Anyone lost brakes besides me.

8 minutes ago, Michaelc607 said:

I don’t want to get my dealership in trouble they are more than doing their part they want it fixed and out of their shop as bad as I do gm is the culprit here not my dealership

Everyone needs to call the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration. They are the ones that made GM do the recall on the 3.8 million 14 to 18 models. 

1 hour ago, Michaelc607 said:

My truck is having the same issues at 199 miles and the truck has been in my possession for less than 24 hours gm won’t help at all truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks now and no end in sight and my service manager told me today the parts they need were on back order even before the strike and that’s only gonna hold more things up I have an appt to speak with an attorney tomorrow the gm cac people are advising a buy back for a small 7,000 dollar loss on a truck that I haven’t even put 100 miles on yet gm is a bunch or crooks my first gm truck and I guarantee it’ll be my last 

That is absolutely crazy!  That is like $35 per mile.  Not even equitable.  I wonder if you could go back void your contract since it was returned within most states 72 rescission period. 

I also just lost my brakes on 2019 Silverado RST on 9/20/2019.  Luckily just pulling out gas station.  I was able to drive it to the dealer but no power to brakes, had to press super hard to stop and even then was not fast.  Quickly after GM sent a text message about servicing my ABS and the check engine light came on about servicing the ABS and not driving over 65mph.  Dealer said two recalls on file and one was brake related, go figure.  Very disappointing.  Then I get a loaner and they say I can’t tow my boat with it to go fishing over the weekend, wtf.  Might have to rethink my next truck manufacturer.  

Update: Bought my truck December 2018 and has around 7K miles.

Edited by Tim247

I took the vehicle in because of the brakes recall Tuesday, 17, September 2019.Today is Saturday 21,September, 2019.So today I was driving to work. I was making a left turn onto the ramp. I slowed down then the brakes seemed to not work again. I made the turn and rims rubbing the curb. Narrowly missing other vehicles. Then I saw the anti lock, stabili Trac, info display and the texts on my phone about servicing the brakes and stabilitrack  
"Diagnostic Alert: Service the StabiliTrak stability control system in your 2016 Silverado within 7 days. Txt STOP to cancel." " 
Diagnostic Alert: Service the Antilock Braking System in your 2016 Silverado within 7 days. Txt STOP to cancel." I took it to the dealership and they said I have to pay for a diagnostic and possible repairs. Let's see how it goes. I have the video. 

6 hours ago, Tim247 said:

I also just lost my brakes on 2019 Silverado RST on 9/20/2019.  Luckily just pulling out gas station.  I was able to drive it to the dealer but no power to brakes, had to press super hard to stop and even then was not fast.  Quickly after GM sent a text message about servicing my ABS and the check engine light came on about servicing the ABS and not driving over 65mph.  Dealer said two recalls on file and one was brake related, go figure.  Very disappointing.  Then I get a loaner and they say I can’t tow my boat with it to go fishing over the weekend, wtf.  Might have to rethink my next truck manufacturer.  

Was yours an early build by chance? I checked the TSB for the brakes that people have been posting but it looks like it was issued before my build date so I dunno if it applies to me.

48 minutes ago, batman900 said:

Was yours an early build by chance? I checked the TSB for the brakes that people have been posting but it looks like it was issued before my build date so I dunno if it applies to me.

I don’t know when mine was built I drove it home from the dealership on 9/21 then got in it the next day and haven’t seen it for 30+ days now. GM is acting’s like a butt now. They don’t take any responsibility. They want to put the burden on the dealership. I live in VA but bought mine in WV so I filed a complaint with the WV Attorney General on Friday. I hope that gets their attention. 

36 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don’t know when mine was built I drove it home from the dealership on 9/21 then got in it the next day and haven’t seen it for 30+ days now. GM is acting’s like a butt now. They don’t take any responsibility. They want to put the burden on the dealership. I live in VA but bought mine in WV so I filed a complaint with the WV Attorney General on Friday. I hope that gets their attention. 

Put you vin in the my chevy app and login. It will show you your vehicle's location for free. No subscription needed. That is if the vehicle has power. 

14 minutes ago, Djchris said:

Put you vin in the my chevy app and login. It will show you your vehicle's location for free. No subscription needed. That is if the vehicle has power. 

