Putco tail gate light bar

I saw somewhere where someone tapped the reverse line in the Curt connector between the two 7 pin plugs which is probably what I will do.

That’s exactly what I am going to do prob solder and tape I hate those scotch locks. Just waiting on the NJ weather to change a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Jaychevy81 said:

That’s exactly what I am going to do prob solder and tape I hate those scotch locks. Just waiting on the NJ weather to change a bit.

Yeah, I'm trying to stay as far away from the scotchloks as possible.  You're just asking for trouble using those.

While I’m waiting to do the install I figured I would clean up the wiring. I didn’t like how it went from the shrink tube to exposed wires to plastic tube. So I wrapped the whole thing in wire loom and taped it with harness tape. It matches the rest of the factory look. I also extended the reverse wire to make it match the Curt T I have installed on the truck now. ac0326d29ac8839b223a2fcd8688d716.jpg

• Like 1

It’s installed bright that’s all I have to say LOL what a difference. Couple things though the harness is def way to long made it hard to keep it neat and out of the way. The second thing I noticed it’s only 57 1/2 inches long overall and then each end is like 1 1/2. Compared to the street glow I had was 60 inches lights to the end. But so be it those are my only issues. The 3m VHB tape is amazing I tried to make a slight adjustment on the one side yea wasn’t happening it’s like weld no joke. Here are a few shots I also changed the reverse bulbs to LED. 7a3ab522461e3d41097c804a39229e4f.jpg554700e28d6dd4ebbcc290d3290f1913.jpg319f680e904f8f16839d727c755ac035.jpgc42563e81de1f8a7d2935a28ab5a0714.jpg

• Like 2