Interior

kylant

Now that some of you guys have '19s, how are the interiors? how are they holding up? are they filled with plastic like the previous generation? Do they creak, rattle, make noises?

I have an '18 Denali with 6000 miles on it that I bought brand new in June. The dash and console rattle like crazy, more so when cold. It is all the plastic pieces. It drives me crazy, so much so I am ready to buy a new truck.  My dad's '12 Ram 3500 has no rattles. I really like the new Chevy design and can't wait to see the HD trucks. However, if the interiors are similar to the "old" generation, I will not be buying a GM again. 

Thanks for the info

Edited by kylant

Now that some of you guys have '19s, how are the interiors? how are they holding up? are they filled with plastic like the previous generation? The they creak, rattle, make noises?
I have an '18 Denali with 6000 miles on it that I bought brand new in June. The dash and console rattle like crazy, more so when cold. It is all the plastic pieces. It drives me crazy, so much so I am ready to buy a new truck.  My dad's '12 Ram 3500 has no rattles. I really like the new Chevy design and can't wait to see the HD trucks. However, if the interiors are similar to the "old" generation, I will not be buying a GM again. 
Thanks for the info
I have a 2017 SLT All-Terrain, and have zero rattles or creaking...

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your dash and console are not designed to rattle.  The weather or structural material are not the reasons.  Take your truck in for warranty repair and be persistent until the rattles are eliminated.  I lived for several years in places that were only accessible by many miles of gravel roads.  Vehicles would develop rattles (Rams too) but could be eliminated after repairing the cause of the rattle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

Your dash and console are not designed to rattle.  The weather or structural material are not the reasons.  Take your truck in for warranty repair and be persistent until the rattles are eliminated.  I lived for several years in places that were only accessible by many miles of gravel roads.  Vehicles would develop rattles (Rams too) but could be eliminated after repairing the cause of the rattle.

Haha. You seriously think the best way to get rid of rattles is to take it to a dealer and have somebody start tearing apart the dash. That only induces more rattles.

plastic expands and contracts when cold and then running hot air through it. It’s part of the deal. If you notice it or not is the question. And I notice it because I drive with the radio off most of the time. 

59 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

plastic expands and contracts when cold and then running hot air through it. It’s part of the deal. If you notice it or not is the question. And I notice it because I drive with the radio off most of the time. 

Metal and wood also reacts to hot and cold in a similar manner.  I like a quiet cab as well.  My past three GM's were/are very quiet and rattle free.  I also have no problem with my GM Dealer repairing my truck.  If they get it wrong, you can take it back.  The other solution is to ride around in a noisy truck and complain.  ;-)

Edited by Donstar

2015 SLT, quietest vehicle I have ever owned for rattles and interior noise. Perfectly silent. Our trick with the Class 8's is to fold a piece of paper and start jamming it in places. Once I had this super annoying rattle that took me a month to find, it was a stone rattling ontop of a skid pan underneath when the RPM were low. As Donstar said, there is a cure to every rattle, you just have to find where it is. I don't think buying a new truck is a viable solution to a 6 month old truck that has developed a console rattle, unless money is no concern. They will find and fix it under your B2B warranty...

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

Metal and wood also reacts to hot and cold in a similar manner.  I like a quiet cab as well.  My past three GM's were/are very quiet and rattle free.  I also have no problem with my GM Dealer repairing my truck.  If they get it wrong, you can take it back.  The other solution is to ride around in a noisy truck and complain.  ;-)

You must have the most perfect truck ever built.  Perfect transmission, perfectly silent interior, perfectly seamless AFM.  You should never sell that truck.  Or you just don’t notice what your truck is actually doing underneath you. It’s fine either way, I wasn’t complaining. It is a well known fact that plastic and other interior pieces will creak against each other. I hear it in my dads $200,000 Mercedes and $80,000 Infiniti and $80,000 Audi Q7. Like I said, it’s part of the deal. 

Edited by JacobC1983