Rear window leak

Demon

You guys are getting the opposite treatment that I’ve been getting. I got customer service people that claim the dealership won’t answer the phone and tell me they have no idea when parts are coming and can’t tell me what parts have been ordered. Today is day 61 without the truck. The signed for my overnighted letter yesterday. They have told me that in no way is this truck going to be bought back. Because they don’t have the parts.  The funny thing is I’m on here and on the Facebook group and there are people on both places that got new windows and headliners installed within three weeks instead of two months- and it still hasn’t been fixed. I’ve put twice as many miles on their loaner than I have on my actual truck.  And I have t heard from GM about my lemon Law letter yet.  

Edited by JohnCasey
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JohnCasey said:

You guys are getting the opposite treatment that I’ve been getting. I got customer service people that claim the dealership won’t answer the phone and tell me they have no idea when parts are coming and can’t tell me what parts have been ordered. Today is day 61 without the truck. The signed for my overnighted letter yesterday. They have told me that in no way is this truck going to be bought back. Because they don’t have the parts.  The funny thing is I’m on here and on the Facebook group and there are people on both places that got new windows and headliners installed within three weeks instead of two months- and it still hasn’t been fixed. I’ve put twice as many miles on their loaner than I have on my actual truck.  And I have t heard from GM about my lemon Law letter yet.  

I called Saturday Jan 25th to make the appt for Monday Jan 27th and then dropped it off Monday Jan 27th. They replaced the window the next day Tues Jan 28th. They said they had a window in stock and ready to go.

You'd think your dealer could call around and get the part(s) from another dealer that has them in stock.

I took mine in a couple of weeks ago for the sealant job. They claimed to have "detailed the headliner twice" but it was still stained. I took it back Saturday and they gave me a loaner so they could attempt to clean the headliner again, but I got a call Tuesday saying they had ordered me a new headliner but it was on a national backorder. I got called today by the dealer trying to schedule to have it put in. So I'm dropping it off Saturday and they're replacing the headliner. Apparently to replace it, it requires removal of the windshield. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JohnCasey said:

Consult with a Lemon Law Lawyer in your state.

I notice a few drops on the top of the rear seat when going through car washes.  I hasn't seemed to get down to the carpet though.  I attribute it to the high volume and pressure of the car wash and the air dry.  I will keep an eye on it when we get heavy rains this spring and summer.  So far it's been no big deal.

8 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

Anyone had their rear window caulked and truck returned to them on the same day?

I picked mine up twice and dropped it off same day they said it was fixed after the caulking but I dont think that’s what your asking.  It took the dealership two weeks to get the caulk and apply it the first time. The second time it took them only three days to get the caulk and caulk it.  As I’m typing right now I’m thinking they probably just used the leftovers from the first time. 

Dropped my off this Monday and I'm suppose to be picking my truck up this afternoon(Friday). They had to replace the rear window which they called and told me they received Thursday afternoon. They're still waiting on the head liner though.

17 hours ago, Dymondan said:

I notice a few drops on the top of the rear seat when going through car washes.  I hasn't seemed to get down to the carpet though.  I attribute it to the high volume and pressure of the car wash and the air dry.  I will keep an eye on it when we get heavy rains this spring and summer.  So far it's been no big deal.

You have a leak in your expensive new truck that's not going to just get better.   I've taken all of my cars for years through car washes an rain and they never leaked.   It's your truck but man... i'd get that repaired before your warranty runs out for sure. 

11 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

Anyone had their rear window caulked and truck returned to them on the same day?

They are supposed to keep it 24 hours after caulking to allow it to dry \ set and THEN test again.   Did it seem to stop the leak?

40 minutes ago, Smitty said:

You have a leak in your expensive new truck that's not going to just get better.   I've taken all of my cars for years through car washes an rain and they never leaked.   It's your truck but man... i'd get that repaired before your warranty runs out for sure. 

You're right.  I'll probably have it checked out when I take it in for my first oil change.  It should not be leaking.

• Like 1