USB C Randomly not picking up my phone.

Anyone having any issues with their USB C. Mine is randomly not connecting to Android Auto but it is charging my phone. I am at a loss on how to fix these issues. It has no problem with the regular USB excepted for I want to use that one for music with a thumb drive if I can ever get it to read one. Thank you for any help that can be offered. 

52 minutes ago, Tano53180 said:

Anyone having any issues with their USB C. Mine is randomly not connecting to Android Auto but it is charging my phone. I am at a loss on how to fix these issues. It has no problem with the regular USB excepted for I want to use that one for music with a thumb drive if I can ever get it to read one. Thank you for any help that can be offered. 

Welcome to the site. Where is USB C located?

45 minutes ago, Tano53180 said:

Front dashboard right under the all the instrument panels. My truck is a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado.

The USB port was bad in my center console on my 16. I just replaced it and never had another problem (only had 1000 miles or so, just did not want to take it in). Don’t be afraid to use your warranty, one of the best things about a new truck. 

5 hours ago, Tano53180 said:

Front dashboard right under the all the instrument panels. My truck is a 2019 Chevrolet Silverado.

5 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

The USB port was bad in my center console on my 16. I just replaced it and never had another problem (only had 1000 miles or so, just did not want to take it in). Don’t be afraid to use your warranty, one of the best things about a new truck. 

On that note, have you tried the USB-C in the storage bin also?  Do you have that on your trim level?

This may sound strange but check the connector on the phone and see if yo have lint build up in it.  You may need to clean it out.  This was an issue with iPhones with their new connector but now it seems Android Phones with USB C connectors are doing the same thing.

The lint prevents the connector from going in all of the way.

Worth a check I'm in IT and we clean out at least one Samsung phone with USB C a week.

6 hours ago, Daverado said:

On that note, have you tried the USB-C in the storage bin also?  Do you have that on your trim level?

I don't have that trim level just the one  USB C in the dash. 

4 hours ago, BigBadSierra said:

This may sound strange but check the connector on the phone and see if yo have lint build up in it.  You may need to clean it out.  This was an issue with iPhones with their new connector but now it seems Android Phones with USB C connectors are doing the same thing.

The lint prevents the connector from going in all of the way.

Worth a check I'm in IT and we clean out at least one Samsung phone with USB C a week.

I thought it was that too so I cleaned it out and got a new cord but still randomly connected only when it wants to.

3 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

What type phone? Did you try a different phone?

Galaxy S9+

4 hours ago, Tano53180 said:

I don't have that trim level just the one  USB C in the dash. 

I thought it was that too so I cleaned it out and got a new cord but still randomly connected only when it wants to.

Galaxy S9+

I received an update yesterday. After the update, when I was driving back home, my USB flash drive was playing music, and my FM radio was playing at the same time ?

For over an hour drive it made me crazy. Only XM radio didn't join the party ?. Overnight, everything came back to normal. I didn't have any issue today morning. You may receive the new update pretty soon. 

On 1/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, AMPRG said:

I received an update yesterday. After the update, when I was driving back home, my USB flash drive was playing music, and my FM radio was playing at the same time ?

For over an hour drive it made me crazy. Only XM radio didn't join the party ?. Overnight, everything came back to normal. I didn't have any issue today morning. You may receive the new update pretty soon. 

Happened to me last night too.  The Radio was playing in the background with any other source as well.  I tried turning it off and back on and it didnt correct it.  I let it sit for 30 minutes and it cleared itself.  I love this truck, but the damn software bugs are driving me crazy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, Tano53180 said:

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I ended up contacting the dealership and they set me up for an appointment on Thursday. 

Did the dealership fix this?

I have the same issue.