Correct TPMS Sensors

Just for the benefit of others since I couldn't find the exact part number on the forum and one part number I did find here were sensors that didn't work. The correct TPMS Sensors for the refreshed 1500 is gm 31533166.20220624_181030.thumb.jpg.7736a6eb0494401dc59c1ec556e4afb0.jpg20220624_181007.thumb.jpg.da6d3fd1f6e373e64344d3c84acc0931.jpg

Any 433mhz sensors will work. Previous gen trucks were 315mhz. Annoyed me because the stupid tire shop destroyed my tires when I took new sensors to them to put in the aftermarket wheels and tires I had on my 08 Avalanche. Not to mention they scraped my new wheels all up. You can purchase dual frequency sensors that will pair with either. A cheap $10 tool from ebay or Amazon will work to pair them to your truck once you put it in pairing mode as described in the owners manual.

1 hour ago, GETGONE said:

Any 433mhz sensors will work. Previous gen trucks were 315mhz. Annoyed me because the stupid tire shop destroyed my tires when I took new sensors to them to put in the aftermarket wheels and tires I had on my 08 Avalanche. Not to mention they scraped my new wheels all up. You can purchase dual frequency sensors that will pair with either. A cheap $10 tool from ebay or Amazon will work to pair them to your truck once you put it in pairing mode as described in the owners manual.

I found out any 433mhz sensor wouldn't work. 13528563 didn't work with my refresh, that was the first PN I tried. Must have had a different protocol. Wouldn't pair with my tool

Edited by jaxcam02

Hmm. Wonder if they did something different with the refresh trucks. The tool worked with my ex wife's 2013 GMC Acadia, my 08 Avalanche and my 21 Trail Boss. Not sure what the PNs were for the sensors I have. I just ordered some off ebay that said they were OEM.

Refresh trucks.  The TPMS system is now AUTO position learning.  Using the tool will do you no good.  

13542523 and 84991144 are the current available numbers.  I haven't tried any other 433mhz sensors to see if they will work correctly with these yet, nor have I tried any aftermarkets so to my knowledge, the OE sensors are the only ones that will work properly with the auto learn feature.  

On 6/24/2022 at 7:31 PM, GETGONE said:

See above.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, newdude said:

Refresh trucks.  The TPMS system is now AUTO position learning.  Using the tool will do you no good.  

13542523 and 84991144 are the current available numbers.  I haven't tried any other 433mhz sensors to see if they will work correctly with these yet, nor have I tried any aftermarkets so to my knowledge, the OE sensors are the only ones that will work properly with the auto learn feature.  

See above.  

How about the TTPMS system on the new trucks?

Presumably the auto learn is for the vehicle only?

58 minutes ago, redwngr said:

How about the TTPMS system on the new trucks?

Presumably the auto learn is for the vehicle only?

Vehicle only, yes.  I honestly forgot the new system existed until I put new factory sensors in my summer wheels.  I started driving and was lost as to why the tire light wasn't on, and then I noticed all the pressures on the dash were correct LOL. 

T1 SUVs have this same auto learn system as well, and anything that is coming out with GM VIP (Global B) vehicle architecture as well as time progresses.  

• Like 1

Not exactly sure what your saying but my reset tool worked for me and the sensors I referenced. If other options work, great. I just wanted to contribute what I know will work on this refresh

Bout damn time GM came out with the auto learn. The 2011 Dodge Durango I had had this and it was great. No screwing around relearning. Drive about 2-5 miles and it would relearn on it's own. Sensors were cheap too.

This discussion got my curiosity up, so I downloaded the OM for the 2022 refreshed Sierra.

In the TPMS section:

TPMS Sensor Matching Process

— Auto Learn Function Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code.

The identification code needs to be matched to a new tire/wheel position after rotating the tires or replacing one or more of the TPMS sensors.

When a tire is installed, the vehicle must be stationary for about 20 minutes before the system recalculates.

