Rear window leak

Demon

Just talked to my dealer today, still waiting on new window. Have any of you seen rust under your back seat. I got plenty of surface rust on the rear seat brackets, some on the jack, and oxidation on most of the bolts. What do you think the dealer will say about that.  Mine is a Oct 18 build, but I did not purchase it until Oct. 19. It was probably wet the entire time it sat on the lot. Hard to believe the dealer did not know this. 

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

• Sad 1

I took pictures and videos of the truck before I dropped it off. I also received a 2020 Silverado loaner. Between the pictures and the loaner, I was able to verify the two different glass suppliers on the actual glass. The 2020 had the new supplier glass whereas my 2019 still has the same supplier glass before and after the replacement.

Can you post pictures or otherwise say how everyone else can distinguish the two suppliers? So what marking on the glass are the original supplier and what markings are from the new supplier?

55 minutes ago, PtownVdub said:

FUYAO is what is on my Oct. 2018 Fort Wayne built Silverado. I can't remember or find the picture of the name on the 2020 loaner that I had.

Where is FUYAO located? I have VIRTO in the lower right corner - if u are looking from inside out. I have a cap on the bed so I can’t really get a good picture from the360BFBD5-E85E-4180-B875-EF5A960859A6.jpeg.1344380afc414be6107fd95e1e3904f2.jpeg

how do u rotate pictures?

Edited by mistaare
Can’t rotate pictures

58 minutes ago, Jamie73 said:

Just talked to my dealer today, still waiting on new window. Have any of you seen rust under your back seat. I got plenty of surface rust on the rear seat brackets, some on the jack, and oxidation on most of the bolts. What do you think the dealer will say about that.  Mine is a Oct 18 build, but I did not purchase it until Oct. 19. It was probably wet the entire time it sat on the lot. Hard to believe the dealer did not know this. 

IMG_2645.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

IMG_2643.JPG

You have more corrosion than I do but my 2019 with the recently replaced rear window has corrosion on the seat brackets and jack.

Edited by PtownVdub
full sentences ...

2 hours ago, bamorris2 said:

Can you post pictures or otherwise say how everyone else can distinguish the two suppliers? So what marking on the glass are the original supplier and what markings are from the new supplier?

FUYAO is located on the glass in the same place as VITRO. VITRO was on the 2020 loaner. As I understand it those are the two different glass manufacturers. 

1 hour ago, PtownVdub said:

FUYAO is located on the glass in the same place as VITRO. VITRO was on the 2020 loaner. As I understand it those are the two different glass manufacturers. 

Fuyao and vitro are two different companies. I believe fuyao is based in China but is a global company. Not sure about vitro. Pilkington is another big player in glass and have I believed are based in Finland and have facilities in Ohio. 

My 2019 had a different design replacement window than the early build. The 2020 I have has the same design as the 2019 replacement. I know they were different but I don't know the names. My 2019 buyback had Rusty seat frames. That was part of what pushed me over the edge for a buyback when I said I wanted the seats replaced too.

Next post is lucky #1000 in the rear window saga

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My replacement is a fuyao. Still not sure how I got it so fast compared to some on here. Maybe someone else was waiting for one and they mixed us up? I wouldn’t put anything past them. No leaks yet but I’m thinking I might need to take out the truck and flex it a little. To test the theory I can leak test before and after. It is an at4 after all...