Anyone lost brakes besides me.

24 minutes ago, Pete-Locks said:

that's not true. Once you drive off the lot, it's yours....

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Cooling-Off Rule allows you to cancel a contract when you purchase something at your home or at a location that is not the permanent place of business for the seller. But not all sales can be canceled under this rule. Exemptions include sales that are under $25, goods or services that are not designed for use in the home, sales made by mail or over the phone, a sale that is arranged from prior discussions at the seller's permanent place of business, goods or services needed for an emergency, and repairs to personal property that are solicited by the buyer. 

The Cooling-Off Rule does not cover transactions that involve real estate, securities or insurance, automobiles sold at a temporary location (as long as the seller has a permanent place of business) and arts and crafts sold at fairs

5 minutes ago, Chevy sad said:

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Cooling-Off Rule allows you to cancel a contract when you purchase something at your home or at a location that is not the permanent place of business for the seller. But not all sales can be canceled under this rule. Exemptions include sales that are under $25, goods or services that are not designed for use in the home, sales made by mail or over the phone, a sale that is arranged from prior discussions at the seller's permanent place of business, goods or services needed for an emergency, and repairs to personal property that are solicited by the buyer. 

The Cooling-Off Rule does not cover transactions that involve real estate, securities or insurance, automobiles sold at a temporary location (as long as the seller has a permanent place of business) and arts and crafts sold at fairs

You might have heard there is a federal cooling-off rule for some purchases. There is such a rule, but it is primarily meant to protect consumers from high-pressure door-to-door sales tactics. It explicitly doesn't apply to automobiles. If you signed the sales contract, you own the car. And the law is on the side of the seller. For new cars, your legal rights can be summed up in the one sentence that's posted on the wall of many dealership sales offices: "There is no cooling-off period."

• 2 weeks later...

Mine didn't lose power but it feels like the brakes are stuck and the truck feels heavy. The brake pad life percentage also went down to 15% at only 6500 miles. Even after them having reset it to 100% when I took it in at 3200 miles and 65%. WTF. They drove it and of course , they can't feel anything. I drive this everyday. You don't feel if you drive it around the dealer. Only until you've driven it on a daily basis but it feels like I'm permanently towing something. But anyway, I first took it in at 1100 miles just in case I have to file lemon.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/223508-brake-pads/?tab=comments#comment-2251844

20190619_163109.jpg

On 6/21/2019 at 10:16 AM, Pete-Locks said:

that's not true. Once you drive off the lot, it's yours....

Many dealerships do have a return policy. It's usually within 3 business days or 500 miles. You have to read the fine print. If you did that and your dealer didn't offer one, then yes, you're stuck once you drive off the lot. 

3 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

What does the recall entail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, on my paper work that i received after my visit.

"C** N192210460, Eboost control module software false detection with DTC Associated

Cause: complete per factory instructions

Recall customer request perform factory recall

79513 WGI

......."

Hope this helps anyone in this situation.  

Addition: Right after i received my truck back i had a very hard 2 to 1 downshift, i really thought i got rear ended by a person going 15 mph faster for a quick second.

I do not know if the update had anything to do with it or it was just bad timing. 

Edited by BlancoSilverado

I never lost my brakes but I lost the power assist which was fixed with a software update. Losing your brakes is a real serious issue in which I haven’t seen reported to date. 

This just happened to me as well so I guess they still haven’t fixed the issue. 

The warning lights for brake system failure, service ESC, traction control off, and service trailer brake system came on. 

Thankfully I was already at the dealership dropping off some paperwork. My sales guy was in the truck with me when it happened as he let me use the dealership car wash.

OnStar texted me as well; 

Diagnostic Alert: Service the Antilock Braking System in your 2019 Sierra within 7 days. Txt STOP to cancel or visit my.gm.ca/gm/en/l/blah blah blah

It’s in with the Tech now. 

Not impressed to say the least. I’ve been sitting at the dealership for the past 4 hours and now they say I won’t be getting the truck back today. They’ve reprogrammed it, bled the brakes, bled them again after a test drive and now they say they have to order some parts, a module etc... This is a new build, May 2019ish. These brake issues should have been sorted out by now... Not sure when I’m getting it back...

Well, I did end up getting it back last Friday. They cleared the errors by reprogramming the computer, bled the brakes twice and added new fluid again as stated before but the said they didn’t have to order or install a new module/sensor. When I got it back, it seems to be back to normal. I know they did some testing as they gave it back to me bone dry. Had to find the nearest Costco to fill in back up. Much cheaper for Premium there. ($1.229 vs $1.479 per litre at Shell) For the meantime, it seems to be holding. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list - 2019 Sierra AT4 purchased in January at 7500 miles.  Same as most of you - had the power brake failure but still able to stop - I just had to press harder. Reminded me of my '69 Chevy truck.  Cleared out on next restart.  This happened twice before I could get it to the dealer. 

From my Dealer sheet:

Cause: DTC C0580. Faulty brake master cylinder, refer to doc 4992039. 2441400 Brake master cylinder replacement - with power brake booster and electronic brake control module.

They also did 3 software updates:

Recall - 9104397 N192210560 Engine Calibration Torque Model not accurate

Recall - 9104166 eBoost Control Module Software False Detection with DTC associated - Brake System control module software update

Recall - 9104244 Trailer Integration Module Software Error - (Mar 7, 2019)

Just got it back today - I'll keep you posted of any new failures.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We lost our brakes on our new 2019 GMC Denali 1500 - only 3200 km . Just had an update from our dealer  SHAW GMC: Good Morning , just giving you an update on where we are at with your truck. we have had Transport Canada involved as well as 3 GM engineers, we are currently sending and receiving information with the engineers. As things progress i will be keeping you in the loop!

So who knows how long this will take?? I’m assuming if Transport Canada is involved then their is a lot of vehicles.

11 hours ago, Audrey said:

We lost our brakes on our new 2019 GMC Denali 1500 - only 3200 km . Just had an update from our dealer  SHAW GMC: Good Morning , just giving you an update on where we are at with your truck. we have had Transport Canada involved as well as 3 GM engineers, we are currently sending and receiving information with the engineers. As things progress i will be keeping you in the loop!

So who knows how long this will take?? I’m assuming if Transport Canada is involved then their is a lot of vehicles.

If you lost your brakes how did you stop the truck? Did you hit something? Or did you just lose power assist?