Audio Upgrade

Hello i have a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LT non-bose 4.2 inch display and was wondering what audio upgrade options I have. I don't want to swap the head unit as it is too much of a hassle.

Hello i have a 2014 Silverado Crew Cab LT non-bose 4.2 inch display and was wondering what audio upgrade options I have. I don't want to swap the head unit as it is too much of a hassle.
How handy are you? There is 2 plastic 3m mount that go on each side of the radio then a tablet can side in and out. Bluetooth it to factory radio. A little time spent setting up the apps(there are YouTube videos) and it can control all the same stuff. With data or wifi you can do anything.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

How handy are you? There is 2 plastic 3m mount that go on each side of the radio then a tablet can side in and out. Bluetooth it to factory radio. A little time spent setting up the apps(there are YouTube videos) and it can control all the same stuff. With data or wifi you can do anything.

Have a link to the video?

I was think more about the options as far as swapping the doorspeakers and adding an amplifier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no Bose add speakers. Audio control line level to rca to amps.

are the dash speakers wired to the front speakers? if i add an amp would it blow those dash speakers?

are the dash speakers wired to the front speakers? if i add an amp would it blow those dash speakers?

I question if you have dash speakers but no they are sperate on non Bose at least. The will I blow them is all based on power and signal so no one can answer that. But if you are worried just by new ones they are the cheapest ones. My jl dash speakers on Bose amp power scream.

I question if you have dash speakers but no they are sperate on non Bose at least. The will I blow them is all based on power and signal so no one can answer that. But if you are worried just by new ones they are the cheapest ones. My jl dash speakers on Bose amp power scream.

the non bose does have dash speakers but i believe they are wired into the front door speakers

the non bose does have dash speakers but i believe they are wired into the front door speakers

That is hard to believe as they are two different speakers and what would they meter in ohms. There would need to be blockers or crossover in the radio but then they wouldn't be wired together exactly. Guess you will need to pull them and meter.

1 hour ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

That is hard to believe as they are two different speakers and what would they meter in ohms. There would need to be blockers or crossover in the radio but then they wouldn't be wired together exactly. Guess you will need to pull them and meter.

Different signal.  But they do have dash speskers

Different signal.  But they do have dash speskers
I agree on signal but they are not wired to the doors are they. If so what ohm? Run less ohms and you can damage,over heat or destroy radio. To high and th empower is reduced and doesn't sound good.
Maybe just get a component set and wire door power to mid input and dash to tweeter. Max the power available if no aftermarket amp is going to be used.

I agree on signal but they are not wired to the doors are they. If so what ohm? Run less ohms and you can damage,over heat or destroy radio. To high and th empower is reduced and doesn't sound good.
Maybe just get a component set and wire door power to mid input and dash to tweeter. Max the power available if no aftermarket amp is going to be used.

Ohm load wont matterfor speakers on a stock headunit. Most arent under 2ohm wich is fine. Only time you run under1 ohm ks for subwoofers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk