Anyone lost brakes besides me.

Luckily when it happened we were on a side road - and my husband managed to stop... had a very very small amount of brake to stop at like 25km a hour but if we had been going faster we prob would’ve been seriously injured. We then called roadside assistance.

6 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

If you lost your brakes how did you stop the truck? Did you hit something? Or did you just lose power assist?

I lost power assist and a lot of other sensors at the same time. Luckily I was at the dealership with the salesman in my truck when that happened. The brakes barely worked and you had to press down on the very hard to get the vehicle to stop... I’m just glad I wasn’t on the highway when that happened.

11 hours ago, Audrey said:

We lost our brakes on our new 2019 GMC Denali 1500 - only 3200 km . Just had an update from our dealer  SHAW GMC: Good Morning , just giving you an update on where we are at with your truck. we have had Transport Canada involved as well as 3 GM engineers, we are currently sending and receiving information with the engineers. As things progress i will be keeping you in the loop!

So who knows how long this will take?? I’m assuming if Transport Canada is involved then their is a lot of vehicles.

You should show your dealer this thread since they are working with transport Canada. There are quite a few people that have lost their brakes (power assist).  All they had to do with mine was to reset the computer and a little bit of reprogramming. I’m only at 3000 km but it hasn’t happened since. This happened to me around 1500 K.

1 minute ago, Rod S said:

I lost power assist and a lot of other sensors at the same time. Luckily I was at the dealership with the salesman in my truck when that happened. The brakes barely worked and you had to press down on the very hard to get the vehicle to stop... I’m just glad I wasn’t on the highway when that happened.

Well, I'm very happy you didn't lose your brakes and I'm not saying this isn't a dangerous issue but all these people saying "I lost my brakes" can be very concerning for others and really make people much more nervous than necessary. I had the same issue wile driving down the highway, whie it does surprise you it's not that hard to stop it. Again, this is a dangerous issue but if these truck "Lost" their brakes there would be a recall and not a simple TSB.

• Thanks 1

Leaving a gas station yesterday and my 2019 Silverado with 7500 miles had no brakes.  I could press as hard as I could and it would slow some but it had to roll to a stop.  Luckily I did not roll into the 4 lane highway.   No warning lights or anything.  Had OnStar run a diagnosis and they showed nothing.  Drove slowly to the dealership and they confirmed that the Master cylinder had gone bad.  Was told these are now electronic fly-by-wire systems and GM was having issues.  There are none available for replacement.  Was told it could be a month or longer before I get my truck back.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Joe Sargent said:

Leaving a gas station yesterday and my 2019 Silverado with 7500 miles had no brakes.  I could press as hard as I could and it would slow some but it had to roll to a stop.  Luckily I did not roll into the 4 lane highway.   No warning lights or anything.  Had OnStar run a diagnosis and they showed nothing.  Drove slowly to the dealership and they confirmed that the Master cylinder had gone bad.  Was told these are now electronic fly-by-wire systems and GM was having issues.  There are none available for replacement.  Was told it could be a month or longer before I get my truck back.

Dude, that sucks!  Ugh!

Any indication as to why these are going bad??

I had my first brake issue at under 400 miles, Brake failure, Trailer brake failure, Can't go over 62 mile an hour all came on. Spongy Brakes, turned off the truck for awhile and than just the check engine light was on and the brakes felt fine. I took it into a dealer (I was on the road) and they said they did a system program update and I was good to go, everything was fine until today, my mileage is just under 1200 miles and all the same things happened again. Called the dealership I purchased the truck from and they got me in, they reset and reuploaded the New program and good to go, now in driving back to work I'm stopped at a light and a clicking started in the brake pedal, I pressed down on the brakes and it stopped, the brakes seam fine but now what?????????????. How many wrecks, how many injuries or EVEN worse DEATHS does it take before this issue will be fixed. We spend Thousands of dollars on these new vehicles and than something like this happens, Come on GM get your act together and make this right!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brand new 2019 Silverado 1500 RST, 274 miles bought out of State and drove home and no brakes the following morning. The following Warning were showing up brake system failure, service ESC, service trailer brake system, service brake assist and check engine light was on. Does anyone have suggestions if you have to keep the vehicle or what is going on?  

57 minutes ago, Philip said:

Brand new 2019 Silverado 1500 RST, 274 miles bought out of State and drove home and no brakes the following morning. The following Warning were showing up brake system failure, service ESC, service trailer brake system, service brake assist and check engine light was on. Does anyone have suggestions if you have to keep the vehicle or what is going on?  

Ok, same old question, how did you drive your truck home with “No Brakes”? 

I didn’t drive home with no brakes if you read the following morning was no brakes and all the lights were on. I asked for and answered not a smart response. Please move on if you’re no help. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Ok, same old question, how did you drive your truck home with “No Brakes”? 

I didn’t drive home with no brakes if you read the following morning was no brakes and all the lights were on. I asked for and answered not a smart response. Please move on if you’re no help. 

B331A9C4-74C6-4798-8179-3307EB0289F4.jpeg

E778D7A4-7741-4C78-BCA9-737ABB8DD8CF.jpeg

5C94537B-AA6D-4213-92F1-A5201F0073C4.jpeg

E482713E-03F9-4A8F-A59B-C9861F69F1CE.jpeg

I was not giving a smart response, if you read back you’ll see that I agree this is a serious issue and I’ve had it as well. What I am saying is that people come here to research buying new trucks and new owners come in looking as well and they see “I lost my brakes” they are freaked out. Yes, we have lost power assist, gotten multiple errors on the dash and probably soiled some peoples shorts but you can stop the truck and we haven’t “Lost the brakes” which would mean you cannot stop until you hit something or coasted to a stop. As I’ve said in prior posts I’m in no way downplaying this issue as it is a serious issue but if we “Lost the brakes” there would be a big recall, not a TSB for software update and possibly another part (I forgot forget what it was). You sir have a wonderful day! 

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

I was not giving a smart response, if you read back you’ll see that I agree this is a serious issue and I’ve had it as well. What I am saying is that people come here to research buying new trucks and new owners come in looking as well and they see “I lost my brakes” they are freaked out. Yes, we have lost power assist, gotten multiple errors on the dash and probably soiled some peoples shorts but you can stop the truck and we haven’t “Lost the brakes” which would mean you cannot stop until you hit something or coasted to a stop. As I’ve said in prior posts I’m in no way downplaying this issue as it is a serious issue but if we “Lost the brakes” there would be a big recall, not a TSB for software update and possibly another part (I forgot forget what it was). You sir have a wonderful day! 

So one needs to keep it a secret that the brakes are failing. That’s what you want? Someone should not have to die before it is fixed. Remember the Toyota braking issue? He has every right to voice his opinion and ask for help without you beating on him. 

48 minutes ago, Chevy sad said:

So one needs to keep it a secret that the brakes are failing. That’s what you want? Someone should not have to die before it is fixed. Remember the Toyota braking issue? He has every right to voice his opinion and ask for help without you beating on him. 

Hold on, first off I’m not beating on anybody, I’m sorry if you or anybody else feels that way. What I am doing is trying the clarify an issue many have had and some potential buyers may have. Telling people you lost your brakes when you are actually losing the power assist is a very big difference. Yes I do remember the Toyota issue and they in fact lost their brakes. I have yet to hear anyone in these trucks who have actually lost their brakes, yes, stay below 62 MPH, service brake assist, and all the other messages that go along with it, as I’ve said numerous times it is an issue but mis-leading people to be fearful because they can “lose the brakes” is putting a fear in to people that is unnecessary in my opinion. As you said, he can voice his opinion and we are all here to help and that’s what I’m trying to do. Once again I’m not downplaying the issue at all, just making sure others understand what it actually is. Now sir, enjoy your Raptor, it’s a hell of a truck!  

Edited by eppieguy

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

Hold on, first off I’m not beating on anybody, I’m sorry if you or anybody else feels that way. What I am doing is trying the clarify an issue many have had and some potential buyers may have. Telling people you lost your brakes when you are actually losing the power assist is a very big difference. Yes I do remember the Toyota issue and they in fact lost their brakes. I have yet to hear anyone in these trucks who have actually lost their brakes, yes, stay below 62 MPH, service brake assist, and all the other messages that go along with it, as I’ve said numerous times it is an issue but mis-leading people to be fearful because they can “lose the brakes” is putting a fear in to people that is unnecessary in my opinion. As you said, he can voice his opinion and we are all here to help and that’s what I’m trying to do. Once again I’m not downplaying the issue at all, just making sure others understand what it actually is. Now sir, enjoy your Raptor, it’s a hell of a truck!  

Why is it your so concerned about potential buyers. With all the issues these 50 to 70k trucks are having potential buyers should be freaked out or they could end up like me with a 70k lemon