GM Smart Phone Apps

5 minutes ago, tgg19 said:

How many of you guys use the smart phone apps from GM? If you do, have you been unable to update the status of the vehicle the last few weeks? 

What apps are you talking about....i have a 2016  silverado....are you talking about the android auto?

12 minutes ago, tgg19 said:

How many of you guys use the smart phone apps from GM? If you do, have you been unable to update the status of the vehicle the last few weeks? 

I have the GM app on my iPhone... Working fine.

You need an active OnStar subscription for the status update. Your 2014 should have come with 5 years' basic which may have just expired.

7 minutes ago, Omar Alvarado said:

What apps are you talking about....i have a 2016  silverado....are you talking about the android auto?

I am talking about myChevrolet or myGMC apps. They are supposed to connect to the vehicles through OnStar to give information about the vehicles.

54 minutes ago, Brummie99 said:

I have the GM app on my iPhone... Working fine.

You need an active OnStar subscription for the status update. Your 2014 should have come with 5 years' basic which may have just expired.

^^^ What he said.

Mine is working fine... and yes, it's not part of the basic 5 year plan.. it's an onstar option.. i have it as part of the protection plan.. currently paying $10/month.. retail is $20 a month... when you call to cancel it, they'll offer you the discounted ...$10 price for 6 months at a time. it includes the vehicle status from your phone. also includes auto crash response, RS assistance, and a few other things...

What year is your truck ? I was told my 18 comes with one month of Onstar free and the Onstar ,GMC ,Chevy app will only work during the trail month . So waiting till after 1/8/19 when my one month trail expire to see if the app remote start, lock , unlock work after 1/8/19 My 14 was under the old free 5 year app usage and will miss it if it’s true about 18 app time frame.

17 hours ago, Borntorun said:

What year is your truck ? I was told my 18 comes with one month of Onstar free and the Onstar ,GMC ,Chevy app will only work during the trail month . So waiting till after 1/8/19 when my one month trail expire to see if the app remote start, lock , unlock work after 1/8/19 My 14 was under the old free 5 year app usage and will miss it if it’s true about 18 app time frame.

Yep. They changed it for the 2018 MY. After the month free, you have to pay. To use the GMC App features you need the minimum remote access plan at $14.99/mo. If you call them, you may be able to negotiate a lower price.

• Thanks 1