The following relearn process takes up to 10 minutes, driving at a minimum speed of 20 km/h (12 mph).

A dash (-) or pressure value will display in the DIC.

See Driver Information Center (DIC) (Base Level)  Driver Information Center (DIC) (Uplevel)

. A warning message displays in the DIC if a problem occurs during the relearn process. 

Not sure how all this helps the discussion, other than to add the the truck needs to sit before a recalc, and then it needs to be driven up to 10 minutes for the relearn to occur.

9 hours ago, redwngr said:

This discussion got my curiosity up, so I downloaded the OM for the 2022 refreshed Sierra.

In the TPMS section:

TPMS Sensor Matching Process

— Auto Learn Function Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code.

The identification code needs to be matched to a new tire/wheel position after rotating the tires or replacing one or more of the TPMS sensors.

When a tire is installed, the vehicle must be stationary for about 20 minutes before the system recalculates.

The following relearn process takes up to 10 minutes, driving at a minimum speed of 20 km/h (12 mph).

A dash (-) or pressure value will display in the DIC.

See Driver Information Center (DIC) (Base Level)  Driver Information Center (DIC) (Uplevel)

. A warning message displays in the DIC if a problem occurs during the relearn process. 

Not sure how all this helps the discussion, other than to add the the truck needs to sit before a recalc, and then it needs to be driven up to 10 minutes for the relearn to occur.

Interesting. Would it be possible for a TPMS sensor to work through this auto learn even if it doesn't react when using the reset tool? All I know is it would suck to install TPMS sensors and have them not work. That's why I always test with the reset tool before I get them installed. 

2 hours ago, jaxcam02 said:

Interesting. Would it be possible for a TPMS sensor to work through this auto learn even if it doesn't react when using the reset tool? All I know is it would suck to install TPMS sensors and have them not work. That's why I always test with the reset tool before I get them installed. 

I don't know if they will also 'learn with the tool'

I'm definitely curious about that.

My read is that the truck will each sensor ID / location each time it is driven after the the 20 or so minutes of stationary time. 

I'd guess someone figures at least 20 minutes is required to rotate tires?

I don't have a '22.5 truck to do any trials.

I do have a teach tool that I use when swapping winter / summer tires.  (winter rims are take-offs with GM sensors)

If I was to get a 'refreshed' 1500, I would like to be able to continue to run the same winter rims/tires -- without having to change to a newer sensor. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I have the refreshed sierra 1500, and just had new wheels put on. Discount tire put the new wheels on, and they used the Original TPMS sensors, but they could not get their relearn tool to communicate with the TPMS sensors, but still tried the learn process on the truck (hold down the steering wheel button on the right side while in park, then the horn honks and the left front single lights up waiting for that one to be learned), truck wouldn't learn the first one and honk and advance to the next.

So they took the wheels off, and put new TPMS sensors on, some schrader sensors.  They programmed the sensors to the 433 mhz range, tried the learn process on the truck again as explained above, this time, their tool would communicate with the sensor, but the truck wouldn't learn it and advance to the next one.

He called some tech support with their learning tool, and they said they can't program the new trucks, and that they are waiting for a software update for their tool in order to program the new trucks.

Left there, went to the GM dealer, and their relearn tool wouldn't even communicate with the schrader TPMS sensors that discount tire installed.  He recommended I recontact discount tire, to see if they still have the original sensors and get them back from them, because I may need to rebuy original ones.  Its been a couple days, I doubt they hung on to them, but I have called and they are looking.

I'm stuck and at a loss of what to do.  How do I get these dang TPMS sensors to learn to the truck?

Edited by Jason Robins

I'm guessing discount tried to point their tool at it through the wheel. The only way I can get my tool to activate the sensor is if I point it at the sensor from the tread of the tire.

If they can find your original sensors ask them to test the sensors through the relearn procedure while the sensors are in your hand sitting in the driver's seat.

Edited by jaxcam02