Rear window leak

Demon

I'm going in today to pick mine up after the sealant was applied to the spoiler \ light.  I had a stain in the headliner which I told them twice to make sure it's clean.. They know I have tons of pictures prior etc.  I'm not messing around with any BS on this.   I spent a ton of money on this truck, waited years to get one and I'm not settling with anything less than perfect.   I'll update later with what my results are.  They said they tested it in a car wash twice and the guy sat in the back to check for water and it seems fine.   This will be day 6 they had it.   *crossing my fingers* I'm taking is straight home and putting a hose on it for a while.   

Smitty

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JohnCasey said:

They told me today that headliners are back ordered and they haven’t got any news when they will be available. I’m betting they suddenly find one for my truck after 10:00am tomorrow morning. Today is 58days without the truck the last thirty five days in a little Malibu. 

At 58 days, they should owe you a new truck!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UGADawgs said:

At 58 days, they should owe you a new truck!

If mine takes more than a couple of weeks to fix, I will live on social media telling people my experience.   I can't imagine it taking 58 days!  They can make a new freaking truck in a fraction of that time!  

Besides the window leak and the couple of recall items, I still love this truck!   Anytime you get a first generation ANYTHING you should expect some initial bugs.  I"m fine with that as long as they address the issues and take care of me in a timely fashion.  I'm not doing their bug \ beta testing for nothing!   1st year models should get a 5 year 50k warranty if you ask me.   hahaha

26 minutes ago, Smitty said:

If mine takes more than a couple of weeks to fix, I will live on social media telling people my experience.   I can't imagine it taking 58 days!  They can make a new freaking truck in a fraction of that time!  

Besides the window leak and the couple of recall items, I still love this truck!   Anytime you get a first generation ANYTHING you should expect some initial bugs.  I"m fine with that as long as they address the issues and take care of me in a timely fashion.  I'm not doing their bug \ beta testing for nothing!   1st year models should get a 5 year 50k warranty if you ask me.   hahaha

Lets say you were offered 6 yr/ 100k warranty but you had to wait on a fix for 60 days...would you do it?

I"m sure it's just a coincidence but I thought it was funny. After several calls to my dealership about my rear window replacement, and the service guy telling me he could not tell me when my window would arrive. I decided to call GMC last Friday and open up a case. I got a call from the lady that is handling my case yesterday and she explained to me she had not a chance to review my case and would call me back today. I got a call from the dealership today and guess what? My window has arrived and I have an appointment Monday. Interesting.

Just a follow up on this post. i just got a call from my case manager and she let me know that they had a window for me and the dealer should have it today. So there you go, I guess opening a case got the wheels turning. And now all of a sudden I have a new window to be installed.

Edited by Jamie73

29 minutes ago, Centrebaseball said:

Lets say you were offered 6 yr/ 100k warranty but you had to wait on a fix for 60 days...would you do it?

GM has given me a 5yr 100,000 mile warranty after the first two weeks-which was the first time it was in the shop for the window leak.  They're making trucks everyday  with the parts we need and keep saying they are backordered.  There is no excuse for any delay for this long.  Its 59 days today.  It took an act of God to get the District Manager of Aftersales to call me and after telling me he would keep me informed hasn't called or emailed since and won't answer his phone or return calls. Executive Customer Service has been just as bad.

9 minutes ago, JohnCasey said:

GM has given me a 5yr 100,000 mile warranty after the first two weeks-which was the first time it was in the shop for the window leak.  They're making trucks everyday  with the parts we need and keep saying they are backordered.  There is no excuse for any delay for this long.  Its 59 days today.  It took an act of God to get the District Manager of Aftersales to call me and after telling me he would keep me informed hasn't called or emailed since and won't answer his phone or return calls. Executive Customer Service has been just as bad.

You are preaching to the choir so I get it. Service has been horrible. I just can't figure out if I want to take a warranty offer on a truck I will likely trade in 3-5 years, or if I should push for a new 2020 model and hope I don't lemon twice. But ShamrockShooters story keeps me from going for that option completely 

Other thing that keeps me a bit worried is I'm not certain I can find my fully loaded SLT around here - I had the tech package on the 2019 so it basically had the HD surround vision that an AT4 had minus the front view - do the 2020 SLT have the side mirror camera angles standard or in a package and I'm just missing it?

Edited by Centrebaseball

What good is a warranty when they can't provide the parts. I'm tired of driving a loaner Malibu.  I'm hoping as of now they go ahead and do this as painless and quick as possible. I'm not holding my breath on it though.  They claim it takes them 2 days to call the dealership(which the dealership denies hearing from them) and claiming to call me back.   

1 hour ago, Centrebaseball said:

I'd take the 6\100k and drive their loaner car.  I don't drive my truck on a daily basis so the impact is far less then the guys using them for work.   If I had a loaner truck with this, now your talking!   They aren't going to give everyone a 2020 option, I think that was pure luck, they aren't in the business to give away new trucks and take back old ones.   

5 minutes ago, JohnCasey said:

Smithy my states lemon Law says 20 days out of service. We’ll see what happens. The lemon Law notification is in their mail today. As of about 20 minutes ago they hadn’t signed for it yet. 

Wow that's nice!   Wow I hope you get that deal.  Would they just give you another 2019 or make you pay the difference to a 2020?

This is what it states for AZ per the Attorney General site.. 

There is a limit on the number of times a consumer must allow the manufacturer to repair the car and the amount of time the car can be out of service. If during the covered period, the manufacturer fails to successfully repair the defect after four attempts, or the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days, the manufacturer must accept return of the car or replace the car with a new car.

Edited by Smitty