Unsettling Experience

Most of the time, that comment just rubbed me the wrong way but it is Monday so I will shut up and color,

Some people instead of helping the poor guy, they belittle. That rubs me the wrong way. By the way kool-aid drinker is akin to jumping on the bandwagon. Not so much brand sick. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Some people instead of helping the poor guy, they belittle. That rubs me the wrong way. By the way kool-aid drinker is akin to jumping on the bandwagon. Not so much brand sick. [emoji106]

Me and TXCREEK rarely agreed but he gave a responsible explanation, that’s where experience comes in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Me and TXCREEK rarely agreed but he gave a responsible explanation, that’s where experience comes in.

Okay Stan, I will wait until I have more experience before I voice an opinion from now on...and I know what a Kool-Aid drinker implies. Have a great day :thumbs:

• Like 1

There’s not one manufacturer out there that I 100% trust. I’ve found my vehicle requirements needing more for recreational and ZERO towing, that said, my next truck will 100% be the newest Ford Raptor. I will agree with GM having issues but as I’ve said, all manufacturers have their issues, I just buy what best fits my requirements, cruising and going light off-roading is soooo much more fun than towing lol. I’ve been part of the Raptor forums for long time, found that not one time has anyone picked on anyone or used derogatory comments, it’s a great bunch of guys that help each other out in a positive way and not once has anyone ever mentioned another brand on there. As of now, with only 15K miles on my truck, all is well but the first none repairable issue that GM refuses to take care of is going to seal the coffin on future GM purchases for me unless of course my wife is still dead set on having hers.

Sorry for going off topic but I think people really need to realize, there’s no one great problem free vehicle out there, not anymore but at least get what you need and not what you want. If you think people use derogatory comments in here, you should look at sister forums, cursing all day long at each other and admins never do a thing about it. Lmao!

Sent from above

• Like 1

Okay Stan, I will wait until I have more experience before I voice an opinion from now on...and I know what a Kool-Aid drinker implies. Have a great day :thumbs:

I went back and looked. You did comment. Didn’t expect that. Explains everything. Sorry if I’m inclined to feel for the under dog. He was clearly getting picked on.

• Like 2

It’s TXGREEK and the reason why I don’t agree with you any longer is for the same reason you’re commenting now, you’re on a GM vehicle forum and all you do is constantly put down GM vehicles. You rave about your Hyundai or Toyota’s and yet you’re on the GM forum. There was a guy on the Ford Forum that did that and the admin sent out notices and warned members about Trolls purposely starting crap with Ford Raptor owners and later found out he was in there to start crap with people, Admin deleted his account.

Do I think GM has issues, Hell Yes! Just like everyone else but I don’t cut down other people’s likes or compare rave about other brands to a GM, not what this forum is about. Without getting into a never ending discussion what’s the best out there, to each their own and last I checked this is a GM Truck forum for GM Truck enthusiasts and most GM buyers were and are aware of issues plaguing all manufacturers. Like I said, different quality of people in each forum, some sit around with nothing to do but Troll forums, others are pumped up about their vehicles and try to HELP others, not make it worse.
Best wishes to everyone!

Sent from above
  • Like 2

There’s not one manufacturer out there that I 100% trust. I’ve found my vehicle requirements needing more for recreational and ZERO towing, that said, my next truck will 100% be the newest Ford Raptor. I will agree with GM having issues but as I’ve said, all manufacturers have their issues, I just buy what best fits my requirements, cruising and going light off-roading is soooo much more fun than towing lol. I’ve been part of the Raptor forums for long time, found that not one time has anyone picked on anyone or used derogatory comments, it’s a great bunch of guys that help each other out in a positive way and not once has anyone ever mentioned another brand on there. As of now, with only 15K miles on my truck, all is well but the first none repairable issue that GM refuses to take care of is going to seal the coffin on future GM purchases for me unless of course my wife is still dead set on having hers.

Sorry for going off topic but I think people really need to realize, there’s no one great problem free vehicle out there, not anymore but at least get what you need and not what you want. If you think people use derogatory comments in here, you should look at sister forums, cursing all day long at each other and admins never do a thing about it. Lmao!

Sent from above

Most of our discussion have centered around how we feel about bang for the buck. My argument has been GMs best deals were Texas Edition type packages. I would have no problem paying the bucks for the Raptor. That’s what I would be driving if I wasn’t retired. Definitely bang for the buck there. I hope that doesn’t deter you.