The vehicle has not been turned in over 20 days it tells me to start the vehicle. Nothing is being done no ETA on part. They were 8 weeks behind before the strike. 

To give everyone an update.  The dealer replaced the master cylinder and brake controller on my truck and returned it to me  Tuesday the 25th which as a result means they had my truck for two weeks while it was waiting on parts.  After driving the truck about 10 miles with the truck Tuesday it lost brake assist and is now back at the dealership with no ETA.  This isn't looking very good from my perspective.  Has anyone else out there had there master cylinder replaced and is still experiencing the same issue?

43 minutes ago, 2019chevyguy said:

To give everyone an update.  The dealer replaced the master cylinder and brake controller on my truck and returned it to me  Tuesday the 25th which as a result means they had my truck for two weeks while it was waiting on parts.  After driving the truck about 10 miles with the truck Tuesday it lost brake assist and is now back at the dealership with no ETA.  This isn't looking very good from my perspective.  Has anyone else out there had there master cylinder replaced and is still experiencing the same issue?

My vehicle has now been in the garage 35 days awaiting a Master Cylinder. They are telling me parts are not available. I’m surprised you got any parts since they are on strike. Evidently they took a Master Cylinder off another faulty vehicle on the lot to try to fix your problem. 

Wish me luck then. I have a 12 hour trip on Saturday (one way only) then back a few days afterwards. Then I’m moving a 9000 lbs travel trailer. I’ve had my brake issue already so I hope it doesn’t repeat itself. 

All they did to fix mine was bleed the brakes a few times and reprogram the computer... 

29 minutes ago, Rod S said:

Wish me luck then. I have a 12 hour trip on Saturday (one way only) then back a few days afterwards. Then I’m moving a 9000 lbs travel trailer. I’ve had my brake issue already so I hope it doesn’t repeat itself. 

All they did to fix mine was bleed the brakes a few times and reprogram the computer... 

Best of luck. I don’t think I would tow anything with those problems. GM is going to have to do something before someone gets killed or runs over someone because they can’t stop. 

Add me to the list of those with a '19 AT4 and "Service Brake Assist" issues. Dealership has been trying to track my failure down since 7/19. Finally, this week, they say that GM wants them to replace the master cylinder. Now, the big wait is for parts especially with the strike going on.

I've had a case open with GM Customer Care for the last few weeks.

6 minutes ago, mistergmc said:

Add me to the list of those with a '19 AT4 and "Service Brake Assist" issues. Dealership has been trying to track my failure down since 7/19. Finally, this week, they say that GM wants them to replace the master cylinder. Now, the big wait is for parts especially with the strike going on.

I've had a case open with GM Customer Care for the last few weeks.

GM customer care is horrible. They read scripts...I finally got someone from the so-called executive office and they said they would not do anything for me. This is horrible get on Twitter and post about them they hate it. My user name is ruenviro we all need to bond together and get this out on social media as much as possible so something can be done. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, Michaelc607 said:

My truck is having the same issues at 199 miles and the truck has been in my possession for less than 24 hours gm won’t help at all truck has been in the shop for 3 weeks now and no end in sight and my service manager told me today the parts they need were on back order even before the strike and that’s only gonna hold more things up I have an appt to speak with an attorney tomorrow the gm cac people are advising a buy back for a small 7,000 dollar loss on a truck that I haven’t even put 100 miles on yet gm is a bunch or crooks my first gm truck and I guarantee it’ll be my last 

The reason for the $7K hit on the value of the truck is because the truck has been registered and is now considered used. So the dealership can't take it back, fix the issue and sell it as a new vehicle, which means they can't use any of the GM rebates or low finance rates. It would have to be sold as a 'used' vehicle at used vehicle finance rates. So the sale price of the truck would have to be low enough so the payments on it (at used vehicle rates) would be lower than a new one, otherwise no one would ever buy it.

That doesn't make it right though. If this is a true 'buying it back" by GM themselves, there shouldn't be any loss for you in that short of time and low miles. If it is a dealer having to take it back and reverse the deal, then the above reason I mentioned would likely apply. I would make sure it is GM themselves buying it back and get 100% back.