GM Brands Score Higher Than Mercedes-Benz and Toyota On Customer Satisfaction Ranking

Gorehamj

JD power customer satisfaction 2019.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
3-15-2019

General Motors Brands rocked the 2019 JD Power Customer Service Index Study. JD Power breaks the industry into two groupings. In the mass-market segment, Buick led the industry for the third consecutive year. Chevy and GMC were fourth and fifth with scores very close to Toyota's. The 2019 U.S. CSI Study is based on responses from 57,286 owners and lessees of 2016 to 2018 model-year vehicles.

jd power sustomer satisfaction luxury brands 2019.png

In the luxury category, Cadillac finished behind Porsche and Lexus, but look closely and you will see that Cadillac's score is nearly identical to Lexus'. Key findings in the JD Power study included:

- All generations of customers showing a preference for internet scheduling.

- In-store engagement remains important.

- A large percentage of owners are also promoters of their vehicle and brand (to friends and family).

- The satisfaction gap between dealers and independent shops is closing.

“This is an important area of opportunity for dealers,” Sutton said. “Seemingly simple things like completing service right the first time; returning settings to how they were when the customer brought the vehicle in for service; and washing the customer’s vehicle—all three of which are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)—can affect their perception of service quality. While completing repairs right the first time is done 94% of the time, the other two KPIs are only being completed 81% and 45% of the time, respectively. These basics are really building blocks to cementing the customer’s relationship with their dealer.”

Nah, the competition can't keep up and in my opinion, never did.  Only in the halls of Consumer Reports and the car magazine writers do they think the foreign cars best the American autos.  Not in my experience, ever.

Every "car guy" I know thinks that Consumer Reports is a pile of trash.  Especially when you look at their ratings and compare it with thing that Motor Trend and Car and Driver say etc....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, emeryz28 said:

Every "car guy" I know thinks that Consumer Reports is a pile of trash. 

^^^ THIS!!! ^^^^

My best cars were the ones they hated.  They preferred the cramped, high winding, no torque, euro trash rides.

Edited by swathdiver