Anyone lost brakes besides me.

On 9/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, Joe Sargent said:

Good deal for you!  I checked on mine last week and no part in sight.  Today makes day 21 without my vehicle.  May have to start the lemon process after 30 days.  I am sure they are still pushing trucks out of the plants that have these unavailable parts.  Too bad for us folks that already gave them our money.  At least my dealership taking are of me with a 2019 truck to drive.  It is still not my truck but better than what they put you in.  Good luck.  I will keep updating as I hear something.

Mine has been in the shop for 19 days so far. The dealership called this morning and said it would be 6-8 weeks for the parts to come in. Guess I’m stuck for now. 

Brakes?!?! This is not even funny. GM's quality has been dropping slowly over the last decade and is now at a point where I believe they are completely disconnected from the consumer's satisfaction in value and safety. They continue to go the cheapest route on build and material quality, and only step up when they see Ford and Ram surpass them. My last three Sierras (two 2014 Sierra SLTs and a 2016 Sierra Denali) were all plagued with major vibration and transmission issues that could not be resolved by GM. I took big losses on all three of those vehicles when I got out of them. Resale stunk worse than any other vehicle I've owned. This is very disheartening to see braking issues in this day and age and also sad to see GM's declining focus on quality and safety ?

33 minutes ago, Ten4Lou said:

Brakes?!?! This is not even funny. GM's quality has been dropping slowly over the last decade and is now at a point where I believe they are completely disconnected from the consumer's satisfaction in value and safety. They continue to go the cheapest route on build and material quality, and only step up when they see Ford and Ram surpass them. My last three Sierras (two 2014 Sierra SLTs and a 2016 Sierra Denali) were all plagued with major vibration and transmission issues that could not be resolved by GM. I took big losses on all three of those vehicles when I got out of them. Resale stunk worse than any other vehicle I've owned. This is very disheartening to see braking issues in this day and age and also sad to see GM's declining focus on quality and safety ?

So why do you keep going back to GM?  Fool me once.. fool me twice?  Come on.  Yes it does suck to see GM falling further and further behind even if they are winning those so called awards from JD Powers or whomever. 

15 hours ago, Philip said:

Mine has been in the shop for 19 days so far. The dealership called this morning and said it would be 6-8 weeks for the parts to come in. Guess I’m stuck for now. 

At this time frame I would be starting the process for a lemon and be getting a new vehicle.

Also, just saw this article.  GM is just getting around to recall the last generation of trucks with braking issues.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gm-recalling-3-4-million-trucks-for-brake-issue

Edited by Sjordan

3 hours ago, Colossus said:

So why do you keep going back to GM?  Fool me once.. fool me twice?  Come on.  Yes it does suck to see GM falling further and further behind even if they are winning those so called awards from JD Powers or whomever. 

Well, I’ve always been kind of a loyal person at heart. And most of my family have been GM folks, so it made it a little hard to just give up on GM. But you’re correct and I test drove several 2019 GMC Sierra Denalis and a couple GMC Sierra AT4s last month. Both were severe letdowns on quality, comfort and performance. The interiors were cheap, plasticky and blah and the ride comfort was very disappointing. Walked away from both as I realized GM’s focus for the new 2019 truck designs was “do as little as possible”. Based on GM’s latest announcement to redo their brand new interior tells me that they are only reacting to Ram’s innovative 2019 interior styling and comfort. Even though Ford, Ram and GM all have to deal with issues, especially in a new model year,  over the last decade it appears that Ram has made the best effort at interior comfort and styling...which is important to most SUV and Truck buyers. Especially since most consumers don’t really use their SUVs and Trucks as the rugged off road vehicles they  are capable of. But Brakes?!?!  With the recent GM recall of over 3 million SUV and Trucks for diminishing brake performance from 2015-2018 and now reports of brake failures on the 2019’s.... GM’s focus in the last decade has taken a bad road.

Edited by Ten4Lou

16 hours ago, Philip said:

It has been a month now for me. Still sitting there with no ETA on a part.  I  have to take my current loaner back in because I have put too many miles on it. They have another truck waiting on me.  Dealership has called dealers across the country that show the part in stock.  None will part with it because they have customers they need the parts for.  3 of the dealers said they got deliveries last week... so, maybe the part is flowing slowly now.  My dealership calls daily to see  if there is a part available.  I feel they are doing the best they can.

