2019 External Antenna?

My '86 GMC version of the Suburban had the antenna built into the windshield.  I remember at the time a push for GM to return to the traditional mast type antenna!  The reception is apparently superior with the exposed "coat hanger".  (Broken antenna's are often temporarily repaired with a metal coat hanger)   Another advantage is these antennas serve as an early warning device for low parking garages. ;-)
I like the antenna for this very reason. If it touches the height pole going into the deck, then I know I know I'm not going to fit in the deck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Since our 6 3/4" and 21" antenna products have been mentioned here, I will throw out there if you have any questions feel free to email or call with any you may have.

We stand behind our antenna products and if you're not happy with the option you went with we encourage to contact us to exchange to a different option or simply return for a refund. I personally use the 6 3/4" on my GM truck and this is the antenna most of our customers opt for as it is a very durable antenna. If you're one who uses touch car washes, its guaranteed not to break. 

Zach

TheAntennaSource

Edited by TheAntennaSource
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Sierra's have the regular antenna too. I have a 2020 AT4 that has the same regular antenna, the antenna "pings" my garage door going in and out of the garage, but no real issues.

My dad bought a 3/4 ton Denali diesel and it has the stubby antenna. Not sure if it's a Denali thing, a diesel thing, or a 2500 thing, or maybe just because it's about 6 months newer, or from a different dealership.

Doesn't really bother me anyways though, I usually listen to SXM anyways or sync my phone to the truck and listen to something that way.

Edited by 2020AT4
better wording

On 2/9/2019 at 1:02 PM, Donstar said:

My '86 GMC version of the Suburban had the antenna built into the windshield.  I remember at the time a push for GM to return to the traditional mast type antenna!  The reception is apparently superior with the exposed "coat hanger".  (Broken antenna's are often temporarily repaired with a metal coat hanger)   Another advantage is these antennas serve as an early warning device for low parking garages. ?

My first truck; '86 Chevy Custom Deluxe had the same antenna built into the windshield, also had the vent windows in front of the driver and passenger windows. Man I miss that truck, wish they would figure out how to incorporate those features on a modern machine...

I thought the same thing about the antenna , like really couldn't put this in the rear glass like other manufacturers? But then I also notice I dont listen to the radio anymore so I just took it off. Problem solved :^) for me anyways. 

• 4 months later...
On 8/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, Lootz said:

I thought the same thing about the antenna , like really couldn't put this in the rear glass like other manufacturers? But then I also notice I dont listen to the radio anymore so I just took it off. Problem solved :^) for me anyways. 

GM used to put radio antenna's in the front glass.

As I recall, it was a common to improve radio reception by adding an external antenna.