Anyone lost brakes besides me.

31 minutes ago, Joe Sargent said:

35 days and counting for me.  Truck still sitting on the lot with no part available (direct from GM to me).  I would encourage everyone who has their truck sitting at a dealership waiting on a part start tweeting and leaving FB messages for GM.  If you tweet use the hastag #gmbrakes and lets see if we can get this thing moving.  We have $50 to $70K plus trucks sitting at dealerships while we drive trucks levels below what we paid for.  Now that GM is about to strike they should have a few parts laying around they don't need!  Getting frustrated after 30+ days without my truck.

Remember tween @GM  @mtbarra @chevytrucks and throw in some news agencies so they can see this issue goes beyond the 2018s.  Also use the hashtag #gmbrakes

Everyone needs to tweet or use Facebook and as Joe said always tag GM, Chevy, Chevy Trucks, Mary Barra all news networks NHTSA which did the recall for the 14-18 models. This brake thing is a serious issue that GM wants to ignore. 

7 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Has the dealership offered to make a payment for you.  If not they should.  It doesn’t come out of the dealerships pocket, they just have to request it from GM. 

It took my dealership 16 days to offer me a truck. I was put in an Encore going from a Silverado Crew RST with 273 miles. They have offer me nothing. 

54 minutes ago, Philip said:

It took my dealership 16 days to offer me a truck. I was put in an Encore going from a Silverado Crew RST with 273 miles. They have offer me nothing. 

Well than you should ask for a payment to be made.  The service Dept/manager  can arrange that.  

9 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Well than you should ask for a payment to be made.  The service Dept/manager  can arrange that.  

I can’t get them to call me back. I last spoke to GM last Friday and they were supposed to call me back on Monday the 16th. Still waiting. Purchasing dealership is out of State about 189 miles away they don’t care. 

E13C379D-D57B-474A-BDD7-46538D11EED7.png

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

I can’t get them to call me back. I last spoke to GM last Friday and they were supposed to call me back on Monday the 16th. Still waiting. Purchasing dealership is out of State about 189 miles away they don’t care. 

E13C379D-D57B-474A-BDD7-46538D11EED7.png

Are you going for a buy back?   If so the dealer will not talk to you anymore.  It’s out of there hands and is handled by legal. 

15 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Are you going for a buy back?   If so the dealer will not talk to you anymore.  It’s out of there hands and is handled by legal. 

Nope never asked for a buy back. Asked for a substitution of collateral which is simply trading out vehicles for one that is safe. When you get all these warnings at 273 miles you’re up the creek plus engine and various other lights. 

292B0213-7D77-4927-AEF1-DD2171C3F38E.jpeg

4891CA63-CA17-45F4-95C6-BCBDC69FE096.jpeg

93A507BA-ED96-43A9-94FD-5390672AD776.jpeg

5DD6D44D-C581-4D6E-9BCE-7BE3758748A3.jpeg

29 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Well I don’t blame you.  The dealership svc dept should arrange a payment to be made.  Insane they won’t even call you back.  

They text about once a week now. The latest text said it’s going to be greater than 8 weeks before they can get parts. It’s already been 4 weeks without my vehicle. 

9 hours ago, Philip said:

They text about once a week now. The latest text said it’s going to be greater than 8 weeks before they can get parts. It’s already been 4 weeks without my vehicle. 

Text them back and "ask" them if they will make a payment on the truck.

2 hours ago, davester said:

why just one payment?  they should keep paying while they have your truck...

I agree just don’t know how long it’s going to be in the shop, 28 days and counting and I purchased 29 days ago. 

My truck is having the same issues at 199 miles and the truck has been in my possession for less than 24 hours gm won’t help at all truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks now and no end in sight and my service manager told me today the parts they need were on back order even before the strike and that’s only gonna hold more things up I have an appt to speak with an attorney tomorrow the gm cac people are advising a buy back for a small 7,000 dollar loss on a truck that I haven’t even put 100 miles on yet gm is a bunch or crooks my first gm truck and I guarantee it’ll be my last 

16 minutes ago, Michaelc607 said:

My truck is having the same issues at 199 miles and the truck has been in my possession for less than 24 hours gm won’t help at all truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks now and no end in sight and my service manager told me today the parts they need were on back order even before the strike and that’s only gonna hold more things up I have an appt to speak with an attorney tomorrow the gm cac people are advising a buy back for a small 7,000 dollar loss on a truck that I haven’t even put 100 miles on yet gm is a bunch or crooks my first gm truck and I guarantee it’ll be my last 

I would call the Attorney General in the State you live in. They can revoke dealership license etc. talking about getting their attention if you have a strong AG.