BTW... talk to your service manager about possible financial incentive if it sits long.  I hear they can do things like that. 

1 hour ago, Sjordan said:

At this time frame I would be starting the process for a lemon and be getting a new vehicle.

Also, just saw this article.  GM is just getting around to recall the last generation of trucks with braking issues.

So, maybe they will recall these 2019s in a couple of years.  I believe they have an issue on their hands with these electronic master cylinders.  In my case there was no warning, no error lights, and I was lucky to get it stopped before running into 4 lanes of traffic.  Someone is going to get hurt.

2 hours ago, Joe Sargent said:

So, maybe they will recall these 2019s in a couple of years.  I believe they have an issue on their hands with these electronic master cylinders.  In my case there was no warning, no error lights, and I was lucky to get it stopped before running into 4 lanes of traffic.  Someone is going to get hurt.

GM just recalls 3.4 million trucks 2014 to 2018 for brake issues.  Wow why did they not recall 2019.  Please call the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 888-327-4236 and file your complaints so we can get the 2019 issues resolved.  

GM just recalls 3.4 million trucks 2014 to 2018 for brake issues.  Wow why did they not recall 2019.  Please call the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration 888-327-4236 and file your complaints so we can get the 2019 issues resolved.  

Don't get all excited about the recall. As of now its just a software update. How that's going to help a mechanical failure makes no sense to me. Cheapest option for GM.  Let people get killed before they need to start fixing the problem correctly. GM is a legit joke. 

On 1/22/2019 at 3:29 AM, Booger T said:

Took to dealer yesterday. Had to leave for a couple of hours, when I got back they said that GM said that the master cylinder and something else needed replaced. Seemed to be some confusion as to when part would be available. It appears that the parts may not be available to fix at this time. Said that they would call me when they knew more. Bad enough that something needs replace already, really sad that when something does need replaced that they don't even have the parts available to do it.

I have a 2019 Silverado Crew Cab z71 4x4 5.3 that is experiencing the same issues.  My truck has 13k miles on it and everything has been great since day one. Although last Sunday I ran to the gas station and everything was pretty typical until I fired the truck up to go home.  I shifted into gear and went to pull back out on to the main road and I had about 5% braking power and could not stop the truck from going into the road nearly missing a another car.  I rounded the corner and made it back into the parking lot where I was able to stop the truck.  I had a blinking check engine light and solid abs light.  After calling OnStar they told me the truck had two codes currently running. C05D2 for the braking system and P25A2 which was a engine transmission code.  I had the truck towed to the dealer,  the dealer said the are replacing the brake controller but unfortunately it is out of stock and they don't know when they will have the part.  The service department is estimating a month or so before they expect the parts and they gave me a courtesy vehicle to drive. Needless to say I understand that manufacturing of anything can have issues, but not to have access to a parts went you know they are building dozens of these trucks everyday is kinda BS.  My dealer is great and they are trying to do everything they can but I am frustrated. I didn't spend damn near 50k to drive a courtesy vehicle.

• Like 1

35 days and counting for me.  Truck still sitting on the lot with no part available (direct from GM to me).  I would encourage everyone who has their truck sitting at a dealership waiting on a part start tweeting and leaving FB messages for GM.  If you tweet use the hastag #gmbrakes and lets see if we can get this thing moving.  We have $50 to $70K plus trucks sitting at dealerships while we drive trucks levels below what we paid for.  Now that GM is about to strike they should have a few parts laying around they don't need!  Getting frustrated after 30+ days without my truck.

Remember tween @GM  @mtbarra @chevytrucks and throw in some news agencies so they can see this issue goes beyond the 2018s.  Also use the hashtag #gmbrakes

7 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

The strike is only hurting things.  The supplier/parts shipping people are on strike too. 

My vehicle has now been in the garage 27 days and each week the dealership texts and tell me it’s going to be over 8more weeks to get parts. I’m going to be lucky to have my vehicle by Christmas and have made 4 payments on it. 

9 minutes ago, Philip said:

My vehicle has now been in the garage 27 days and each week the dealership texts and tell me it’s going to be over 8more weeks to get parts. I’m going to be lucky to have my vehicle by Christmas and have made 4 payments on it. 

Has the dealership offered to make a payment for you.  If not they should.  It doesn’t come out of the dealerships pocket, they just have to request it from GM.