Ironic warning message.

Mozzer

Not sure if there has been an update that would stop the stupidity of the damn message that comes up saying "Warning : taking your eyes of the road is dangerous" or something along those lines, this is just mental.

First time I saw it after owning the truck for a few days I had to read the message while driving as I thought something was wrong.

Surely this message should disappear when you put the truck in gear.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Mozzer said:

Not sure if there has been an update that would stop the stupidity of the damn message that comes up saying "Warning : taking your eyes of the road is dangerous" or something along those lines, this is just mental.

First time I saw it after owning the truck for a few days I had to read the message while driving as I thought something was wrong.

Surely this message should disappear when you put the truck in gear.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

No, I think you have to actually touch the OK button on to screen to agree, to “watch” where you are going. 

I don't read the message every time it appears so it doesn't bother me ;-)    I think soft reminders like this are fine.  If it helps to avoid a more serious incident, it is worth the price of pressing the ok button.

Really a safe message, does one not have to take eyes off road to press the ok button:uhoh: My 15 had this feature and my 19 also has it, doesn't really bother me although I don't think that it is really needed.

Can it be coded out?  I find messages like that annoying and pointless.  I've coded them out on my BMW with NCS Expert and my wife's Audi with VCDS (formerly VAG COM).  Are there any software coding tools for GM's to change body control modules?  It's easy and readily available for the German stuff.

Wonder if it is an internal test.  Put the message on the screen.  Time how long it takes the driver to acknowledge it.  Those who stare at the screen see it quicker and acknowledge.  Those who watch the road leave the message on.  Timed results reported to big brother via Onstar.  (Can you tell I've been watching conspiracy documentaries over Christmas break?)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, djw88 said:

i had a message that said that i need to check front camera it only was on for a second. ummm there is no front camera.

If you have the Forward Collision Alert system, you do. It is located in the cover by your inside review mirror. That is how it senses how close you are to the vehicle ahead of you. When your windshield gets too dirty the message will pop up.

5 hours ago, Foghorn17 said:

Wonder if it is an internal test.  Put the message on the screen.  Time how long it takes the driver to acknowledge it.  Those who stare at the screen see it quicker and acknowledge.  Those who watch the road leave the message on.  Timed results reported to big brother via Onstar.  (Can you tell I've been watching conspiracy documentaries over Christmas break?)

Well sorry guys I F’d up the curve for all of us. I drove home from work 35 miles one time with it on all the way cause I figured it was set to go off at some point without me acknowledging it. Well it didn’t and in fact I had to acknowledge it next day when I started the truck(cause I wanted to change the d@mn radio station). Persistence little booger it is...

22 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Yes

I'm tired of people like you that think you're special.

Oh boy, back to kindergarten again?

The point is that it is certainly unnecessary to show a message to remind you to keep the eyes on the road and then one has to take his eyes off the road to read the message. Kinda pathetic.

And, with more features forced on us, like the start/stop function, we're getting close to have a pre-check list and start flicking switches before take-off, like in a helicopter.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Like 3