New tire pressure for retired 07 2500 Silverado Work Truck

UtopiaTX

I have a 2007 new body style Silverado 2500 4WD "work truck" model. It has a crew cab and 6' bed. It has 62,000 miles and is in close to mint condition because I'm OCD so I plan to keep it. I used to haul heavy trailer loads. Now I am retired and the heaviest is a couple bags of deer feed. I live in south Texas so snow isn't a factor, but I travel to Wisconsin often and snow is a factor there.

The original tires were 245/75R16 load range E. I upgraded to 265/75R16. The wheels are  the original 16 x 7.  I run off road tires because I live in dirt and mud country. Front tire pressure according to sticker should be 50psi, rear 80psi.

Question 1: It's time for new tires. I'm staying with 265/75R16 load range E, but I don't think I need 80psi in the rear. By the same token I think 50 is too low in the front. I usually run 55-60 in the front and 70-75 in the rear. The TPMS lights up when the rear gets much below 70. I rotate the tires every 5000 miles give or take. They wear more in the middle. I think that is because I run too high a pressure in the rear for most of my driving. Does anyone have a recommendation for front and rear tire pressure?

Question 2: When I shop for 16 x 8 wheels, I get a flag saying "not for this model" because it has a WT (work truck) designation. Is the 8 lug spacing different on the WT model?

Edited by UtopiaTX
clarification

1. For an empty 2500 gasser, I like to run 55-60 psi in the front, and 50-55 psi in the rear. A Duramax will need more pressure in the front, because the diesel engine is much heavier. Like you've already noticed, running over 70 psi in the rear will make the center of the tire wear faster if you're unloaded (and make the ride more harsh too). My TPMS freaks out, but I've gotten used to the light on the dash....and my truck rides nice and the tires are wearing nice and even, haha. 

2. All 2010 and older GM 2500 8 lug trucks are the 8x6.5 bolt pattern, including the work trucks. There were some mid 1990's light duty 2500's that had 6 lug wheels....and the 2011+ HD's went to a 8x180 pattern....but you won't have to worry about that. Any 8x6.5 wheel will work, and you'll want a positive offset if you plan to keep the tires tucked inside the fenders.