For those of you that hate auto stop

Hi everyone, I think I found a way to stop the auto stop function. Temporarily  anyways until someone comes out with an actual delete. I had the max defrost on 1 morning and noticed the truck didn’t shut off at a stop light. I continued to drive to work and it didn’t shut off once. There are many stop lights and stop signs on my to work so the auto stop function is very annoying to me. I’ve been driving like this for a few days now before I posted this just to make sure. So what I’ve been doing is switching the max def on and just turn the fan to low. My only thoughts to this is am I putting wear on any major things other than the blower motor? Don’t want to hurt the truck in anyway just because I hate the auto stop feature. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Ed

Do you also know there is a toggle switch to turn it off.  At least my truck has one. A button with an "A" on it.  You have to turn it off each time you start the truck though.

Congrats on your new truck.

Edited by O Town Denali
  • Like 1

SO far I have never encountered a dealer where they knew more about the vehicle I wanted to buy than me.

It is especially entertaining when the salesman argues with a potential customer about features, packages, engine numbers etc.

Turnover rates are so high that most dealers never have the chance to properly educate their salesman on all of the models.

• Like 5

I remember in the mid 90s hot rod mag had an article about the 94 impala SS coming and had projected performance numbers. I went there to order one. They said I was misinformed. Months later they had two. First car I paid sticker for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Eds240z06 said:

Lmao!!! My dealer told me that’s so I can use my remote start feature!! I need to freakn read the damn owners manual

This is good advice for everyone.

My wife's Subaru autostop won't activate if the rear defroster is on. Forum members on the Subaru side figured out there is a computer setting to permanently turn on the rear defroster (until you turn it off), which basically turns off the autostop permanently. This way you don't have to push the button every time you get in the truck.

So I think what you are saying is probably correct. Most autostops won't work unless the car is warm, and not when the defroster is on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Chevyguy85 said:

Another way, at least on GM vehicles, is to just put it in manual mode.  Manual and click up to highest gear, no start stop.  That's what I've found with the loaners that had that not even close to seamless crap on them.

I think I noticed in L mode it doesn't auto-stop, but with the 10sp shifting to L and clicking upshift to 10 is a whole lot more work than hitting the A/S/S switch to turn it off once.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:05 PM, Ben Berkenpas said:

Range technology has a device to make it always off! $189 and your all set!

Anyone runniung one of these yet?

https://store.rangetechnology.com/products/range-V8

How is it working out?