2019 Denali...I'm quite disappointed

I took my truck to the dealer for service and used the waiting time to have a look at the new trucks.

They look way better in person than on TV.

But, after taking a closer look, I was stunned by the lack of the fit and finish.

The first two pictures show the gap where the door meets the front fender right above the rocker panel. First the driver side, second is the passenger side.

The next two pics show the the front edge of the hood and the edge of the fender above the head lights.

Driver side - passenger side.

The last two pics show where the hood meets the grill.

Driver side - passenger side.

Again, we're talking about the Denali. Sticker: CAD 79,something + tax.

IMG_7727.JPG

IMG_7728.JPG

IMG_7729.JPG

IMG_7730.JPG

IMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7732.JPG

Edited by j-ten-ner
  • Like 1

Honestly your expecting too much. The trucks all comes down the same assembly line as a RC truck. Just with more bells and whistles. This is not a huge deal imo. There are other things more important gm didn’t do a great job at on the new trucks. And 79k ? Your in Canada I assume ?

• Like 1

Even the most expensive luxury car can have problems. Like, parts don't keep up with their life expectancy. Something you can't really see.

A computer chip is working fine when it passes the quality control but it fails after two months due to a bad soldered point.

But body panels? C'mon!

And where are we going when we can't expect a high quality product, advertised as "We are professional grade" for almost (yes, Canadian) 80,000 Dollars?

I REFUSE to accept this as a quality product what is way above the imaginary border line for luxury cars of $60.000.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 5

I think if people pay 60,000 to 80,000 for a car they expect above average fit and finish . When you jump over to trucks buyers focal point is more about towing and drivetrain configurations and last but not least all the latest bells and whistles. I believe most truck buyers are happy with barely ''average '' fit and finish. 

1 hour ago, Texas Daddy said:

This truck assembly line is months old. These things get worked out over time - dont let anyone tell you buying a first year makeover doesnt matter. All kind of unexpected defects will show up to be corrected at a later build date...

I would hope so but this is not always the case. My 14 and 16 Sierra both had pretty much same issues. Maybe some more TSB but panel gaps ? Trust me gm dosent ink panel gaps are an issue. 

They will get better as production goes forward. Ft. Wayne has always been one of GM's better plants, but if you are that worried I would look at a few more units and not judge the whole line up of trucks based on looking at one truck!

That looks worse than assembly alignment issues. Almost looks like the panels are shaped wrong.

Either way it's disappointing that the factory sent that thing out as acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This truck assembly line is months old. These things get worked out over time - dont let anyone tell you buying a first year makeover doesnt matter. All kind of unexpected defects will show up to be corrected at a later build date...

Why are you making excuses for clearly subpar workmanship?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t buy a first year release for exactly those type of fit and finish problems. But then again, I go through fit and finish with a fine tooth comb before I sign any papers. AND a thorough test drive.
I gotta say, the fit and finish on my 2017 is damn near perfect. I wouldn’t have bought it any other way. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1