Putco tail gate light bar

I returned the OPT7 and just got the Putco blade. I tried finding the post from awhile back. My question is to the members that have it. Did you wire the red to 12+ or just plugged it in to the 4 pin plug I have the splitter off the 7 pin underneath. Just wondering how you guys wired it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes... use what fatkid24 linked.   I used the same one.    AND!!!  GREAT call returning the crap OPT7 bar.   It is poorly built and their customer service (lack of) SUCKS!

11 hours ago, fatkid24 said:

I bought a connector that removes any wire cutting (unless you have reverse light on your bar) and it made this install super easy! It keeps all plugs open to use on the bumper and gives you the 4-pin connector you need.

Curt Manufacturing 55384 Trailer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009FJ38Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So if it does have reverse, I would not be able to use this? Or would I just have to make a cut in addition to this connector? 

I am on my second OPT7 bar and it broke again. I will be sending it back again for other. Its still under the 2 year warranty. I will have to look at the Putco. I like the amber sequential turns of the OPT7. Will have to see if Putco has that option as well.

I am on my second OPT7 bar and it broke again. I will be sending it back again for other. Its still under the 2 year warranty. I will have to look at the Putco. I like the amber sequential turns of the OPT7. Will have to see if Putco has that option as well.

No sequential just half flashing each side. I had the OPT7 but didn’t install it as I kept reading all negative reviews. The Putco you can tell is top notch quality for the price.

• Like 1

I bought a connector that removes any wire cutting (unless you have reverse light on your bar) and it made this install super easy! It keeps all plugs open to use on the bumper and gives you the 4-pin connector you need.

Curt Manufacturing 55384 Trailer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009FJ38Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I have the T harness already from my old light bar just wondering how others hooked it up. Directions say to cut the red wire and wire it to 12+ just wondering if anyone did so. I have led tail lights not sure if that matters at all just going by what the directions say.

You shouldn’t need to cut and splice anything with that connector. I have a 5 way light and the only wire I had to add power to was reverse for white. Everything else comes from that plug.
If all else fails, plug it in before install and check all of its functionality. If something isn’t working correctly, let us know and we’ll help troubleshoot it.
Good luck!

So if it does have reverse, I would not be able to use this? Or would I just have to make a cut in addition to this connector? 

If it has reverse, you can use the plug for all functions except the reverse function. I had to tap my reverse light in my taillight for the power on reverse. It’s the lighter green wire on both LTZ LED lights and LT style incandescent lights.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fatkid24 said:

Any idea if that will work on 2018's?  Curt doesn't match it to the 2018's on their site.  Amazon says it will work but I'm leery of trusting them.

Any idea if that will work on 2018's?  Curt doesn't match it to the 2018's on their site.  Amazon says it will work but I'm leery of trusting them.

I have the curt on mine I have a 2018 works great

6 hours ago, EpicLT said:

I saw somewhere where someone tapped the reverse line in the Curt connector between the two 7 pin plugs which is probably what I will do.