2016 Silverado HD 2500 Not Meeting Expectations

Before this truck I had a 2004 2500HD and it was underpowered but operated flawlessly.  My 2016 has been in the shop twice so far under warranty and is beginning to erode my confidence.  It has 16000 miles.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in this truck in the long term.  I attribute this to all of the electronic BS that is being integrated into the new vehicles.  No more GM for me, Mary.......

And then you have people like me..... have 25000 miles, changed out some of the factory chicken shit parts like the Gov lock, the gearing, adding a steering stabilizer etc and have never been back to the dealership once for anything.  My previous 2015 half ton Silverado was a pile of garbage but this 17 2500HD is pretty flawless.  50/50 chance lol.

6.0 gas........First thing was Service 4wd message.....dealer replaced the module and all was well driving home.  The very next time I used the truck was a road trip up north last week and upon startup I get the following messages-service trailer brakes, stabilitrak, ABS light comes on along with Mr Squiggly traction control light.  I suspect an abs sensor which is simple but geeze.....does it ever end?  My old truck never saw the shop in 12 years.  Not putting off good vibes and it's all because of all the nanny shit they keep adding to these vehicles.  When the warranty expires there's going to be lots of warning lights with electrical tape illuminated.

Sorry for your problems.

This is my take on a warranty.

W -  we

A -  are

R -  regulating

R -  repairs

A -  and

N -  not

T -  to

Y -  your liking

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll let you have my 17 Dodge work truck, it has had 4 recalls done this year and I have one that states "Gas tank strap recall, if your gas tank falls off up to 10 years and 100,000 miles bring it in and we will repair it!!!!!  So off you go and if you have problems just bring it back!!!  I'll stay with GM and the worst problem all of the Dodge recalls have been mechanical!!!  :jester:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 11:15 AM, ickyoldman said:

service trailer brakes, stabilitrak, ABS light comes on along with Mr Squiggly traction control light.

I would lay dollars to donuts this, with the low mileage, is the steering input sensor at the base of the steering column. I had the same issue with my wife's '12 suburban but closer to 20K miles. The dealership replaced it free of charge and no questions asked back in '14. No issues since and we are now at 90K+. From what I was told, this is an issue with GM trucks and stabilitrak.

Before this truck I had a 2004 2500HD and it was underpowered but operated flawlessly.  My 2016 has been in the shop twice so far under warranty and is beginning to erode my confidence.  It has 16000 miles.  I just don't have a lot of confidence in this truck in the long term.  I attribute this to all of the electronic BS that is being integrated into the new vehicles.  No more GM for me, Mary.......
You're going to have to revert back to an older truck to get away from the electronics..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would lay dollars to donuts this, with the low mileage, is the steering input sensor at the base of the steering column. I had the same issue with my wife's '12 suburban but closer to 20K miles. The dealership replaced it free of charge and no questions asked back in '14. No issues since and we are now at 90K+. From what I was told, this is an issue with GM trucks and stabilitrak.
Steering sensor for service trailer brake message?
Take it to the dealer and get it fixed for crying out loud!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...