not really. The front quarter panels, and bumper have it all over but just a few speckles on the rest of the truck. Any idea? I don't think it's water spots. Almost looks like white paint overspray?35c19ff94fa83ccf105629298ee22345.jpg30141b39a6af25b459e14e8da064b638.jpga875bcb617090e0af70ca146591e6ea4.jpg

Looks like overspray to me. Never seen water spots that small and they generally come off with a wash.

Clay bar should take it off but you’ll likely need a good polishing after. Already see some faint “love marks” in the paint.

Looks like overspray to me. Never seen water spots that small and they generally come off with a wash.

Clay bar should take it off but you’ll likely need a good polishing after. Already see some faint “love marks” in the paint.
Yeah those little scratches were there when I bought it with 100 miles. What would that overspray be from? It's white and my truck is black. It is very dense on quarter panels but oddly just a speck or two on hood, like it happened when hood was up or not on vehicle

31 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Yeah those little scratches were there when I bought it with 100 miles. What would that overspray be from? It's white and my truck is black. It is very dense on quarter panels but oddly just a speck or two on hood, like it happened when hood was up or not on vehicle

Could have been something leaking from a truck and the vehicle in front of you kicked it up, kinda like how wet roads leave a film on the sides of your vehicle but not the hood or roof so much. I agree with OnTheReel, need to clay the truck before the sun cures whatever that is. From your description, sounds like paint. Get a bucket of soapy water (heavy soap) and clay bar (I like to use synthetic clay). Griot’s and Mother’s both make synthetic clay and available at local auto parts store. Do a 12” x 12” section at a time keeping the panel and the clay very soapy. Rinse and repeat until that section is free of the overspray. It usually doesn’t take that much elbow grease, let the clay do the work...don’t press too hard and use up and down, not circular motion. Once finished, wash the entire truck and apply a good coat of wax/polymer sealant. This not only protects the paint, but will make it much easier to remove bugs, tar and future overspray. Good luck. Zaino Brothers website has some great clay bar techniques and advice if you care to check it out. No, I’m not soliciting business, just some good techniques I found on the site a while back.

Could have been something leaking from a truck and the vehicle in front of you kicked it up, kinda like how wet roads leave a film on the sides of your vehicle but not the hood or roof so much. I agree with OnTheReel, need to clay the truck before the sun cures whatever that is. From your description, sounds like paint. Get a bucket of soapy water (heavy soap) and clay bar (I like to use synthetic clay). Griot’s and Mother’s both make synthetic clay and available at local auto parts store. Do a 12” x 12” section at a time keeping the panel and the clay very soapy. Rinse and repeat until that section is free of the overspray. It usually doesn’t take that much elbow grease, let the clay do the work...don’t press too hard and use up and down, not circular motion. Once finished, wash the entire truck and apply a good coat of wax/polymer sealant. This not only protects the paint, but will make it much easier to remove bugs, tar and future overspray. Good luck. Zaino Brothers website has some great clay bar techniques and advice if you care to check it out. No, I’m not soliciting business, just some good techniques I found on the site a while back.
Thanks for all the great tips. Unfortunately the high forecast for Friday here is 19 degrees. It going to have to wait a while

I can’t believe this issue is still going on. I was one of the first. I was absolutely livid that my $70K 2019 Sierra Denali began leaking at the rear window. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by this defect and the myriad other issues. There’s nothing worse than having a brand new vehicle with problems. I’ll list mine in order:
1. Rear window leak
2. Infotainment glitches
     a. Infotainment Climate control intermittent malfunction
     b. Can’t find Navigation SD card
     c. Blue screen for reverse cam
3. Anti collision braking not working        
4. Brake life indicator counting down too quickly
5. Passenger side mirror not folding in completely
6. Intermittent loss of side view camera image
7.  Slight shaking at highway speeds
8. Driver side front window auto up stops half way and goes back down (really annoying)
9. Passive door locks sometimes don’t work
10. Horn chirp is muted (Sounds soft and weak) when remote arming security system

i think that’s all [emoji848]

Oh!...and now none of the driver assist features work after the latest front camera software recall (N192275630) performed by the dealership today. No lane assist, no pedestrian braking, no forward emergency braking.

I love the way this truck looks and how it rides (except for the occasional shaking at highway speed - which is intermittent), but overall disappointed in GM’s quality control. Most of these systems are not new technology so this isn’t first model year issues, with the exception of the rear window leak. 

Intermittent highway vibration is usually from a couple tires slightly out of balance rotating enough to finally line up just right and combine forces. I always road force balance tires when I get to about 5,000 miles. Very rarely do they break in and stay balanced perfectly. Tires are great now in terms of comfort and mileage, but they can be a bitch to balance.