Trailer TPMS

I love 'em. My last POS amazon ones did not even wince when my hubs caught fire, luckily the guy driving next to me did. These appear to be much more reliable.

I did purchase the TPMS tool that was suggested in a forum to pair them (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BK693N/). Was a piece of cake.

Edited by javadreamsHD

GM's trailer tire sensors can be 'taught' without using the tool -- but the tool are available for about $20, and  (imo) makes the job easier.

Bonus for the tool will also make it possible to rotate trucks tires (or change winter/summers) without having to take it to get the vehicle sensor locations re-taught. 

Everyone that orders a truck should order a set of trailer sensors with it. 

Much cheaper that way. 

If not wanting them probably know someone that does ad would be willing to deal. 

Max that can be ordered is a set of 4, even though the system can monitor 6 at a time, and can be set up for multiple trailers.

Some with multiple trailer would not doubt appreciate being able to buy more at the option price instead of the accessory price.

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, javadreamsHD said:

I love 'em. My last POS amazon ones did not even wince when my hubs caught fire, luckily the guy driving next to me did. These appear to be much more reliable.

I did purchase the TPMS tool that was suggested in a forum to pair them (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BK693N/). Was a piece of cake.

Did you have any problem mounting valve stem to trailer rim? i.e. stem diameter.

I just had mine installed on my trailer wheels last week. I had a hard time getting the sensors to wake up using the tool. The left front sensor wouldnt wake up so I couldnt move to the rest of them. I tried starting with the left rear and it worked fine. 

I ended up just using the pressure drop method (about 10 psi) and they woke up correctly. I am looking forward to having a good TPMS system on the trailer. It came with a Tirelinc system on it that was a complete turd and never worked properly. Thats system is a nightmare and I cant believe they still sell them. 

The GM sensors are a great deal. Like was mentioned above, Even if I didnt want them I would have ordered a set for the $50 that GM charges. 

I stumbled across this thread and I must say I hadn't heard about getting trailer sensors that work with the truck.  Can someone give me more info on this?  What is required for these to work?  I've not seen any option on the display of my 22' Custom for additional sensors.  Wondering if Custom doesn't have that feature?

8 hours ago, Sonders said:

I stumbled across this thread and I must say I hadn't heard about getting trailer sensors that work with the truck.  Can someone give me more info on this?  What is required for these to work?  I've not seen any option on the display of my 22' Custom for additional sensors.  Wondering if Custom doesn't have that feature?

I have a 22 Custom as well and I don't think it does.  I could be wrong but from my research it doesn't.  For our camper I went with the TST 507 system that I love.  I bet those who have it have a higher model trim than the Custom.

16 hours ago, Sonders said:

Do you have the "trailering" app on your infotainment screen?

On 6/10/2023 at 11:24 AM, Taker1608 said:

yes i do.

I don't on my custom model.  Just a trailer light app that is really cool.  I love being able to check the lights on my camper just by pressing on that app.  So cool.

Edited by Jettech1

No, doesn’t appear to have a trailering app.  Guess that’s a no go on the oem tpms sensors.  I’ve been looking at aftermarket systems.  Guess I’ll go with one of those.

17 hours ago, Sonders said:

No, doesn’t appear to have a trailering app.  Guess that’s a no go on the oem tpms sensors.  I’ve been looking at aftermarket systems.  Guess I’ll go with one of those.

Let us know what you choose. I'm looking as well.