Anyone lost brakes besides me.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:34 PM, 1234567 said:

I have a 2020 with 750 miles and This happened to me they said they couldn’t duplicate it I I took the battery cable off and it rebooted it 

Sad to see the 2020 is still having these problems. Also makes me wonder if the dealers throwing parts at the issue are actually doing to resolve it. Curious if everyone waiting weeks and months for said parts could have just pulled the battery cable.

Yes. At 2055 miles my brakes failed completely. We tow a travel trailer and thankfully we were not attached at the time. I managed to coast to a safe stop. We had to wait over 3 weeks before a new master cylinder arrived. The tech was confused because there were multiple part numbers for the master cylinder suggesting the manufacturer is tinkering with the design. You're not alone. Use the BING search engine and type "2019 Silverado BPPS master cylinder" and you will see the problem is wide spread. I contacted the NHTSA and submitted a report of the failure. They acknowledged other complaints and are considering an ODI (Operational Defect Investigation). You should do the same. It only takes a few minutes. 

1 hour ago, Dale V said:

Yes. At 2055 miles my brakes failed completely. We tow a travel trailer and thankfully we were not attached at the time. I managed to coast to a safe stop. We had to wait over 3 weeks before a new master cylinder arrived. The tech was confused because there were multiple part numbers for the master cylinder suggesting the manufacturer is tinkering with the design. You're not alone. Use the BING search engine and type "2019 Silverado BPPS master cylinder" and you will see the problem is wide spread. I contacted the NHTSA and submitted a report of the failure. They acknowledged other complaints and are considering an ODI (Operational Defect Investigation). You should do the same. It only takes a few minutes. 

How many miles have you put on since the fix?

I had my first brake hiccup last night. I was backing out of a parking spot last night and almost hit another parked car because the brakes barely worked. Only issue is that when it happened it doesn't seem to have set a fault code. 

Anyone else have brake issues with no fault? I bring the truck in tomorrow and I'm worried I am going to get the "cant duplicate" run around. 

@ct_corey

I had no lights or codes appear in my dash when it happened to me.  When I first noticed the issue, I turned off my truck and waited about 10 seconds and restarted it and it continued.  I then turned it off and waited 5 minutes and the issue continued.  The next morning everything was working again but I had it towed to the dealer who couldn’t replicate it and they programmed my brake module, said that SHOULD fix it?.
 I read on this thread that after 30 minutes the brakes go back to normal and that has been my experience as well.

I have a 19 AT4 with just under 7k miles. This hasn’t happened to me yet (knock on wood) and I pray to GOD it doesn’t happen. If it does however, is there any sort of emergency brake that can be used? I know we now have the electronic park brake, but I suppose that would be useless in this situation? I miss the simple days of the e-brake pedal you could mash down if needed. 

The actuaries at General Motors have determined it’s more economical for you and your family to die in a horrific car crash and settle the lawsuit out of court.  Issuing a recall for their defective systems would cost hundreds of millions and spread across several vehicle product lines.  

Edited by 1997SierraSLT
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Colossus said:

"Cannot duplicate.  Have a nice day."

Yup pretty much. And they said they cant reset my brake pad wear % because it will default back to 100% and I have 11k for miles on the truck. 

They had no concern that my brakes stopped working. What a joke 

10 hours ago, 1997SierraSLT said:

The actuaries at General Motors have determined it’s more economical for you and your family to die in a horrific car crash and settle the lawsuit out of court.  Issuing a recall for their defective systems would cost hundreds of millions and spread across several vehicle product lines.  

This is horrifying.