Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, Centrebaseball said:

Waiting on my second window....apparently the part number has changed again this week.  ?

Wait.. from our bad window to the first new window, they now have a 3rd window for this?   I wonder what changed and if that explains why Shamrock had a problem still on his 2020?   Ugh. 

If you get any info on that new part number can you share please?  

I spoke to my dealer today and the headliner won't be in until late next week from Michigan!   By the time it even arrives i'll be at 11 - 13 days in the shop at that point. 

Thanks,

Smitty

1 hour ago, Smitty said:

Wait.. from our bad window to the first new window, they now have a 3rd window for this?   I wonder what changed and if that explains why Shamrock had a problem still on his 2020?   Ugh. 

If you get any info on that new part number can you share please?  

I spoke to my dealer today and the headliner won't be in until late next week from Michigan!   By the time it even arrives i'll be at 11 - 13 days in the shop at that point. 

Thanks,

Smitty

My dealership and the customer service people just keep telling me they don’t know when the headliner is shipping. 

Picked mine up today.  22 days for the window to come in.  Hopefully this is it.  Part number on paperwork is 84699138

Also shows they reprogramed the ebcm due to the CEL being on after the recall.  The reprogram was under pit5728b

Another rear window leak question... Have a 2020 AT4 5.3 built in Mexico. We have been substantial rain around here weekly and I have been looking for leaks religiously. I have yet to see water or feel any dampness BUT tonight I THINK i noticed a FAINT stain in my rear passenger side headliner. It’s been raining all day, it doesn’t feel wet or damp, so the question is, how noticeable are stains on dark headliner? Have any of you got your windows based just on headliner stains? I know, first I need to determine if it’s actually stained or not, I am just trying to be proactive. Are there many 2020’s have leaked? 

Edited by mistaare
Grammer

3 hours ago, JT19HC said:

Picked mine up today.  22 days for the window to come in.  Hopefully this is it.  Part number on paperwork is 84699138

Also shows they reprogramed the ebcm due to the CEL being on after the recall.  The reprogram was under pit5728b

The new window I got this week has that same part number.

Edited by UGADawgs

Just got a call. I'm on like day 50ish. But they are finally agreeing to replace the back window to fix the sloppy mess they made. Lemon case is still ongoing. The party continues......

42 minutes ago, mistaare said:

Another rear window leak question... Have a 2020 AT4 5.3 built in Mexico. We have been substantial rain around here weekly and I have been looking for leaks religiously. I have yet to see water or feel any dampness BUT tonight I THINK i noticed a FAINT stain in my rear passenger side headliner. It’s been raining all day, it doesn’t feel wet or damp, so the question is, how noticeable are stains on dark headliner? Have any of you got your windows based just on headliner stains? I know, first I need to determine if it’s actually stained or not, I am just trying to be proactive. Are there many 2020’s have leaked? 

My window leaks on both side if there is a chance of rain. it is bad. but my headliner is dry as a bone thank goodness. New window going in Monday.

Updated on the 2018 Fort Wayne Assembly TB.

Dealer attempted to repair fix with 12 dollar bottle of caulk as suggested by GM service bulletin despite me advising not to do so.

In the process, dealer ruined the headliner, broke the interior dome light, and caught the swift hand of my legal team after telling me "I'm not worth it to lose my business". Apologies were soon given after GM called them.

Window ordered in Jan 2020. GM made them send the truck to a body shop closer to me that specializes in insurance repairs and dealer work.

New window installed Jan 31st no leaks. Replacement model was FUYAO 43R - 000072. The exact same one that was in it to begin with. So, we'll have to see if this is a bogus window as well.

As for the trash headliner and interior dome light, dealer and CS supervisor are saying they're on national backorder at the moment but the parts are in queue.

What a helluva car buying experience! They should just market that every Silverado with a rear sliding glass comes stock with a koi pond!

1 hour ago, UGADawgs said:

This was my stock/original window from 2018:

image.png.60eed5d112549f3be424c1d361933fcd.png
image.png.91951af17532b605873320dd644dc2fb.png

This is the new window put in this week:

image.thumb.png.e5a3055118bfe3ddf8d4c0b66edaee97.png

I'm not sure what all the numbers mean, but seeing quite a few number changes.

Looks like we received the same model man.

Also, I'm from GA too brotha! #GODAWGS

The first section, “43R”, indicates the part conforms to  European standard of safety regulation number 43. The set of numbers that follows, “000072, is the approval number assigned to the part.

So my assumption is this is a new batch of windows -- I may be mistaken though.

Edited by warhawk89
Additional info
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 10:02 AM, Smitty said:

You have a leak in your expensive new truck that's not going to just get better.   I've taken all of my cars for years through car washes an rain and they never leaked.   It's your truck but man... i'd get that repaired before your warranty runs out for sure. 

So I took it through the car wash last night after work and I made a point to turn around and look carefully as the water was rinsing over the truck. It was leaking in both corners pretty badly.  I have an appointment for Monday morning, to take care of the brake module reprogramming recall and now this.  Ughhh!

7 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

This was my stock/original window from 2018:

image.png.60eed5d112549f3be424c1d361933fcd.png
image.png.91951af17532b605873320dd644dc2fb.png

This is the new window put in this week:

image.thumb.png.e5a3055118bfe3ddf8d4c0b66edaee97.png

I'm not sure what all the numbers mean, but seeing quite a few number changes.

Is it fair to say it is the less than stellar plastic used by the rear window manufacturer that's cracking and thus causing the leaks?  I saw the picture posted here earlier of the cab design where it slops down behind the spoiler and onto the top fo the rear window frame.  I know some say it is a bad cab design.  And I get GM has say in the quality of the plastic being used on the frame, so GM is accountable.  Just asking the question to better understand the physical fault point.  

Got my truck back and it doesn’t appear to be leaking even with a pressure washer. On the bright side (sarcasm) I asked them to balance the wheels + tires because I had a hint of vibration and they damaged 3 out of 4 wheels and the balance is worse than when I took it in. So they’ll be replacing wheels next week. On top of that they “washed” the truck before I picked it up and looks like they washed the piano black trim between the windows with rocks.

Absolutely astounded by the incompetence of of these dealers.

Lots of GM’s in my past but this will be my last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk