Overheat for GMC Sierra 2018

Hi

I bought new GMC Sierra 1500 and just now I have issue while I’m driving more than 80 m/h the heat gauge show me more than half, and the heat usually half only, one of my friends told me it is because the active grill, should I take my care the dealer or it is normal???

See the photo

IMG_0178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Vehicle overspeed? What in tarnation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

It is your DIC, you can set a speed alert, and when you exceed the speed you get the message. Example, if you have a heavy right foot, set it at, say 75, then when you cruising down the freeway and go over 75, you get the message to slow down.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Joe_ qtr said:

Hi

I bought new GMC Sierra 1500 and just now I have issue while I’m driving more than 80 m/h the heat gauge show me more than half, and the heat usually half only, one of my friends told me it is because the active grill, should I take my care the dealer or it is normal???

See the photo

IMG_0178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe run by a local (big chain) parts store and see if they can hook up a scan tool and compare what it says to what you gauge is showing.

45 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Maybe run by a local (big chain) parts store and see if they can hook up a scan tool and compare what it says to what you gauge is showing.

Yeah, that looks like 221F (if I read that as 105C) which is a tad higher than mine runs...good idea.

5 hours ago, SS502 said:

Yeah, that looks like 221F (if I read that as 105C) which is a tad higher than mine runs...good idea.

We always used the formula (to get close) x2, plus 30. So, I would say around 240, which is pretty damn hot.

6 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

We always used the formula (to get close) x2, plus 30. So, I would say around 240, which is pretty damn hot.

Yeah we used that formula for daily weather when I was overseas...for my conversion here I cheated and used Google...

031E5B4D-B1CF-42D1-801E-032082EDBE95.jpeg

47 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Yeah we used that formula for daily weather when I was overseas...for my conversion here I cheated and used Google...

031E5B4D-B1CF-42D1-801E-032082EDBE95.jpeg

Hmmm, I am going with my conversion, sounds much more dramatic than it really is, like most things on here.....

• Haha 1