• Like 1

It’s TXGREEK and the reason why I don’t agree with you any longer is for the same reason you’re commenting now, you’re on a GM vehicle forum and all you do is constantly put down GM vehicles. You rave about your Hyundai or Toyota’s and yet you’re on the GM forum. There was a guy on the Ford Forum that did that and the admin sent out notices and warned members about Trolls purposely starting crap with Ford Raptor owners and later found out he was in there to start crap with people, Admin deleted his account.

Do I think GM has issues, Hell Yes! Just like everyone else but I don’t cut down other people’s likes or compare rave about other brands to a GM, not what this forum is about. Without getting into a never ending discussion what’s the best out there, to each their own and last I checked this is a GM Truck forum for GM Truck enthusiasts and most GM buyers were and are aware of issues plaguing all manufacturers. Like I said, different quality of people in each forum, some sit around with nothing to do but Troll forums, others are pumped up about their vehicles and try to HELP others, not make it worse.
Best wishes to everyone!

Sent from above

Most people own different brands at the same time. That’s why I want to hear about all of them. My favorite all time is Chevy hands down. If you notice some die hard Chevy enthusiast own Honda’s, Mazda, Toyota and they do comment on those.

1 hour ago, 2016 Sierra Owner said:

I guess this is not true then?

On dry road, it's true. Apparently not on bumpy roads. Do I have to explain everything?

Most of our discussion have centered around how we feel about bang for the buck. My argument has been GMs best deals were Texas Edition type packages. I would have no problem paying the bucks for the Raptor. That’s what I would be driving if I wasn’t retired. Definitely bang for the buck there. I hope that doesn’t deter you.

Absolutely not, I love GM too, I’m retired too (well most of the time) and want to enjoy traveling and doing fun stuff without worrying about going off-road. OP’s concerns and comments were the exact same issues I had in my 14, thought that was what the discussion was about not GM’s best deals.

Hope OP gets everything figured out.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

I am using the ignore feature so the Kool-Aid drinkers need not respond to this. Some can't take criticism just because they own one too. It's getting too stupid.

One mentioned sand bags in the back. I did have quite a bit of weight on my 2016 Ford... the shell and the Bedrug carpet inside. That may be why I never experienced it on Ford. I'd get the shudders and I'd expect it to drift off if the road is a curve and bumpy. I also owned a 2012 F-150 that had nothing on it. I would never expect that in any vehicle, especially when it's a completely straight road with a bit of dry dirt from the recent storm.

It definitely handles better on a clean road though. I'm going to keep driving it until I experience that again and will have to talk to the dealership. I had it for less than a week so I'm not quite happy about that.

Would be nice if I could get Texas Edition here in California, but it probably won't have California emissions on it. The Texans get the nicest trucks out there.

I am using the ignore feature so the Kool-Aid drinkers need not respond to this. Some can't take criticism just because they own one too. It's getting too stupid.

One mentioned sand bags in the back. I did have quite a bit of weight on my 2016 Ford... the shell and the Bedrug carpet inside. That may be why I never experienced it on Ford. I'd get the shudders and I'd expect it to drift off if the road is a curve and bumpy. I also owned a 2012 F-150 that had nothing on it. I would never expect that in any vehicle, especially when it's a completely straight road with a bit of dry dirt from the recent storm.

It definitely handles better on a clean road though. I'm going to keep driving it until I experience that again and will have to talk to the dealership. I had it for less than a week so I'm not quite happy about that.

Would be nice if I could get Texas Edition here in California, but it probably won't have California emissions on it. The Texans get the nicest trucks out there.

Don’t think the 2013 1500 had this issue either but personally it’s all pretty much fixable. I’d start like you said with dealership looking at it and then start looking at the rear end, (don’t think the rear end is well balanced and moves easily) looking for a way to better stabilize the rear end either with performance shocks, traction bars or even both and there’s always tire pressure too, lowering the pressure helps. I switched to Michelin’s and Fox shocks, fixed 90-95% of it.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

Btw, I believe this is an isolated issue, and IMHO strongly believe your rear end is the culprit. Here’s my setup and off-roading with washboard roads never becomes a problem, something to think about.

faaeac0595839d7e8c8874b4e72ff69f.jpg
48d72011bb39d712557545d760aad953.jpg

Sent from above

• Like 1

Slowing down will fix the issue IMO.

[emoji4]

Valid point but if he’s having what I had it didn’t make a difference slowing down, especially frustrating when being passed up by other trucks not showing any signs of this issue.

Sent from above
  • Like 1